View Full Version : Naphtha (liquid), AN, AL, Sodium Hypochlorate - Archive File

megalomania
May 10th, 2003, 12:03 AM
Bubba
Frequent Poster
posted March 02, 2001 10:43 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was looking through a Ragnar Benson book (Better cheaper Homeade C4) and came across the recipe for: Naphtha (liquid), AN, powdered Al, calcium hypochlorite (pool treatment chem) and it says its about 40% of TNT. Anyone else seen/tried this? Just looked interesting since like HMTD and AP it is just easily obtainable off the shelf type stuff.

(Please excuse the spelling of the chemicals in the title, I edited the msg to show the correct spelling.)

[This message has been edited by Bubba (edited March 02, 2001).]

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted March 02, 2001 05:44 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bubba Would you be willing to scan in that book?

------------------
A wise man once said:
"...I Am Not Much of a Dancer But,
Just Wait Till The Fucking Begins"

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

Bubba
Frequent Poster
posted March 02, 2001 05:49 PM
AB: Not a problem. It'd be about 94meg though. Unless you just want that one chapter. The whole book is called: " New and Improved C4: Beter than ever Recipes for 1/2 the money and Double the fun by Ragnar benson"
I just need a ftp to post it on. I can upload at T1 speed BUT I cant host a ftp cuz I am behind a firewall with 14 rotating IP address's. Really bites!

HMTD Factory
Frequent Poster
posted March 02, 2001 10:11 PM
I've seen it, in a movie.
In "Terminator", they called it "plastic explosive" but that's not right.

And I recall they used solid mothball as the fuel (naphthalene).

[This message has been edited by HMTD Factory (edited March 02, 2001).]

ALENGOSVIG1
posted March 02, 2001 11:19 PM
You have the information all wrong. You add aluminum and your in big trouble. And it says it is equivilant to slightly less than 40% dynamite.
I have already scanned the book and i might put it up in the library. mabe that is. BTW, the whole book is about 4 megs scanned. Look in the thread under "Calcium Hypochlorite Naptha". I have posted results of tests of this explosive in the thread. Mabe do some research fist and dont post incorrect information. The info is right in front of you if you have the book. Go through the trouble of thouroughly looking through the formula before you post Incorrect information and kill someone. In the title of the threas you even put "sodium hypochlorite". Im tempted to lock this thread, but then you have people whining and complaining.

------------------
technology is a wonderful servant, but a bitch of a master.

Explosives Archive

Bubba
Frequent Poster
posted March 04, 2001 09:25 PM
Sorry, was gonna redo it when I got home. I didn't post any specifics or pro-portions so I didn't figure anyone would be crazy enough to try to make anything without even any directions.
I believe anyone is allowed a mistake or two.

"In the title of the threas you even put "sodium hypochlorite"

As for that if you looked 12hrs BEFORE you posted your msg I had already edited my msg saying it was spelled wrong.

Again, sorry.