View Full Version : How is the "Book Club" idea coming along?

darkdontay
April 15th, 2003, 07:57 AM
It has been a little while since it was discussed last and I was wondering whats going on with it.

I was hoping to have been able to buy the Perp Manual on explosives this month, but my boss has been so nice I asked for my birthday off and so far has given me 32 days off and counting.

But I still have some little bit of money I would not mind getting with some members and getting this thing off the ground.

10x$5 =$50 about one really good book or about a regular book and then the price of shipping and such

hey even it in reverse works
5x$10= fifty... It willnot take that many to atleast get it off the gorund...

More will likely join when they see that furist can really bear from the venture.

Anywas just a thought.

zaibatsu
April 15th, 2003, 08:22 AM
How about you edit your post to give some info on the book? You might have posted it elsewhere, but people could have forgotten/recently joined and not read it. That way, you'd probably get the most feedback.

darkdontay
April 15th, 2003, 09:14 AM
Wow I just noticed I buggered up on typing the Header can it be changed by a MOD to read " How..."

http://www.cannonfuse.com/explosives/

"THE PREPARATORY MANUAL OF EXPLOSIVES" By Jared Ledgard
A LABORATORY MANUAL
SECOND EDITION (2002)

http://www.uvkchem.com/pic1.jpg

ISBN NO. 0-9727863-0-9
A PARANOID PUBLICATIONS BOOK

"The Preparatory Manual of Explosives is the ultimate guide into the chemical world of explosives. The book is over 300 pages, and discusses 121 primary and secondary explosives in great detail. The book includes a complete guide to the preparation of the explosives, utilizing laboratory techniques and procedures, and every procedure includes the materials, conditions, and safety practices used in the preparations. Many of the listings come with different methods of preparation, and only the best and safest methods of preparation are given. The Preparatory Manual of Explosives is a professionally written laboratory manual. To fully teach the reader about the science of explosives, the manual has been divided into 3 sections. Section 1, is a tutorial guide discussing basic laboratory techniques and procedures such as filtration, extraction, recrystallization, distillations, and heating and cooling techniques; section 2, is a reference guide discussing the reagents, intermediates, and solvents used in the preparation of explosives; and section 3, being over 200 pages, is the main section, and deals with the laboratory preparation of the explosives in great detail. Each section also includes detailed laboratory apparatus illustrations and the like. Along with laboratory procedures for the preparation of explosives, comes detailed laboratory processes for the preparation of corresponding explosives compositions used in commercial and military operations. Such examples are: Comp B, C4, PBX, ANFO, military smokeless powders, high performance rocket propellants, priming mixtures, and much, much, more. The Preparatory Manual of Explosives is a remarkable, and original book on the magnificent world of explosives sciences. This book was written specifically for researchers, and inventors, but is well suitable for anyone with a desire to know."

The book has been diuscussed before but here it is for others to look about it

megalomania
April 15th, 2003, 11:35 PM
A quick note, darkdontay, with this software everyone now has the option to change the title of the thread within 5 minutes after posting. One can also make changes within this time frame without an "edited by" tag appearing. I think I will change this to 10 minutes...