View Full Version : Advice

green beret
October 17th, 2001, 01:59 AM
Has anyone from Australia ordered any books from the US? I heard that paladin and loompanics ship in plain parcels so customs wont know what type of books they are. Can anyone offer me any advice?

mrloud
October 17th, 2001, 07:33 AM
I would not have thought you'd need worry about customs. I don't think it is actually illegal to possess books on explosives and weapons in Australia. I dont know what the American Customs will have to say though.

Maybe you could convince someone on The Forum to buy it for you and convert it to PDF for the benefit of us all. ;-)

green beret
October 17th, 2001, 09:15 AM
The American customs wont stop it leaving the country, and I am pretty sure it is illegal to have books on explosives and related subjects in Oz.

I recall someone from Oz saying how he ordered a book and when the parcel arrived at his door there was a letter from customs giving him a warning and telling him that his book had been confiscated.

It would be so cool if I could just walk down to the local book store and buy a copy of the PMJB or a copy of home made c4 but it will never happen...

So can anyone from Oz help me, or at least tell me what sort of parcels the companies ship. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by green beret (edited October 17, 2001).]

nbk2000
October 17th, 2001, 12:14 PM
That's what the forum FTP is for. You can download the entire PMJB series, C-4, etc for free! Use it while you can.

------------------
"I have begun evil, I shall end evil. That is the end that awaits me."

Go here (http://briefcase.yahoo.com/nbk2ooo) to download the NBK2000 files and videos.

green beret
October 17th, 2001, 12:25 PM
Thanks NBK, I know about the ftp, but I have very limited download limit :-( I only wanted to know because there are a few books that I would realy like to have in print.

green beret
October 17th, 2001, 12:52 PM
I just tried the FTP and cant login, has the password changed? Also went to wantsomfets site to download the C4 video but cant. It keep saying page unavailable.

grey
October 20th, 2001, 12:18 PM
Send them an email and ask if they can send with no external indications of source or contents.
Some companies have a 'special instructions' field in the on-line order form where you could also request this.
In the worst case scenario, order one at a time to limit your losses if it get stopped.

firebreether
October 20th, 2001, 03:45 PM
the forum has FTP? How do you use it?

green beret
October 20th, 2001, 11:17 PM
Thanks, I contacted loompanics and they said they can ship in a different parcel for me.