View Full Version : ANNT

Madog555
March 28th, 2002, 02:42 PM
i have used Rack-a-Rock, its 80% KClO3/20% Mononitrotoluene. it works realy good. for more info go to the chlorate plastique topic. or go into the uploads folder of the FTP and download my PDF on it.

well, i got the idea to use MNT as a sensitizer for AN.

i tried a 40g charge of ANNT, i used the same ratios used for Rack-A-Rock, i used 7ml of MNT. i used a 500mg PETN cap for initiation. the AN may have been a little damp sience it was a little clumpy. the results sucked, the explosion looked bigger than just the detonator but the crater is pitiful, there was some AN in it, and it was quiet. this had to be a partial detonation. :(

perhaps i will do it again, i will use a bigger det, and dry the AN. but i dont realy think i want to.

heres the pics <a href="http://ara.7h.com/ANNT.html" target="_blank">http://ara.7h.com/ANNT.html</a>

a_bab
March 28th, 2002, 03:01 PM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"> this had to be a partial detonation.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">This had to be a powerful blasting cap, and no detonation, I would say. ALWAYS dry AN before using it. If it was clumped, it's obviously that is wasn't dry !

Madog555
March 28th, 2002, 03:08 PM
a little had to have detonated, there was smoke and i couldn't find mutch ANNT on the ground, see the whit stuff in the crater? thats AN

a_bab
March 29th, 2002, 05:09 AM
No, since you used a powerful blasting cap, the "smoke" must be pulverised AN. And pulverised AN make mists (fog) like (some)concentrated acids, or any substance which will absorbe moisture from the air. If you ever grinded AN you know what I mean.

DBSP
March 29th, 2002, 05:47 AM
I've used AN from coldpacks straight away without drying it and I havent had any problems with it. I've used it for both ANNM and APAN. I've never found any AN left over from either APAN or ANNM.

The performance is probably a bit lower than with dry AN but it workes.

Madog555
March 29th, 2002, 08:21 AM
i had stored this in a big medicine bottle for a while. i had crushed it a while ago.

shooter3
March 29th, 2002, 07:38 PM
A week ago I set off a small bottle of PPM flash(about half the size of that bottle). It was buried two feet down(drove a pipe in the ground). On top of that I put a heavy wooden box and a 50 pound block of lead on top of the box. The hole it made was about 16 inches in diameter and about 3 feet deep. The box was blown apart and the block of lead was 5 feet away. If you had had a det. I think it would have made a hole at least as big as that hole. I would guess that there was not enough confinment to get to detonation. Try looking at this as anfo and use the same ratio. Bury it at least a foot down and stem well.

Madog555
March 29th, 2002, 07:56 PM
ok, i think it was because of moisture. PPM is powerful

i highly doubt that it is as stuborn as ANFO. i think i will try this again...