View Full Version : Making TNP by using battery acid

cantlive4tomorrow
May 29th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Now I'm planning to make some TNP by KNO3/H2SO4 method.I usually get H2SO4 by boiling car battery acid. But the electrode is made of lead.So, I'm afraid if it creates lead picrate.Do you guys think making TNP by using battery acid dangerous or not? :confused: How do you get your H2SO4?

BrAiNFeVeR
May 29th, 2002, 05:07 PM
You should have read the rules !!

Don't post topic on first post, and a search (or even a click on the HE section) would have revealed a thread about TNP/PA where you could have posted your question.

Too bad you're gonna get HED, because you sound like a rather smart person ...

kingspaz
May 29th, 2002, 06:07 PM
maybe he won't get HED....
i think they are allowd one warning then its HED. so here it is....

THIS IS YOUR OFFICIAL WARNING SLIP UP AGAIN AND BE BANNED FOR LIFE!

no, i think this is an interesting question. i'd say, if you pass the acid through a fine filter before boiling it down it should be free from lead contaminents so long as the battery is fully charged then it shouldn't contain many lead ions either. but i could be wrong...

Madog555
May 29th, 2002, 06:26 PM
please dont ban him. it isnt needed.

[Thats a descision for the staff, not you. ALENGOSVIG1]

<small>[ May 29, 2002, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: ALENGOSVIG1 ]</small>

cantlive4tomorrow
May 29th, 2002, 07:33 PM
Well,I will filter out H2SO4 with glass cloth or some.Thanks guys.
Also,now I'm planning to making H2SO4 from Ammonium sulfate by the following method.
1)Heat (NH4)2SO4 over 357c --->(NH4)2SO4&NH4HSO4&NH3
2)Heat NH4HSO4 under vacuum condition--->(NH4)2S2O7+H2O
3)Heat (NH4)2S2O7--->(NH4)2SO4+SO3
4)SO3 + H20--->H2SO4
Unfortunatelly, At this time,I don't have any vacuum equipment.In the near future,I will buy vacuum pump and try out the following process.See you!

kingspaz
May 29th, 2002, 07:35 PM
madog, the rules must be enforced. he seems bright so will learn from his msitake and not slip up again. it may be harsh but this way we don't end up with k3\/\/\/lz over running the place.

Madog555
May 29th, 2002, 07:58 PM
kingspaz, thats exactly the reason i said not to ban him.

ALEN, i am sorry. i only intended that to be a sugestion

nbk2000
May 30th, 2002, 02:32 AM
The question has already been discussed in other topics related to PA/TNP. As such,there's no need for a seperate topic about it since we have a PA article several hundred replies long to put this sort of question in.

Other than the "No first post being a new topic" violation, he did OK. A somewhat intelligent question in the proper place in english we can understand and typing we can read.

But you do need to search first. That'd have brought up the existing topics that answer this question.

Usually I delete people for violations like this, but since I got my dick sucked earlier today, I'm still in a good mood, so I'll let you slide this time.

Fuck up again and it's HED (deletion to newbies).

End topic.

nbk2000
May 30th, 2002, 02:32 AM
The question has already been discussed in other topics related to PA/TNP. As such,there's no need for a seperate topic about it since we have a PA article several hundred replies long to put this sort of question in.

Other than the "No first post being a new topic" violation, he did OK. A somewhat intelligent question in the proper place in english we can understand and typing we can read.

But you do need to search first. That'd have brought up the existing topics that answer this question.

Usually I delete people for violations like this, but since I got my dick sucked earlier today, I'm still in a good mood, so I'll let you slide this time.

Fuck up again and it's HED (deletion to newbies).

End topic.