View Full Version : Flash bombs - Archive File

megalomania
May 18th, 2003, 03:46 PM
WhiteNinja
posted 04-04-2001 11:30 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi folks,
I searched the web but never found any document dealing with flash bombs (When I talk about flashbombs, I talk about those thing that when exploding makes a lot of light and temporarly blind eyes).
- Is it possible?
- If yes, how to do it?

Thanks in advance,
WhiteNinja

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 04-05-2001 12:32 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See the smoke bomb post I discus impact ones.
BTW where are you from? US, Canada, Europe.

------------------
A wise man once said:
"...There Will Be No
Stand Off At High Noon
... Shoot'em In The Back
And, Shoot'em In The Dark"

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

WhiteNinja
posted 04-05-2001 07:09 AM
Québec, Canada
That's why my english is so bad...
WhiteNinja

sealsix6
Frequent Poster
posted 04-05-2001 05:43 PM
I have a book dealing with just that...
"Props needed 1- 3/4" chrome steel ball
1 box of toy roll caps
1 encelope of sheet flash paper
1 bottle of white or silver flash powder
Take a 3/4" ball and scratch up its surface with sandpaper. This gives the bal a better gripping surface when wrapping the caps. Next unroll a roll of caps all around the ball making sevral turns so the ball is completley coverd.Roll the caps tightly around the ball with the cap-heads facing outward. Use about 1/@ a roll and tape the end with a small pice of scotch rtape. The caps are a small for of contact explocive and this is what causes the ignition on sudden impact, Next roll the ball in the center of a 4"x4" sheet of flash paper forming a tube. Tape the center wih a small piece of tape. Now take the tube assembly and add a 1/2 teaspoonful of white flash powder into each end of the tube. Do this sepratley folding and tapin the ends securley or simply twisting the ends closed. The user must be carful when working with the finished product as it could explode in his hands if he presses too hard. Use extreme care after the powder is added."
That is a small quote from Special Effects with Fire & Smoke a technical manual
I figure i got ripped off for the book so I mine as well make some of the info public.

Crux
Frequent Poster
posted 04-05-2001 08:32 PM
Does anyone know of those ball that are bout an inch wide and you through them on the ground and they make a pop sound?
i don't know what there made of but maybe they could be used somehow to ignight a flash powder

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 04-05-2001 08:42 PM
don't know what it is but the popping sound i believe is detonation. maybe a little hard to ignite a flas composition with it.
------------------
...Æ

SATANIC
Frequent Poster
posted 04-05-2001 09:35 PM
They are small cement / concrete balls coated in a KClO4 (Pottasium Chlorate ) based powder, that does detonate on impact. There is a manual on torpedoes that covers it in .pdf (how to make them ) somewhere.

FadeToBlackened
Frequent Poster
posted 04-05-2001 09:50 PM
KClO4 is Potassium PERChlorate.. not chlorate.. lest it be a typo

Demolition
Frequent Poster
posted 04-06-2001 08:52 AM
I was just wondering how many people saw 'THE MOLE'(Australian TV Show)a few weeks back.A few contestants had to protect a house from a terrorist attack.The Terrorists(really part of the Anti-Terrorism Unit)used timed Thunderflashs as a diversion so they could enter the house.These things were Awesome!A massive Boom and a Huge tower of bright light(hence the name 'Thunderflashs').I was just wondering if anyone knows how to make them?They would be extremely fun to play with.
Demolition

Anthony
posted 04-06-2001 02:12 PM
Probably just a flash powder firecrackerwith an excess of Al or more likely Mg.

Dracul
Frequent Poster
posted 04-07-2001 02:33 AM
These weren't firecrackers, they were pretty big. Some kind of professional pyrotechnic device.
------------------
"By the power of Grayskull, I HAVE THE POWER!" He-man

Check this out www.stileproject.com

Maddoc
posted 04-07-2001 03:25 PM
Now listen White Ninja and listen good...
If you look in other forums, every thread you've made has been deleted...

You already have complaints about you in the staff forum... and pretty much all the moderators are pissed with you.

Dont give us bullshit that you havnt found any info on flashbangs... have you download NBK2Ks file from Angelos site? Have you looked at anyones site yet?

If you continue your "I'm a leech, i cant be assed to search for my info, please tell me how to make xxx and do xxx"... you will be deleted... if Mega hasnt already decided to delete you.

It takes me 3 clicks of my mouse to delete you and every post you've made...

H.E.D.

So download NBK2Ks file, learn a bit, then come back here and make a few decent posts.

----
GOT VIOLENCE?

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted 04-07-2001 05:56 PM
Maddoc, he came from wierdpier's forum.
I've seen him there, it looks like he is just beginning to change from a kewl to a real pyro.

WhiteNinja
posted 04-07-2001 07:21 PM
I'm really sorry Maddoc, I didn't want to offense anyone... I'm really knew to this and I naturally speak french so sometimes I may need a lil bit more attention to understand the things clearly. Explosives aren't a game and I want to know every lil bit of information that is available so I don't explose myself... I'm really sorry, I didn't know I was pissing you guys off, I will try to be better in my next posts... Do as you wish, if you think I don't deserve being here, just click 3 times and you won't hear of me again...
Sorry,
WhiteNinja

(P.S.: No, I don't have NBK2K's doc, Angelo's website's crashed and yes, I went to almost all the websites in the suggestion forum under the 'Member's website' thread...)

[This message has been edited by WhiteNinja (edited April 07, 2001).]

ALENGOSVIG1
posted 04-08-2001 02:11 AM
Well, I dont think you have the supplies for this, but here is a composition that makes a pretty good flash.
SUPERBRIGHT MAGG/55

Potassium Perchlorate - 60
Aluminum, German Black - 15
Aluminum, Bright Flake - 5
Magnesium 400 mesh - 10
Magnesium 200 mesh - 10
Wood meal - 2
Potassium Dichromate - 1

It is also recommended that 2 parts Cab-O-Sil is added. I dont think you have any idea what im talking about but this information may be usefull for you later or for other members. You can order all of those supplies from http://www.iowapyrosupply.com

You could always use nitrate/aluminum or nitrate/magnesium but they become dangerous when wet.

------------------
technology is a wonderful servant, but a bitch of a master.

[This message has been edited by ALENGOSVIG1 (edited April 08, 2001).]

Bitter
Frequent Poster
posted 04-08-2001 05:46 AM
I made a flash powder similar to that once angelo. I wasn't expecting the flash to be quite as bright as the one I saw, but I could'nt see properly for about 20 mins after looking at it.
It's alot brighter than burning magnesium ribbon.

Pyro
Frequent Poster
posted 04-08-2001 03:43 PM
Aren't the only use for mag. ribbons thermite?Anyways,whiteninja, this project which i hope you won't embark on is pretty dangerous. You come from a forum which has nothing but dis-information and lies(if you were at wierdpier's that is).You should try to start off with something alittle simpler.