View Full Version : easy det? - Archive file

zaibatsu
March 15th, 2003, 03:24 PM
sadsakjoel
Frequent Poster
posted December 21, 2000 12:50 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i was considering making a detonater out of some copper tubing the same diameter of a 12 gauge shell and half way along the tube put a primer inside

-------------------------- tube
|
|primer -------- fuse
|
--------------------------

then some black powder on the same side as where the fuse would go and on the other side of the seperator (primer) some double based SP? crimp the ends shut. the black powder might be enough to set of the lead styhpnate in the primer which could easily detonate the NG in the powder?

aussie_kid
A new voice
posted December 21, 2000 08:04 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
umm yeah...

Just make some AP

I dont think the blackpowder would initiate the primer.

I think that AP should be enough to detonate the NG in DB SP

BoB-
Frequent Poster
posted December 21, 2000 10:56 AM
Well, I doubt you'll actually detonate the NC/NG with a primer.

aussie_kid
A new voice
posted December 21, 2000 11:31 PM
Is it possible to detonate NC? Do you need really strong confinement and a good detonator?

Anthony
posted December 22, 2000 06:51 PM
A while ago I did ask what the purpose of NG in SP is and was told that it is supposed to detonate and give a little extra kick. SO according to that, the primer should be capable of detonating the NG, but the NC shouldn't or you'd have a suicide load!

sadsakjoel
Frequent Poster
posted December 23, 2000 06:12 AM
today i made some with some slow burning green meal powder and enough powder from about 7 shells (12 gauge), it worked pretty loud, but it wasn't on any explosives

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted January 02, 2001 09:55 AM
In reply to aussie kid: NC can easily detonate (the stuff with c. 13% Nitrogen). It was used *wet* in torpedoes until quite recently. When dry, fully nitrated cellulose can make the transition from deflagration to detonation all by itself. It is about 30% more powerful than TNT, and detontes at around 7300 m/s depending on density. It's only drawback that I can see is it can decompose during storage if not completely pure.

PHILOU Zrealone
Frequent Poster
posted January 09, 2001 10:44 AM
Lead styphnate (or trinitroresorcinate of Pb) can be initiated by flamme so black powder will do it nicely!
NC can detonate if confined; a flamme in it can then turn into a deflagrating wave that can finally turn into a detonation wave.
NC is wel primed by a detonating charge of lead styphnate.

------------------
"Life that deadly disease sexually transmitted".
"Chemistry is all what stinks and explode; Physic is all what never works! ;-p :-) :o )"