View Full Version : I need some help!!!

HalfDark
December 15th, 2001, 04:15 PM
Well since im new i'll into myself!!!

I'm British (no cheap jokes plz) 15 years old, and i'm fairly new at this explosives thing.........see i'm trying to find people from england (no offence) as its all the americans that do this and i cant find out where to get certian chemicals or wot contains them..................the ones i want in paticular are........
Acetone
Sulphur
Sulphuric acid
Hydrochloric acid
Nitric acid
Potassium nitrate
Ammonium nitrate

The only place i have found, so far, where to get these from is school, but i'm either gonna get caught, and i'm leaving the school soon.

So if any one knows of a chemical suppliers that would sell them plz tell me!!!!

And i know being 15 is a bit of a young age to be playing with explosives, but i just wanna know how the stuff works, and possibly have another go if i ever get the guts to make some more!!!!

------------------
You may be able to "see" the light half of the world......but you have to "know" the dark of it!!!

Jhonbus
December 15th, 2001, 04:45 PM
Want to know how stuff works eh?

I'll tell you how our Forum works. You SEARCH before you post. The majority of questions we get from newbies are like this one: They have been answered many times and in many different forms already.

The moderators (and the rest of us) tend to get annoyed when things like this happen.

So my suggestion to you is this: Read the Forum Rules, and just read the forum for a few weeks without posting anything. You'll get an idea of how things work around here, and then you'll have the knowledge required to start becoming a part of the Forum. Your username will probably be banned for this transgression of the rules, so don't bother reregistering until you can fit in.

------------------
You must create.

PGP Key ID on MIT server: 0x0ADBA985

Riot
December 15th, 2001, 04:50 PM
U can get: Potassium nitrate
Sulphur
Acetone (maby)
From the chemist.

I don't know about the acids or Ammonium nitrate

HalfDark
December 15th, 2001, 05:04 PM
I did do a search........all i found was some things in dollars........and where to get potassium nitrate....from agricultraul suppliers but i dont think they are gonna sell to a 15 year old...........

im sorry if i messed up i'll read more of the post for a bit hen try start over again...........just dont ban the name.......thnx

------------------
You may be able to "see" the light half of the world......but you have to "know" the dark of it!!!

[This message has been edited by HalfDark (edited December 15, 2001).]

nbk2000
December 15th, 2001, 05:21 PM
At least he wasn't DEMANDING an answer.

I'll give you a pass, on the condition that you read up past posts from the last few weeks. Then you won't have to ask this kind of question again, see?

------------------
"I have begun evil, I shall end evil. That is the end that awaits me."

Go here (http://briefcase.yahoo.com/nbk2k) to download the NBK2000 files and videos.

DarkAngel
December 16th, 2001, 05:57 AM
You gave a piece of the answer by your self,Pottasium/Ammonium Nitrate can be bought at agricultraul suppliers but if you already say "but i dont think they are gonna sell to a 15 year old" you will never get it.
Just go to an agricultraul supplier and ask for a bag of Pottasium/Ammonium Nitrate if they start asking questions tell them that your father sended you ,and if that doesn't help atleast you try'd it.

Acetone:Hardware stores/Paint stores/Chemist.
Sulphur:Agricultraul suppliers.
Sulphuric Acid:Car Battery Acid,Drain blocker.
Hydrochloric:Hardware stores/Paint stores,for removing cement spills.

------------------
ÐarkAngel

For explosives and stuff go to Section1 http://www.section1.f2s.com And http://run.to/section1 (http://www.run.to/section1)
sendtosection1@hotmail.com

HalfDark
December 16th, 2001, 06:22 AM
Thanx people, i'll try some of those things and let you know how i get on!!!!

And one more thing........i'm going to Germany in a few months and was wondering if there is anything i could get over there which would be "useful" that i couldn't get here!!!

------------------

DarkAngel
December 16th, 2001, 06:26 AM
CS gas,Stun Gun's,Knifes,Pyro guns (shoots small flares and stuff into the air)

------------------
ÐarkAngel

For explosives and stuff go to Section1 http://www.section1.f2s.com And http://run.to/section1 (http://www.run.to/section1)
sendtosection1@hotmail.com

Mr Cool
December 16th, 2001, 08:52 AM
Won't your dad buy you the KNO3 if they ask questions when you try? Or does he not approve of your hobby?
You can get 92% H2SO4 from B&Q Warehouse stores, 1L is £4. You can also get HCl form there, 15%, and probably acetone for a few £ per litre. AND you can get NaClO3 from them, 5kg for about £5 IIRC.
NH4NO3, KNO3, sulphur, KMnO4, urea can all be found at agricultural suppliers.
There are actually a surprising number of UK people here, as well as many 15 year olds!

------------------
"Nothing makes a man fear much, more than to know little." - Francis Bacon.

HalfDark
December 16th, 2001, 10:14 AM
No my dad doesnt aprove of this hobby.......

I dont tend to make some of the more dangerous explosives......im more into the small things at the moment.........but i do make the smoke bombs (the KNO3/sugar), that why i need the KNO3!!!

i use to "aquire" some from school but the store rooms are getting beter security as some KNO3 went "missing"..........i had nothing to do with this, of course http://theforum.virtualave.net/ubb/smilies/wink.gif

------------------

Arkangel
December 16th, 2001, 03:21 PM
Spirit of Salts, 30% HCL, 50ml from Robert Dyas (or other) hardware £1.60 for 500ml-ish

------------------
It's easier to get forgiveness than permission

VX
December 17th, 2001, 05:18 AM
Acetone.... chemist in a small brown bottle, kept behind the counter sometimes. VERY dear though (about ? for 50ml), can also be distiled from cheap nail varnish remover with some simple chemistry apperatus. (For AP I (sorry my friend) has used just nail varnish remover,(must be the cheapest you can find i.e. wont have other additives that could mess up your reaction or have a Boiling Point less than acetone, and must NOT be acetone free....Duh) as it was only Acetone, water and glycerin, glycerin is water soluble so when the product was washed at the end it was removed.. leaving pure AP.

ALL of the other chemicals mentioned my friend buys from a pool supply shop near to me. However NEVER buy very suspect combinations of chemicals from the same place. Remember the owner/assistant in the shop knows basic chem at least.

------------------
There is no spoon!!

[This message has been edited by VX (edited December 17, 2001).]

Arkangel
December 17th, 2001, 05:39 AM
For Cheaaaaap Acetone in bulk, get it from a figreglass (GRP) supplier. Tell them you are building a canoe at home. It's used in vast quantities in that industry for cleaning all the polyester resin/gelcoat etc from brushes/rollers/spray equipment. Pick up 5-25-225 litres for much less. You can buy Al Powder there too. that's used for modifying pigments, or making thin laminates opaque. (GRP is very strong, but people in boats get uneasy if they can see light through the hull.

Very few suppliers in that industry will understand ap, although as normal, you should exercise appropriate security when buying.

------------------
It's easier to get forgiveness than permission

A_W
March 29th, 2002, 01:43 PM
I got my acetone from a paintstore (you can also get it at a hardwarestore). I got HCl, H2SO4, HNO3, KNO3 and sulfur from a pharmacy. Ammoniumnitrate can be found inside "Instant Cold Packs" sold at a sports dealer.

DBSP
March 29th, 2002, 03:53 PM
A_W can you buy HNO3 in the pharmacy in norway? What conc and whats the price? Are you allowed to buy acids in norway without any special permits. Here you cant buy any conc. acids without permits.

A_W
March 30th, 2002, 06:07 AM
You need no special permit to buy acids in Norway. I got conc. (68%)HNO3 at a pharmacy for 170 nkr wich I belive to be approx. 19$. I was 14 years when I bought it, and the people who worked there didn`t mind at all.

<small>[ March 30, 2002, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: A_W ]</small>