View Full Version : R.D.X -Archive File

megalomania
September 29th, 2002, 06:35 PM
InteL10010
A new voice
posted November 28, 2000 04:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did anyone make RDX from these:
>>acetic anhydride
>>ammonium nitrate
>>paraformaldehide
if yes plese tell me results???

Arthis
Frequent Poster
posted November 29, 2000 09:17 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes I once tried but I used 37% formaldehyde and 75 % acetic acid, but it didn't work. Though this recipe is on Mega's website, you have to use almost pure compound not to have water in the mix. I think you should use hexamine and nitric acid it is more reliable, and easier.

PHILOU Zrealone
Frequent Poster
posted November 29, 2000 09:38 AM
Really you think so, then you must have the greatest knowledge about the RDX processes or be a genious and unknown chemist that should get soon the Nobel price .... you FOOL aren't you! (Arthis)
------------------
"Life that deadly disease sexually transmitted".
"Chemistry is all what stinks and explode; Physic is all what never works! ;-p :-) :o )"

10fingers
Frequent Poster
posted November 29, 2000 11:23 AM
deleting post.
[This message has been edited by 10fingers (edited March 19, 2001).]

Arthis
Frequent Poster
posted November 29, 2000 01:30 PM
Yes, I like when someone who doesn't know me insult me for any reason. Too hard to say anything correctly, always need to start a flamme... And everybody tells newbies not to cry... Well, in good terms could you explain what is the problem ? I just tried mega's recipe, it didn't work, I wrote a question about it on this forum, had an answer and now I give my experience and say what I was told, because I'm not stupid and I listen to people better than me who nicely give me advices. If you have any problem just go see a psychanalist. Explain me why am I fool ? To have tried mega's recipe or to listen to advices I was given by guys like nbk2000 or like him, who know more than me, and certainly more than you too ? Sorry if you are shocked, keep cool, just sleep and you'll be alright. Ho, I'm sorry but I'm just a newbie and if YOU are going to have chemistry Nobel prize, let me know, I'll send you flowers...

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted November 29, 2000 02:19 PM
Are we going to have a "FLAME WAR"? Let me know so I have a day to prepare myself and equipment an then....
FLAME ON!!!!
------------------
A wise man once said:
"It is Better to Die on Your Feet; Than to Live on your Knees "
--Zappata

Agent Blak----OUT!!

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted November 29, 2000 02:23 PM
On a related not both processes sound like a pain in the ASS. Why not just Make PETN. I looked at Mega's site and it is looks to be much easier. Not a lot of exotic Chems. Simplpe Nitration is all it seems to be. Is white nitric and Standard(70%) the same?
------------------
A wise man once said:
"It is Better to Die on Your Feet; Than to Live on your Knees "
--Zappata

Agent Blak----OUT!!

InteL10010
A new voice
posted November 29, 2000 04:16 PM
For me it isn't a problem to find any chemical! I have a friend on university /chemistry/ and all I need is a good reason why I need some chemicals and it's too obvious to find out what i'm doing if I say I need Hexamine?
But can I use Formaldehyde instea of Paraformaldehyde? What is the difference?

PHILOU Zrealone
Frequent Poster
posted November 30, 2000 03:43 AM
I just meaned you were very sure about something without having tried it (just because someone told you so- and maybe that you have missed something to what he has said to you); how can you say that HNO3 conc + hexamine is an easier process than the HNO3 conc/NH4NO3 dry solid/ acetic anhydride (CH3-C=O-O-C=O-CH3)????
Especially if you have tried a process that can't work like the one you propose (here also I doubt Mega would make such a mistake to write the receipe you have foolowed in his site).HNO3 70% and formol (CH2=O in water at max 40%)+... will never work! But it is possible to make something out of it:
hexamethylenetetramine dinitrate that is stil a good explosive (better than AN!).
The idea is to make first the hexamine from formol and ammonia then to cristallise it (to diminish the water involved) then to make it react with HNO3 medium conc); cristallise the HM dinitrate (again to take the water away). Then you can use it like that as an explosive or continue further with your conc HNO3 process or the other process with conc HNO3, NH4NO3 and acetic anhydride!!!!
That process increases the yields and diminishes the amounts of HNO3 and ac. anhydride you must use... I do think it is what Mega had explained.
Let's hope you see the difference between this and your process.

Sincerely yours!
PS: you are not a fool OK, but for the hell read the archives or don't affirm things you have not yet tried several times!

------------------
"Chemistry is all what stinks and explode; Physic is all what never works! ;-p :-) :o )"

Arthis
Frequent Poster
posted November 30, 2000 12:39 PM
Sorry Philou, I checked the source of my method and it not Mega's site but another website. By the way is there any way to purify formaldéhyde, cause I have acetic anhydride and AN, but my formol is only 37%..

NagNag
A new voice
posted December 02, 2000 07:17 PM
Questions Questions...
1. How to make C-4 or Semtex from RDX (I heard about a mineral oil shit but I don't quite remember it)
2. Can I use 70% nitric acid to make RDX? And how much RDX I get using the 1st recipe in Mega's site?
3. How to purify nitric acid (70%-->98%+)
Thanks.

10fingers
Frequent Poster
posted December 03, 2000 12:39 AM
deleting post.

ALENGOSVIG1
posted December 03, 2000 01:28 AM
nag, i can help u with the first question.. Place 21 grams of finely powered polyisobutylene in a glass
container. To this is added 100 ml of unleaded gasoline (camp stove
gasoline). This is allowed to stand until the P.I.B dissolves completely.
To this liquid is added 53 grams of ethyl hexyl sebecate (Di-(2-ethylhexyl)
sebecate) and 16 grams of ten weight nondetergent motor oil. Allow 60 ml of
the gasoline to evaporate and then mix, by kneading with gloved hands, with
910 grams type B R.D.X.This is kneaded
until a uniform mixture is formed. It is then rolled out thin and allowed
to set for two hours. It is again kneaded for S minutes with gloved hands.
This rolling out and kneading process is repeated until the gasoline can no
longer be smelled. The final product will be plastic from -60 to 170
degrees F. It will be a dirty white to light grey in color and will have
the consistency of a stiff putty. P.E.T.N. could replace
i ripped this from a text on my comp kipe2

SafetyLast
Frequent Poster
posted December 04, 2000 05:09 PM
yeah I read about that in KIPE and i was wondering how someone would go about getting polyisobutylene from the linings on old tires and basketballs or if it could be substituted with another elastomer like polyethylene or polypropylene
another thing: what is ethyl hexyl sebecate and what is it used for/in?

10fingers
Frequent Poster
posted December 05, 2000 12:35 AM
Polyisobutylene is the ingredient in butyl rubber caulk.
[This message has been edited by 10fingers (edited December 05, 2000).]

Chainsaw
A new voice
posted December 07, 2000 08:10 PM
Where to get polyisobutylene, ethyl hexyl sebecate and ten weight nondetergent motor oil?

PHILOU Zrealone
Frequent Poster
posted December 11, 2000 08:00 AM
Arthis: you can try to evaporate the solution, you will lose some toxic CH2=O gaseous and very acrid smell, but you will get a white precipitate of polyformaldehyde
...-CH2-O-CH2-O-CH2-O... that can release CH2O upon heating (you can use it dry like that in your process!)
Just an idea passing by... what if we mix some H2O2 in excess to that precipitate or to formol to get maybe a polypeoxoformalehyde
...CH2-O-O-CH2-O-O-CH2-... the Oxygen balance and the power will be better but it will be much sensitive than AP! I should give it a try!
10fingers: No I don't see a safe way to recover the nitric acid, except maybe with some conc. ammonia... because then you will have a solution of AN and some residual CH2O and also some hexamine dinitrate! Cristallise out and recover one of the starting material(but it is not the HNO3)!
BTW don't heat too much that solution because it may go boom so just evaporate!

------------------

Detonator
Frequent Poster
posted December 12, 2000 03:47 AM
I tried to make Rdx from Acetic Anhydride+AN+para formalin
It didn't work!
Where did i get the para formalin= I heated the formalin untill i had something like butter, maybe this is worng.

You better to watchout the fumes are so bad if you inhale it or if touches your eyes!!!!

I filterd a portion of the liqued and i had some microscopec powder on the filter paper...

When i add portion of paraformaline (38g)I had about 8g that didn't react with mixture and it stayed there...

This is my notes...

10fingers
Frequent Poster
posted December 14, 2000 01:30 AM
deleting post.

sadsakjoel
Frequent Poster
posted January 25, 2001 02:38 AM
agent black, white nitric acid can be made by adding a few grams of urea to red nitric acid. The urea is available as a fertiliser. I got some off a farmer especially for white nitric acid
------------------
All there is to fear is your own co-ordination

shooter2
Frequent Poster
posted January 25, 2001 06:06 AM
Polyisobutalene= Bubble gum.

SafetyLast
Frequent Poster
posted January 25, 2001 05:45 PM
hmm I don't know if it is in bubble gum
I thought it was a polymer used in roofing and for lining certain things like the insides of basketballs tire tubes or is that something else?
go here for specifications on it <a href="http://www.fipc.ru/fipc/partnership/ram/y12.htm" target="_blank">http://www.fipc.ru/fipc/partnership/ram/y12.htm</a>
go here to read an article on how it can increase gas mileage and horsepower in <a href="http://www.eurekalert.org/releases/acs-pap080800.html" target="_blank">http://www.eurekalert.org/releases/acs-pap080800.html</a>
I was also reading somewhere about
Di-(2 Ethylhexy)Phthalate and how it can be used as a plasticizer

[This message has been edited by SafetyLast (edited January 25, 2001).]

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted January 26, 2001 12:15 AM
Red Nitric Acid Means It is Fuming...correct?
or do you not need fuming HNO3 to make White HNO3?