View Full Version : How Do I detonate? What are blasting caps? - Archive Thread

Anthony
March 5th, 2003, 05:46 PM
-A-
Frequent Poster
posted February 01, 2001 12:06 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi. There are lot's of info on how to make explosives, but I can't find any on how to detonate them. For example if I want to detonate RDX what should I do?. I also read something about blasting caps, but I am not from the US so I don't know what these are and probably don't have acces to them here. What are them?.

ALENGOSVIG1
posted February 01, 2001 02:17 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well, you take a bannana, mash it up, and fill a pipe and fuze it, then you have a kewl blazting Kap, yeah man.
Do a fucking search you dunmbass, there is info about making them at my site..im not going to give you the link cause i wanna see if you can figure it out

------------------
Explosives Archive

MasterMayhem
Frequent Poster
posted February 01, 2001 05:41 AM
I'll moonwalk up and down your ass if you don't shut the fuck up! God Damn kewlbombers...

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted February 01, 2001 06:09 AM
Okay, I feel like shit right now as I have a severe migrane, and the last thing I want to see when I go on the forum is some ignorant fuck who doesn't know shit. This may seem harsh, but it seems that you have come from TOTSE, and from your name "-A-" I'm assuming it stands for Anarchy, which is a major sign of a kewl bomber. You posted this in the High explosives section, it should be in low explosives.
You will find that many people on this forum will detest you, if you don't snap out of that kewl bomber shit now.

High explosives, in order to blow up well, have to be not only heated up, but must undertake a violent shock produced by a detonator. The violent shock from the detonator breaks the bonds in the atoms apart, releasing much energy - the explosion.
Explosives like AN (ammonium nitrate, NH4NO3) contain very high amounts of nitrogen, and nitrogen is a triple bonded atom, the bonds are very strong, so when they break apart, they release loads of energy. Certain detonators have different strengths, as Ammonium nitrate needs a #8 detonator, i think. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong with the above stuff.

[This message has been edited by blackadder (edited February 01, 2001).]

Microtek
Frequent Poster
posted February 01, 2001 06:50 AM
I agree that 'A's post sounds rather kewl, but maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Afterall, if he is unfamiliar with the english language, it is possible that he knows what a detonator is but doesn't connect it with blasting caps.
I know it took me a while to figure it out, and my english is quite good.

Morrigan
Frequent Poster
posted February 01, 2001 07:31 AM
Yes, but still it would be damn easy to figure out how H.E are being detonated en how a blasting cap works, even if he lives in China. Just start with an encyclopedia and work your way up I’d say.

frostfire
Frequent Poster
posted February 03, 2001 11:14 AM
well,
harsh comment might drive vandalism......
anyway, A....just browse through this forum and check every link under certain poster..
I would recommend NBK or ALENGOSVIG1...
Mind the hostility, we had a hard time differing a newbies and a kewlbies