View Full Version : Electrochemistry?

edward monroe
November 2nd, 2002, 10:42 AM
Hello darlings, I'm new! Not in the manufactured sense.
Has anyone tried electrolysis for producing oxidizers.
A platinum anode is costly but very, very useful and lasts 4ever. Metal sulfates can be decomposed to form the acid by plating out the metal. Cuso4 works well. The cathode; metal or graphite receives the copper and when removed from the cell leaves dilute sulfuric acid which can be concentrated by boiling.
Dilute nitric acid can be concentated by electrolysis and dissolved no2 is oxidised to n2o5, the anhydride, which remains in the solution. Production of chlorates and perchlorates is greatly simplified using platinum. It's just possible that electrolysing a stoichiometric mixture of hexamine, ammonium nitrate and glacial acetic acid will result in the formation of cyclonite. The acetic acid keeps the reactants in solution but does not contribute to the reaction.
E. Monroe.

zeocrash
November 2nd, 2002, 11:23 AM
Dude some advice.
firstly, do not make your first post a new post. I'm sure you're making valid points, but please save it until you're a bit better established arround here.
secondly, calling us darlings, is at best frightfully wrong, and at worst may annoy certain people.
thirdly </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"> very useful and lasts 4ever </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">what is that, please do not do any abreviations except lol rofl and lmao
now you just better hope that NBK is in a good mood, and will forgive you for your temporary lapse in forum etiquette

KinePak
November 2nd, 2002, 11:25 AM
Hope you dont get banned for this post, read the damn rules man.

I hear the stomps of the k3wl exterminator.

Anthony
November 2nd, 2002, 12:53 PM
Seriously, I've seen ants with boiling water poured on them last longer than some of these guys.

All we ask is that you read the rules when you sign up, and then stick to them - they really are very simple and you get a whole two weeks to think about it!

Your saving grace might have been providing some new info, but everything you said has been said before. Not that H2SO4 or chlorate synthesis is even applicable in the Nitric Acid section! :mad:

Off to BFL with you! I think you'll like it in there - lots of like-minded fools, hey you might even be in time for their weekly FelchFest! :)