Author Topic: lsdotc  (Read 244 times)

atara

• Dominant Queen
lsdotc
« on: October 07, 2010, 03:29:56 PM »
Okay, normally it's extremely bad form to crosslink, or cut-and-paste, but given the -incredible- number of questions on this one I think it's justified, just this once.

http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=118135
http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=119574

Vesp

• Administrator
  • Foundress Queen
Re: lsdotc
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 07:56:21 PM »
Diethylamine synthesis has been discussed here a little bit, and it seems fairly simple.

It sounds like they actually did this? Is director of sound known as a person who really knows their stuff, or did they just come out of no where and say this?  Someone should invite them over here.

Bitcoin address: 1FVrHdXJBr6Z9uhtiQKy4g7c7yHtGKjyLy

overunity33

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 09:41:20 PM »
DOS really knows whats up

jon

• Foundress Queen
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 02:08:51 AM »
yeah that's pretty cool it's rare to find a first hand writeup dealing with real world lsd chemistry.
most is just cut and paste action.

Vesp

• Administrator
  • Foundress Queen
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 02:12:43 AM »
It would be nice if they made it over here. I'm sure they would like to see all of our discussion pertaining to parts of the subject...

Edit: Looks like they did...  :)
Bitcoin address: 1FVrHdXJBr6Z9uhtiQKy4g7c7yHtGKjyLy

poisoninthestain

• Dominant Queen
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 04:26:42 AM »
i remember messing around with this route way back when, found out it's easy just frac distill it and do it SLOW. simple amide hydrolysis...all the DEA i was making from DEET flew out my condenser because i was distilling too fast.

director of sound

• Larvae
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 08:06:18 AM »
i remember messing around with this route way back when, found out it's easy just frac distill it and do it SLOW. simple amide hydrolysis...all the DEA i was making from DEET flew out my condenser because i was distilling too fast.
   i have found by far the easiest and highest yielding method it to partialy hydrolyze the DEET in a solution of ethyl alcohol and potassium hydroxide first. (sealed container as in my synth) then when you go to distill it you must add more KOH (or NaOH) about 25g per 100ml of DEET/EtOH/KOH solution. this will make the diethylamine that distills over fairly anhydrous. there will still be small amounts of water in the form of the azeotrope with the EtOH in solution. fast distillation is fine but you need an air condenser before a graham condenser with at least 5-10°C water running through it. i simply use a homemade air condenser that consists of a 500mm section of 10mm boro glass with a bend at one end for attachment to the boiling flask and the other end blown out and formed to attach to the graham condenser. the whole thing has a 10° slope to keep the diethylamine flowing. once the condenser (graham) has liquid diethylamine in it you must back off the heat to a low reflux otherwise too much pressure will build up in the setup and all your joints could blow apart. this is more prevalent for larger batches using 500ml of deet or more.  boiling stones are not absolutely necessary but you have to heat slow to prevent heavy bumping. once you have your first distillate it contains minute amounts of water and a fair amount of EtOH so you have to fractionally distill it.  the EtOH has a much higher boiling point than the diethylamine (78°C) so what you should do is start with a clean flask and charge it with 10g NaOH per each 100ml of distillate, add the diatillate and slowly bring up the heat untill you see the vapor start to condense on the thermometer bulb. the temp should be somewhere right around 55°c or slightly less. slowly degree by degree turn up the heat untill you start to see it in the condenser. keep the temp there untill no more comes over. there should be a rise in temperature at that time as there is no more evaporating diethylamine to carry away heat. so stop there and what  is in your receiving flask is pure anhydrous diethylamine. store it tightly closed in the fridge to prevent degradation (it will yellow with age but is still good).

tregar

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 05:17:06 PM »
welcome director of sound! so glad to see you here!

just recently discovered those two threads on other forum, very interesting reading. excellent dream research.