View Full Version : other peroxides

Kettch42
April 9th, 2002, 08:11 PM
I was looking over a hazardous materials list and noticed that benzoyl peroxide, the active ingredient in many acne medication was listed. I took some acne cream (10% benzoyl peroxide, CVS store brand) and spread it thinly on a sheet of plastic. It dried overnight, leaving a thin white solid. I filled a plastic bottle cap with the stuff and ignited it, which produced a ball of flame maybe a foot in diameter, as well as a fair amount of oily black smoke. As far as I can tell it's not shock sensitive (maybe due to impurities?), so about the only use I've found for it is priming KNO3/sugar rockets, because it ignites really easily.

Kettch42
April 9th, 2002, 08:15 PM
Oh shit!, I hit the new topic button instead of the new reply button. To NBK and all other residents of The Forum, I offer my most humble apologies. I've been lurking for a while and really enjoy reading the banned for life section, but ending up there myself doesn;t sound like nearly as much fun. NBK, you are a gnius, a wizard, a god, and I worship you. Please don't ban me.

nbk2000
April 10th, 2002, 12:00 AM
No first posts as new topics!

And, while the ass kissing felt good, it doesn't save you.

Try again.