View Full Version : California laws suck

Alchemist
September 23rd, 2002, 10:10 PM
Hello all,

well I thought I'd look on the net for a cheap/source for some Resorcinol to make Styphnic Acid. Well I did! It's called Resorcinol glue. It's put out by DAP under there "weldwood" products. It's a two part compound, one being Resorcinol in Ethanol and the other Para-formaldehyde (also good). So off I went to a big hardware store in my area. Well it turns out that it can't be sold in California, but can be in every other state! The gal that orders for this hardware store told me there are MANY chemicals like different solvents and etc. that she can not order for Calif., but can be in just about any other state. Sometimes as much as I like living in Calif. I also hate it. Pisssss'es me off! If someone would like to get some and let me know if it's worth it to try extracting the Resorcinol from the Ethanol, please post here. It is according to the web about $20 to $23. I have also seen on the net referances to the fact that other companies may sell it in powder form and you mix both with water. So if it works who wants to send me some? Happy shopping then!!!

Richy
October 4th, 2002, 07:28 AM
damn, that sucks hard. why exactly is California exempt from purchase of these chems?

Trinitrotoluene
October 14th, 2002, 12:42 AM
I know living in California suck.California have the toughest laws and punishments on pyrotechnics.And also some chemicals I can't even get thanks on California laws.Im trying to find Toluene in hardware stores but have no luck finding it.

Eliteforum
October 14th, 2002, 01:33 AM
I've got a feeling this topic will be shut very soon!

Alchemist, you could have made this topic under the one Mega made on where to get chemicals a little while ago. :rolleyes:

Alchemist
October 14th, 2002, 11:07 AM
It was posted before Mega's post on chemicals, but I think your right Eliteforum it's time to shut it down!