View Full Version : Military Grade Napalm

narf
April 28th, 2003, 11:29 PM
Does anyone know or know where I can find the formula for napalm that the US military used in Vietnam? I’ve searched all over the net for years and have not figured out what is in napalm. All I can find is the crappy foam/soap and gas formula. I’ve heard many things like palm oil and benzene being in it but that was just from word of mouth …I have no real proof.

zaibatsu
April 29th, 2003, 12:16 AM
arggh you dumb POS, if this had been anywhere else I would have personally made sure you were banned for life. Been searching for years eh? Well, you could just have clicked the search button either at the top or bottom of the window and type in Napalm. That brought up plenty of threads regarding the actual comp.

LEARN TO FUCKING SEARCH - if you do things like this in the real sections you would be outta here.

Why we can't have mandatory banning for people posting without searching I'll never know...

Aaron-V2.0
April 29th, 2003, 02:42 AM
The only info I ever heard on it was 50% Polystyrene 25% Gasoline and 25% Benzene.

zeocrash
April 29th, 2003, 01:24 PM
napalm is listed in my chemical dictionary as a mixture of napthatic and palmic acids used to gelainise petrol
i've heard that acetone also gelatinises petrol, but i'm not sure about whether this change affects the flamability
the best way to find out is to try it yourself. so go out experiment and if you find anything useful, post it.
also, remember to use the search button next time

Anthony
April 29th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Gah, even http://www.dictionary.com gives the constituents of NAPALM!

narf
April 29th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Ah yes I expected such a helpful and intelligent response from such a friendly community. I am looking for the ratios of the ingredients and such and some good info on it. I have done a search and still found nothing useful....nothing but guesses of what it is. I figured that some people here would flip out for just about any question but I figured I would give it a try. Thanks anyhow but still don't have the info I am looking for. I'll take my search elsewhere.....feel free to ban me because I have no real need to come back...there is no help here. But thank you for those who tried to help me out.

nbk2000
April 30th, 2003, 03:13 AM
Perhaps the reason for the general contempt with which the members here seem to hold you in, lies not with any arrogance on our part, but rather a serious lack of due diligance on your part.

You say you've searched the 'net for "years". I seriously doubt that.

Even if it was true, it's either through an incredible lack of skill in the use of search engines (and accompying inability to learn), or an inability to actually trudge your fat butt down to an honest-to-God physical paper library, that you've failed to find the composition of modern napalm.

I know you didn't even know that the actual name of the modern military thickened gasoline incendiary is "Napalm B".

Perhaps, instead of your <sarcasm>scathing wittism</sarcasm>, you would have been better off reading some of the above posts, one of which gives you the actual composition of Napalm B, but which your foolish arrogance in believing that you are our equal blinded you to.

Since we executed our last nanny for having done such a miserable job in raising the Traitor and Madfag, we've no one left to spoon feed drooling simpltons (like you) the basics, so I'm afraid you're S.O.L. in that department.

So go sit back in the corner, where all little dunces belong, because you no longer have any place here. The small bus will be by to pick you up shortly and take you to that "special" place that "special" people like you go to. ;) :D

[quote]
Why we can't have mandatory banning for people posting without searching I'll never know...
[quote]

This is just an experiment, to show those who thought the old rules were too harsh, just how neccessary the merciless purging of mental untermensch like this fool is to the continued well being of the Forum.

<Pinky>
Naaaarrrrff......Poit!
</Pinky>

:p

zeocrash
April 30th, 2003, 12:43 PM
narf why not try out different ratios snd mixtyres of ingredients yourself. you cant expect us to do everything you require.
so get your ingredients, mix them together. then evaluate its flamability and viscosity, and see if you can get a better mix

frogfot
April 30th, 2003, 02:50 PM
His questions have been already answered, but i have to post my feelings about his last post too...

narf, you lazy little bastard, now you have even pissed off me!!! Dammit, one year search?
I tryed to search too, and THE first page i found was the page that had all info that
you need.
http://tchester.org/fb/issues/napalm.html
Read it through all, theres some history too.. but i bet you wouldnt.. Heres some cuts
from that page, just to get you interested:
"..."Napalm" is actually now a general term for jellied gasoline..."
"...the Fallbrook napalm is a mixture of 46 parts polystyrene, 33 parts gasoline and 21
parts benzene..."
Page tells also that Fallbrook napalm (Napalm-B, as NBK said) have big addvantages above the original naphthene/palmitate napalm. And besides, im 100% sure you will never get hold of those two acids... Anyway, ratios of those two acids and gasoline could be found experimentally,
depending on what consistency you want it to be, its just like cooking. :)

knowledgehungry
April 30th, 2003, 04:43 PM
<Pinky>
Naaaarrrrff......Poit!
</Pinky>
So NBK you have watched pinky and the brain i see. I loved that show, it was a lot smarter than most of the "grownup" shows. Brain inspires me.

narf
April 30th, 2003, 10:12 PM
HEY! thanks for this site http://tchester.org/fb/issues/napalm.html

That's close to what i've been loooking for. Yes i have been searching the net for years her and there looking for some good info on ths militarty napalm. no i didn't devote my life to lookign for it but i was wandering if [people here happened to have a site that was good. And i'm more of the info seeker i don't really make much of anything besides a few fireworks and rockets and blackpowderi've been doign that for about 8 years. I just like to get info and read up on things. Thanks for the info even though it took alot of anger to get there :-p and as far as i know no one is "better" than anyone else. unless u mean for knowledge of things such as napalm then in this case that is why i came here because i thought that someone my lend a hand. Seems like people here liike to first put others down and then give an answer. you say about how much my question wasted ur time but u can save time by not responding with a bunch of cray coments. But thanks for the info....i'll be on my way now. Have a great day!

xyz
April 30th, 2003, 10:27 PM
http://www.napalm.net :p :rolleyes: ;)