View Full Version : Can i get some help?

Cal
August 15th, 2001, 05:46 PM
hi i'm new here i just came here via the link that the real put up on the site totse
uhm i was wondering if this is true info cause now that the real's gone we have no mod and noone knew as much as he did so i was wondering if any of you guys could tell me if it's true or not.

Here Is How To Make Hydrazine..

Prepare a solution of 1500 mL of 28-29% ammonium hydroxide, 900 mL of water, 375 mL of 10% gelatin solution, and 1200 mL of normal sodium hypochlorite solution. It is absolutely imperative to use distilled water, the presence of any contaminant ions will screw up this reaction! It is possible to use starch, glue, or glycerol instead of gelatin, but they are inferior. Mix these chemicals in a large glass dish, like a pie plate or bowl, or just use several portions, as this is nearly a gallon of liquid. This mixture is heated as rapidly as possible and boiled down to one-third of its original volume. The solution is then cooled thoroughly with ice and suction filtered twice to remove any impurities. When filtering, first use towels (like a washcloth), then use regular filter paper on top of some cloth (like from a T-shirt).
The resulting liquid is dilute hydrazine hydrate. To make concentrated hydrazine hydrate, mix 144 mL of dilute hydrazine with 230 mL of xylene in a round-bottomed 500-mL Florence flask. Fractionally distill the mixture in an atmosphere of nitrogen, the xylene will first pass over with most of the water, then the hydrazine will pass over. Keep the fractions separate of course. The resulting hydrazine hydrate will be 90-95% hydrazine. This concentration procedure is meant for 60% hydrazine hydrate, since the hydrazine hydrate prepared above may be greater or less than 60%, some experimentation may be needed to find the proper amount of xylene to use (more xylene is needed for dilute hydrazine, less for more concentrated hydrazine).
To obtain anhydrous hydrazine, mix 20 g of potassium hydroxide per 100 g of >90% hydrazine hydrate in a beaker, let this mixture stand overnight so much of the water can be withdrawn. After standing, filter the solution to remove the hydroxide. Add to the filtered liquid an equal amount by weight of sodium hydroxide. Place this mixture in a round-bottomed 500-mL Florence flask, reflux for 2 hours, then distill in a slow stream of nitrogen. You must use nitrogen, distillation in air may lead to an explosion!

------------------
I like pot guy, and i'm hungry guy yea!

kingspaz
August 15th, 2001, 05:57 PM
your from t**se??!!!!t**se is fucking bullcrap!!!....ok why would you want to make hydrazine? you want to die? of cancer that is. why do you want some hydrazine?? are you going to make 'the worlds most powerful non nuclear explosive' by adding ammonium nitrate?

[This message has been edited by kingspaz (edited August 15, 2001).]

Berserker
August 15th, 2001, 07:56 PM
Many of these "improvised" formulas for various chemicals you see around the web are often riddled with flaws and outright guesswork. In almost all cases, the author merely took the proper laboratory procedure and "dumbed it down", using procedures and materials that were pulled out of his ass. I have no idea how well the above procedure will work, I'm just giving out a word of caution, especially to those that visit *shudder* TawTSE.

Berserker
August 15th, 2001, 08:07 PM
Wrong section btw.

megalomania
August 17th, 2001, 01:29 AM
It is a bit of a faux paw to admit you hail from the temple of screaming excrement, but since you are the first newbie to bring information instead of a question, well, the Dark Lord is wearing his mittens tonight. However, this information has already been posted here at one time or another. It is correct, if dumbed down. This reaction is quite dangerous considering the extreme toxicity of hydrazine, which your info fails to mention. This post is a varient of the real scientific literature, minus that little bit extra that can mean the difference between life and death.

Do try to realize that we are trying to maintain some kind of respectability and integrity at The Forum. We are not TOTSE by any means. I am moving this to the misc section, its proper home.

------------------
For the most comprehensive and informative web site on explosives and related topics, go to Megalomania's Controversial Chem Lab at http://surf.to/megalomania