View Full Version : Earprotections for blasting

Helos
September 10th, 2002, 05:20 PM
I am wondering how important it is to protect your hearing under different circumstances of blasting.

When are my ears possible damaged? For example once I sat of 400g of ANNM and was 45 m away without ear protection, was it dangerous?(Ifelt no pain afterwards or even directly when the shockwave hit, what I can rembember)
An other time I hit a small ammount of AP with an hammer BANG, a high frequenzy ringing in my ears for some minutes, I hadnīt expected it to be that loud, here it is of course good to wear protections, but how dangerous was it?) Three times when I detonated a wery powerfull mix of Ap/mg/kcl04 (filmcanisters) from 15-25m away I really felt it in my ears, but it didnīt thurt afterwards, just when the soundwaves hit. How damaging was this, for example compared with the ANNM explosion I metioned.

I also want to know if you use to wear earprotections, and when you find it necessary. Is the common earplugs ok, or do I need something more sometimes( that sorts higher frequenzies out)?

I also hope that this is in the right section and that it is going to be a good topic.

randomquestion
September 10th, 2002, 05:36 PM
A search for "ear protection" found a thread entitled <a href="http://www.roguesci.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000016#000007" target="_blank">"Vision/Hearing precautions when detonating? "</a>. I am have not been here for an increadibaly long time but I think you should search before you post. It also seems fairly obvious that you should be wearing protection if you "really felt it". It doesn't seems like you have any permenant damage yet. Although ringing in your ears doesn't sound too good.

<small>[ September 10, 2002, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: randomquestion ]</small>

Machiavelli
September 10th, 2002, 06:35 PM
Not searching and just creating a new topic gets you your first warning. This means 3 things:
1. Please don't do it again
2. Please reread the rules, it might safe you from future troubles
3. There will be no second warning :D