View Full Version : Knoffler method (K-method)

Bialy
August 24th, 2002, 07:40 AM
Hi!

I tried to make hexogen with Knoffler method. This is what I did and what happened:

To 8,6 g of HNO3 1g of hexamine and 2,4 g of NH4NO3 was added. Then it was heated. The temp was about 80-85*C. After… maybe 10 min I sow red NO2. The NO2 was not bubbling from the mixture. I sow colorless bubbles come from the mixture. It was probably N2. After 25 min (the mixture was still heated to about 80*C) NO2 started to bubble (energetically) from the mixture. I dump it to cold water. The yield was 0,9 g!! Something went wrong! But what?

Maybe the nitric acid wasn’t to concentrated?

{1g hexamine + 11g of this nitric acid = 0,9g RDX.
If I had a 96 % acid the yield should be about
1,1 g of RDX}.

In Knoffler method I should get 2 g of RDX.

What’s your opinion?

Bialy

nbk2000
August 24th, 2002, 08:51 AM
My opinion is that you're going to have to wait another two weeks before you can post again since you violated Rule #1 "No new posts by newbies".

In those two weeks, while you're waiting for your NEW member name to be approved (since your old one has been deleted), I'd suggest you READ the rules (which you obviously DIDN'T do the first time around) and learn what CAN and CANNOT be done around here.

There's NO shortage of existing topics in which you could have posted this in, except out of sheer laziness.

Thank you and have a nice day. :D Resume normal program.