View Full Version : Largest Detonation

Cyclonite
May 3rd, 2003, 09:25 PM
Im just curious as to the largest detonation forum members have achived.
Personaly I am lucky enough to have had the military to thank for the oppertunity to do a 1000LB shot of various Ordnance with a MK84 2000LB bomb primed at the bottom. The Shockwave from that felt great 1 mile away.:D :D :D

When I get out of this shitty country and back to Germany ill post some pics of it.

xyz
May 3rd, 2003, 11:27 PM
1Kg of cap sensitive ANFO deep in the forest. I would like set off a 20Kg ANFO charge but I don't have a suitable place to do so (it's kind of loud you know :)) .

EP
May 3rd, 2003, 11:32 PM
Which of the many methods did you use to make your ANFO cap sensitive?

My biggest is here:
http://krimzonpyro.com/ep/mediadir/5lbmekpan.html

and another video here:
http://krimzonpyro.com/ep/mediadir/anmekp.wmv

The sound in the first video is accurate, the sound in the one directly above is totally off. I was surprised at how sharp it was but I guess that's from the 600mL of MEKP.

xyz
May 4th, 2003, 03:58 AM
I powdered the AN to the consistency of flour using an electric coffee grinder, it needs a large (3g) cap though. It works sometimes with a 1g cap but you usually get incomplete detonations with a 1g cap.

zeocrash
May 4th, 2003, 07:01 AM
the biggest detonation in forum records i believe was done by spydamonkey. (the post is in the HE sections somewhere)
IIRC it was 10kg of ANFO, with a 1kg APAN booster. the pictures and vids on the ftp are quite impressive.

metafractal
May 4th, 2003, 07:45 AM
Wasn't there some member talking about demloshing an old stone building or something with a 100kg ANFO charge? Anyone know what ever came of this?

kingspaz
May 4th, 2003, 08:16 AM
there was another guy who beat spydamonkey though. he detonated 50lb of ANFO. think it may have been shockwave but i can't really remember. the video is in quicktime format on the ftp.

a_bab
May 4th, 2003, 08:34 AM
What is it called ?

My personal record is 2 kg ANFO+400 grams ANNM booster (far too much but I wanted to get rid of it). A friend of mine was supposed to shot it but the fucker failed due to nervous tension so I only have the crater pictures.:mad:

Cyclonite
May 4th, 2003, 06:48 PM
I am going to try to get some nice pics of destroyed buildings and results of explosions on the way up to Iraq (possibly a body) If anyones interested ill post them.

darkdontay
May 4th, 2003, 11:54 PM
Sounds like either a Kewl or Cop style question..
I would watch what of our Dreams we share.. Ah hell screw it :P

Cyclonite
May 5th, 2003, 01:28 AM
Kewl or cop style, hows that? If thats what you wish to think. I dont see how it could be constrewed as either... I can think of few things in life better than a good ol high order detonation. I like to share my experiances with others. Theres nothing incriminating in sharing vauge experiances with eachother

THErAPIST
May 5th, 2003, 02:50 AM
First off one must realize that my neighborhood starts about 60 meters from my blasting site (the nearest house is about 70 meters away)... With that said, 200g PA under 2 feet of water with a 3g HMTD cap. Great fun but I dun think I'll be doin anything that big again... Until the fourth of July anyways :D

ALENGOSVIG1
May 5th, 2003, 03:26 AM
It was Kinepak who detonated 50 lb of ANFO.

kingspaz
May 5th, 2003, 05:51 PM
cyclonite, would be nice to see some pics.

thanks alen, the video is a great download though. i love watching it!

mizzu
October 2nd, 2006, 08:06 PM
Years ago, I had accumulated about 100 lbs total of german black powdered aluminum, potassium perchlorate and molybdium di-sulfide. I needed to get rid of it due to me worrying about it lighting off on its own. Long story short loaded it into 2.5" X 4' sections of galvanized pipe with crushed bulb detonators and lowered them into a mostly empty underground gasoline storage tank at a very remote abandoned filling station in west texas. Layed out about 100yards of wire and a fellow pyro & I hid behind rock wall and lit it off with auto ignition. I still remember what seemed like a slow/fast motion shockwave & fireball not to mention some pretty scary fall-out. I have often pondered the math of that mixture considering appx 100gal of residual gasoline and vapors.