View Full Version : Dog Shit Bin Explosion - Archive File

Anthony
March 17th, 2003, 08:29 PM
sadsakjoel
Frequent Poster
posted February 18, 2001 05:13 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been planning to dream about this for some time: Blow up one of those big green dog shit bins they have in parks and I thought about making enough ap putty to fill up 1/2 the tube that glad wrap (cling wrap) comes in. But for a bit more power add picric acid and some AN prills. Any suggestions on ammount of each and ratios to acetone etc. Also I will be using ping pong balls instead of DB powder as I don't have alot of money at the moment. Will this still detonate by flame (fuse/electric igniter? I am going to use a timer, ie. electric alarm clock with an igniter instead of the alarm speaker, But the igniter requires a 6 volt and the clovk only uses 1.5, if I solder connetions from a 6 volt onto the terminals where the aa battery oes in will it affect the clock (ie. blow resisters etc?) I will take photos of everything before and after and post them here. Thanks for any help
------------------
All there is to fear is your own co-ordination

Mick
Frequent Poster
posted February 18, 2001 08:28 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...can you use ping pong balls to make AP putty? wtf? i didn't know this...
like how do you do it? is it similar to making NC lacquer?

100ml of acetone for every pinpong ball, then let the balls "melt" in the acetone, then allow some of the acetone to evapourate so it becomes fairly thick sludge, then add the AP to the lacquer, and mould it to whatever shape, and allow it to dry...

am i even fairly close?..

as for a timer, this may sound fairly Kewl - but hey, its works..

get a manual kitchen timer, the sort that you wind up
then get a small screw, and screw it into the 0 on the dial(don't screw it in to far, or you'll damage it)
then run a piece of copper or brass(whatever) along the dial, so that when the dial tics down to zero, it makes contact with the screw

then, conect the negative wire to 4 AA bateries(paralel, or series..can't remember) then connect it to one side of the igniter
then connect a wire to the positive side of the batteries, and run it to the screw thats on zero, and then connect something between the piece of copper plate on the dial, to the other side of the igniter...

like i said, it sounds KewL - but its works when you've got nothing else...or maybe its not Kewl, and i came up with a good idea *shock! gasp! horror!*..nah prolly not =(

hope it helps, and can anyone give us some info about the AP putty(or gimme a site url with some info)

zaibatsu
Frequent Poster
posted February 18, 2001 09:38 AM
<a href="http://www.xinventions.com/main/pyro/explosive_putty.htm" target="_blank">http://www.xinventions.com/main/pyro/explosive_putty.htm</a>
------------------
Handguns don't kill people... Half as well as full-auto
Visit me at <a href="http://www.surf.to/eliteforum" target="_blank">www.surf.to/eliteforum</a>

Mick
Frequent Poster
posted February 18, 2001 01:46 PM
ahh...sweet, thanks fo that...

sadsakjoel
Frequent Poster
posted February 19, 2001 12:33 AM
everythings good, I figured out the clock, I will still use a aa battery for the clock and have the 6 volt connected aswell but negative around onto the timer, if that makes sense.

Stone
Frequent Poster
posted February 21, 2001 07:17 PM
All you have to do is have the timer output to a relay and have the 6V through the relay to the igniter. You just have to go to an electronics store and get a relay that will trigger with only 1.5V and a very low current.

Macgyver
April 5th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Why not go for some AN/NM and a HMTD cap to get it going?

Such a small thing like a Dogshit bin probably doesn't need more than a sodacan full of the stuff, maybe an half will do.

Couple of days ago I blew up a laptop computer that pissed me off too long. With about 20g of AN/NM and a HMTD cap.

You could hardly tell it once was a laptop computer after that :D

I_am_the_Black_one
April 27th, 2003, 01:59 AM
Was the laptop a APPLE?:D

Macgyver
April 28th, 2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by I_am_the_Black_one
Was the laptop a APPLE?:D

No, that'd be one BAD apple then. Actualla a Thinkpad 560 with no floppy, no cdrom, broken display.....

And now dispersed in molecules around the blastsite :D (Well, actually small shrapnel, the charge was pretty small).

hinz
September 21st, 2004, 05:37 PM
I have blown one up in Switzerland,we say them robidog , I used 400g of AP.
I filled it in a marmelade glass whitch was surrouded of nails and ignited with a candle. The box was tead in several pieces with a lot of holes in it (nails are very funny). Please don't use a candle, use a electrical detonator, it's safer, but we didn't have something like that.

SweNMFan
October 7th, 2004, 07:56 PM
I have blown one up in Switzerland,we say them robidog , I used 400g of AP.
I filled it in a marmelade glass whitch was surrouded of nails and ignited with a candle.

Are you suicidal or? 400g AP in a glass jar AND nails.. think that you using a candle was the least dangerous thing..

nbk2000
October 8th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Sounds like a prime candidate for a dog tag! :D