View Full Version : Prosh

Flake2m
April 16th, 2003, 11:11 AM
PROSH was released today.
For those of you that dont live in WA. PROSH is a satire paper created and sold by students of UWA. All the money reaised goes to charirty. It is worth buying the paper simply because it is so bloody funny.

I will quote a page from the "Pyro Kids" section. since it is the most relevent. This is the into section.

Hey Kids!
In this issue of Pyro Kids, we talk school holidays. When school's out for Easter, we here at Pyro Kid's know you can get pretty bored. But since there's nothing constructive to do in Perth, and God knows the government aren't going to provide anything for you to do, the only thing left is having fun the way cavemen did, by burning things!

It's in the spirit of the season too, God was always setting things on fire- just look at the burning bush! There's so many things you can burn in your local area: churches, RSL's, war monuments (if they're made out of wood), crosses which have been conviently planted before time in people's front yards, and last but not least, dont forget your pets!

But when your done incinerating the nieghborhood, and the holidays are almost over, what can you do? You dont want to go back to school, do you? Wouldn't it be sad if your school was on holiday... forever? I'd think about placing a 20kg package of incendiaries in the art department, if I was you. You know? Where the big drum of solvents are kept?

I'd listen to those voices inside your head.
They're much smarter than you Mummy and Daddy

I this fun packed issue, we'll review the heart-warming children's tale The Unabomber Manifesto, among others, we'll annouce the winner of our Redheads Pyro-Kids Competition!, and we'll show you how to make a handy incendiary that burns at over 5000C; just the thing for getting all the imprisioned members of your militia out of the slammer!

That was the intro. I will post more tomorrow. PROSH also ripped the war on Iraq, Mariah Carey, Nassar Hussien, the Iraqi imformation minister, George W Bush and other stuff.

chemwarrior
April 16th, 2003, 11:28 AM
LOL, Youve got to be kidding me.... Thats almost too hilarious to be true.

Anthony
April 16th, 2003, 06:18 PM
I may be isolating myself here, but I didn't find that particularly funny. Maybe the bit about the voices and busting your miliita out of the nick. But that's it.

IMO it's intended to appeal to the lowest common denominator, i.e. kewls. Setting fire to your school, churches etc is obviously stupid. But the article fails to make a dispicable act funny. Like jokes about eating babies etc...

It's obviously dumb if taken at face value. But it's also not satirical, at least not at any level I would expect from something that calls itself satire, e.g. satirewire, brainstrust etc

But each to their own:cool:

Einsteinium
April 16th, 2003, 08:24 PM
Is that supposed to be funny? I didn't find that funny at all... It reminds of rather non-productive discussion I used to have while being a drunk teenager... :rolleyes: BTW, I wouldn't try anything in this paper that's supposed to blow >5000C, as rocks does melt at this temp... maybe that's the satirical part of the thingie.

Flake2m
April 16th, 2003, 09:31 PM
Like I said, I will be posting more of it.
PROSH is aimed at people over the age of 16. Most of the people that read this paper also have atleast half a brain.
If I had a scanner I would scan the paper page by page.

I can post some PROSH from another section if you want but some of the arcticles are quite long.

As for the Pyro Kids section, I will post "Ask Uncle Tim McVeigh" next.

darkdontay
April 16th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Crap I just figured out you are talking about Western Austrialia and not Washington state, I thought you meant University of Washington... And I was sitting here trying to figure out about getting a subscription since I live in WA[state] .. Ho Hum... :(

chemwarrior
April 17th, 2003, 01:09 AM
Just for everyone to know, I found that funny because of its being written by students who likely have no clue what they are talking about, nor do they realize that some kids are likely going to try those things. THATS whyat I found hilarious.

Woops, I just realized the same thing Darkdontay. I had been hoping to get a subscription to it myself, then reproducing it and adding things that would actually work, THEN reprinting it and droping copies here and there. If there are going to be copies of it around, the things in it SHOULD work, and not kill the person. (Unless s/he is a kewl in which case it wont make a difference if it works or not since they wont bother followind instructions.)