View Full Version : armor piercing

Ryan H
February 14th, 2003, 05:45 PM
my father is always telling me about techniques he used when he was in the millitary, but one in particular cought my attention..
He used to be an exlosives instructor specializing in c-4 he told my that he punched through 8-10 inches of tank steel useing c-4 and a wine bottle..this is how he described it..
Most wine bottles have a deep concave arch in the bottom, almost parabolic you could say. the neck of the bottle would be cut off about 9 inches from the bottom and packed with about eight inches worth of the explosive with a blasting cap centered at the top. when it is set off, it "burns" downward and around the arch, the force penetrates the arch from all angles concentrating it down to a fine piont on the surface on which it is sitting. the result is a hole.. duh. ..i have searched to see if there are any specifics on this design but i havent found anything, since they have artillery shells that can do the same thing now. has any one heard or tried anything like this? thanks..

Al Koholic
February 14th, 2003, 06:12 PM
so......shaped charge....
have we heard of them? I haven't...anyone else? What are they?

uh oh...post number 1 as well.

This should prove interesting.....

Machiavelli
February 14th, 2003, 07:06 PM
Holy fucking shit! People like you shouldn't even be allowed to be on the internet, please go home and run against the wall until it has knocked some sense into you!
Shaped charges, including this fucking wine bottle shit from the black books have been discussed on this forum for ages and if you had used your time on this forum wisely you would have noticed
-that we've already discused this topic on a far higher level than your pathetic little post
-that newbies who make a new topic for their first post can get into trouble
-that we tell people who come here claiming that their father "used to be an exlosives instructor specializing in c-4" are usually told to gather all their fucking C4, put it up their ass and ask their daddy to put in the blasting cap extra deep.

Get lost punk!

Btw, since you'll have some time for research now, try to read up a bit on shaped charges, it's really interesting.