View Full Version : Decapacitation, not decapitation - Archive File

Anthony
March 17th, 2003, 08:53 PM
Spudgunner
A new voice
posted February 04, 2001 01:18 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has anybody ever tried to make a cs gas grenade or anything of the sort? I think I have a decent idea. Instead of using that stuff, try simple cinnamon oil. I hear you saying "what a retard, this isnt Home Ec". Well, the PURE cinnamon oil is some very potent stuff. I was helping mom make some cinnamon candy during last holidays, and when she added the oil, about 3 drams, or something like half a teaspoon, I am not sure, to the very hot melted sugar mix, the oil started boiling and putting out some horrid fumes. Sure they smelled nice, but if you inhaled any of the vapor, you would start choking. It also does a very nice job of making your eyes water and not being able to see very well. I am telling you this stuff is BAD! You would have to be able to boil it though and then release the gas through vents. Another thing to really piss somebody off, is put it in their food. You cannot recognize it as cinnamon. It does not smell like cinnamon until it has been really hot. It does not taste like cinnamon in pure form. In fact, it does not have much of a taste if you get the pure stuff in your mouth, it simply makes it go numb. I had a little on a spoon spreading the candy out, a little oil got on it, i licked the candy, and my lip started going numb! Of course, maybe it isnt as bad as I am making it out to be, but I think it is. Sorry for such a long post. Oh, and BTW, you cannot use cinnamon extract or any such garbage. The PURE oil is fairly expensive when buying in the little dram containers. IE, 1 USD a dram. Although they do sell a 16 ounce bottle some place. You could fill a large house with fumes from that much. Anyway, I hope you all get a chance to try it and tell me if it is as bad for you as I seem to think it is.
Spud

The Real
Frequent Poster
posted February 04, 2001 06:55 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not to long ago I decided to make some pretty hot chili. I happed across some habanero's, never having experienced them I thought, "Why not?" After dicing three of them I decided to sautee them to cook a little of the heat out (ya know their hottness has become legendary so I thought I'd be careful as to not make the chili unedible). I think I flashed every last bit of the oils out of the diced peppers as they hit the skillet. The whole apt was filled with the smell and the fumes choked my room mate and I, out of the apt. We braved the saturated air to open all the windows and to turn on all the fans, we then went outside for a while leaving the door open. In a half hour it was very bearable, but the smell stayed for days. Pepper spray has got to be effective.
I thought about pressing the oils out of a few and extracting with ether or acetone. I think a pepper oil dampened smoke mixture would be worth a try, but I don't really want to be a test subject.

J
posted February 05, 2001 08:12 AM
Does anybody know the active ingredient in onions that makes eyes water? If this could be extracted easily, the uses are obvious.
This reminds me, the other day I cooked a particularly revolting meal. It was fried chicken, rice, and soy sauce, but I made the mistake of adding some Blue Dragon fish sauce. This is Anchovy extract with salt. When I poured this into the frying pan, most of it evaporated giving off a terrible smell. One of my housemates who was in the kitchen at the time actually had to leave because he couldn't stand it. I went on to eat the meal so as not to waste the chicken. Any more than 2 chicken breasts coated in this stuff would have made me vomit :-(

This has given me an idea. A small, slow burning pyrotechnic charge could be used to evaporate a bottle of this fish sauce, creating an unbarable smell. The container would have to be metal with the charge underneath, perhaps in a cardboard container. A whole bottle evaporated in an enclosed space would make life very unpleasant. Not much use as a weapon on its own, but a fairly simple and effective revenge technique. An easier method would be to leave it in a frying pan on a medium temperature if you had access to your targets kitchen.

BTW, it's incapacitation, not decapacitation.

J

------------------
"If the aquarium water has to be drunk don't waste the fish. In fact they'll probably be the easiest to eat even if you don't need the water. The cat is next in the pot." - John 'Lofty' Wiseman

[This message has been edited by J (edited February 05, 2001).]

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted February 05, 2001 09:08 AM
I don't know if this will help but anyways.
I work at a resteraunt. sometimes we are mean the guy on dishes. We would put cajuan spice through the fan and point it back there. or put oil(canola) in a pan and some cajuan, heat it up until it was almost ready to catch fire and then take it back there. We would put some water(H20) not a lot; It is almost unbarable.
Damn we are mean.

------------------
A wise man once said:
"... As He Waits For The Time When The Last Become First And,
The First Shall Become last"
--RATM

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

xyz
March 18th, 2003, 05:50 AM
IIRC, it is small amounts of H2SO4 in onions that make people's eyes water.

metafractal
March 18th, 2003, 07:04 AM
The alkaloid found in chillies that makes your mouth feel like its on fire is capsaicin. Its structure can be found <a href="http://faculty.adams.edu/~mbjones/IMAGES/capsaicin.jpg" target="_blank">here</a>. Extracting this may be possible, but to get it pure, you would probably need to synth it. Even the habaneros that The Real talks of only contain a tiny bit of Capsaicin! The hottest chillies in the world can approach levels of 7%, but all of what we layman consider hot chillies contain around 0.5% (take a look at this <a href="http://tejas.serc.iisc.ernet.in/~currsci/aug102000/scr974.pdf" target="_blank">pdf</a>). If one could synth large amounts of this substance, we have an immoblizing chemical weapon on our hands, designed by mother nature herself!

Machiavelli
March 18th, 2003, 03:43 PM
Could it be that you're trying to invent pepper spray? If so, you're off much cheaper with extracting capsaicin rather than synthesizing it.

Ezekiel Kane
March 20th, 2003, 02:12 PM
You can get cinnamon oil <a href="http://www.naturesoils.com/index.html" target="_blank">here</a> for under $70/pint. Any thoughts on practical application of this as a potential chemical warfare agent? Perhaps one who wanted to use it in such a manner would hook a source of the oil up to a portable/disposable heat generator and leave it in an air vent.

Al Koholic
March 20th, 2003, 05:19 PM
xyz, the chemical in the onion itself is not H2SO4. The onion contains (+)-S-propenyl-L-cysteine sulfoxide which is converted to Thiopropanol sulfoxide once the onion tissue has been damaged by cutting. This gets in your eyes and results in the production of sulfuric acid. Pretty neat!

xyz
March 25th, 2003, 06:08 AM
SO<sub>3</sub> should have a similar effect then.

vulture
March 25th, 2003, 09:12 AM
Yes, but only stronger. The problem with SO<sub>3</sub> is that it cannot be used as a chemical agent because it reacts explosively with water. That means it will violently react with air humidity to form sulfuric acid. Ofcourse, the tiny hot droplets of sulfuric acid in the air make quite a potent weapon too.