View Full Version : Instructions on How to use chinese celebration crakers

green beret
November 19th, 2001, 04:06 AM
Ok. Firstly I will try and post this liitle bit to see if I can actually post or not.....

CodeMason
November 19th, 2001, 04:08 AM
Ohhhh... kay...
(Next time just edit your first post PYRO500)

[This message has been edited by PYRO500 (edited 11-19-2001).]

green beret
November 19th, 2001, 04:18 AM
Thank God!! I can post!!

Well. I have this roll of 500 chinese celebration crakers, super strings or string crackers, whatever you want to call them.

I looked on the top (side actually) and read the label- it said to be careful and that they are explosive etc. and it said to read instructions on the other side, but they are all in Mexican or some other bullshit talk.

So I thought, cant be too hard and I peeled off the labels to inspect the workings of the device, cant see any fuse but there are two pieces of string that go all the way aroung the roll to hold it together. I have come to the conclusion that these strings must be unrolled and the crackers be layed out or strung up in a line, and the fuse is located at one of the ends.

This is what I originally thought you had to do, so dont tell me Im a dumbfuck and please dont tell me that I shouldnt be using fireworks if I couldnt figure that out, because I have a lot of experience using aireals and other types of firework.

All feedback will be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone.

J
November 19th, 2001, 04:45 AM
If they're the same as the strings you can get in France, there will be a fuse at one end. You'll have to unroll the string and lay it out anyway.

J

------------------
Download the forum archive (http://blake.prohosting.com/~imsako/index.htm)
PGP key available here (http://pgpkeys.mit.edu/) (ID = 0x5B66A792)

Jhonbus
November 19th, 2001, 04:53 AM
Why don't you type out this bullshit talk and see if any of us cunning linguists can decypher it for you http://theforum.virtualave.net/ubb/smilies/smile.gif

------------------
You must create.

green beret
November 19th, 2001, 04:57 AM
Thanks J.
Is that a flame Johnbus?
It is mexican or spanish or something so I threw it out.
I am also curious as to whether I would get a better effect if I were to hang them as opposed to laying them on the ground....

[This message has been edited by green beret (edited 11-19-2001).]

Jhonbus
November 19th, 2001, 05:03 AM
No, it wasn't a flame, I just wanted an excuse to say "cunning linguist".
I personally like the way those things jump around when left lying on the floor when set off. Where did I hear about people making them out of sticks of dynamite...

------------------
You must create.

green beret
November 19th, 2001, 05:37 AM
Ok Johnbus sorry to jump yo conclusions.
I cant wait untill new year, wish I could make some out of dynamite, talk about terror weapons!

Have you used a 500 roll before, if so what results did you experience, I know that (in my roll) some are made using flash and there are some fucking big ones in the middle too.

Recently went to a pyro show and they let off 1 million string crackers in 30 seconds! That inspired me to get the biggest roll I could. I had to laugh though when one of the string crackers went toward the crowd and they shit themselves. A mortar also tipped over and shot in the direction of the crowd but didnt quite make the distance.

[This message has been edited by green beret (edited 11-19-2001).]

mark
November 21st, 2001, 06:32 PM
You can make them all go off at once by wraping the whole string together tightly and rubber banding it together To add to the spectacular effect, atatch a string to the center and hang it from a power line. Lots of fun if you dont electrocute yourself.