View Full Version : Urban Exploration

mrloud
May 22nd, 2003, 11:17 AM
Since most people here are subtly (or not so subtly) different from "normal" it's a good bet that some of you have been involved in some sort of exploration.
I realise most people explored the local storm water drain as a kid, but what about taking it a step beyond that. In particular, to the extent of joining up with the people from www.infiltration.org or www.caveclan.org (in Oz).

I try to get out and explore something once or twice a week.

Here are some pics SWIM took the other day.
http://203.2.75.213/filetransfer2/page_01.htm

Crow
May 22nd, 2003, 03:03 PM
Those links have been posted here before. I Do like to explore, but there is not much around here. There is a storm drain and an abandoned steal mill, but thats it. I have thoroughly explored all that they contain, and the surroundings. I did find a brand new bike down there, that was good. :)

nbk2000
May 22nd, 2003, 05:32 PM
Looks like a level out of QuakeII. :D

PAINTBALL!

Sparky
May 22nd, 2003, 11:52 PM
You bet right, I belong to an urban exploration group. We even have a name - "West Village" I said it sounds like a daycare center but nobody listened to me ;) . We have a website too at http://pyropage.cyberarmy.ca/WestVillage/FirstMission.html but the pictures aren't nearly as cool as the ones SWIM (Someone who isn't mrloud) took. So far I've only gone with them to an abandoned restaraunt and I'm the only one with a digital camera hence the pictures are only from that trip. I really like urban exploring and in my city there is lots of places to explore, so I plan to do more.

Haggis
May 23rd, 2003, 01:35 AM
Here is a short fiction story I would like to share with you:

I also enjoy the 'draining'. In fact, my worst police experience came due to one of my excursions. I went into a tunnel which goes in the ground 3 foot wide, then turns into a 5 foot tall, 6 foot wide 3/4 mile marathon and empties out in the airport...on the other side of the razor wire. Well, I parked the car and checked around, no headlights or people coming, so I ducked inside. I was in there a while and decided to lift a thin manhole to see out...all I saw were flashing lights all around. I didn't know what to think other than, "I can't run, they're around my car." So I shimmy down this pipe that goes into the main line and I see two flashlights coming down the pipe while the cops scream at me, their cries incoherant due to echoing. I walked down the tunnel towards them (about half mile) and met up with two Glock's. I was drug from the sewer and when I surfaced There was the sherrif, an SUV piggie and 4 cruisers. The reason for this response was that the guy that saw me through his window got his place robbed. The robbers ran down tunnel and escaped. When he saw me..."The sewer felons are back" I was searched througholy and it's a good thing I had nothing incriminating on me at the time. I tell you, they were some stupid damn cops to come into the darkness after me. It would have been so easy for me to have popped them and escaped into more tunnels to freedom. All I got was a verbal warning for trespassing.

A-BOMB
May 23rd, 2003, 09:24 AM
I too like to "explore" areas but I'll take anything useful thats not bolted down, well even then somethings. I found this old tunnel/mine(well maybe) onetime in the side of a hill. It had a brick entrance and was brick as fars as I went in but I didn't see any light at the end, so I was every puzzled I've never seen a mine with brick in it but never a tunnel that I couldn't see light at the end. The one time while I was in sewicley going to a old freinds house we found they HUGE under ground brick citrens they were fucking HUGE the hole area on the ground what covered in old pipes and tanks one of my freinds almost fell into one while we where walking, we kept on walking and we found about a dozen more with huge pieces of flag stone over the tops as lids the place was weird, we could not figure out what the place was it was out in the middle of nowhere. Some of the tanks were full of nasty looking water and some sand others where empty, but some of the ones that had water had a film of oil ontop. Sorry of my rambelings, got a gould.