View Full Version : ap and p.permanganate - Archive File

megalomania
May 24th, 2003, 02:22 PM
the_wingman
Frequent Poster
posted 03-01-2001 01:48 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is potassium permangante/AP- mixture really stronger than pure AP?

sadsakjoel
Frequent Poster
posted 03-02-2001 02:29 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yes it is, BUT DON'T DO IT You crazy fucker! I had some (not even a five cent piece worth) on my table which set into a rock hard explosive and when I turned my lamp on.....

PHILOU Zrealone
Frequent Poster
posted 03-08-2001 11:10 AM
Is it a good idea??? Judge by yourself the action of 1 mg of MnO2 or KMnO4 on concentrate peroxyde like H2O2....immediate liberation of all the oxygen (100% H2O2 explodes on contact with KMnO4!!!).
You are the kind of guy who likes to jump whit NH3NI3 in your pockets and nitroglycerine in your hands while smocking a cigar....am I right
------------------
"Life that deadly disease sexually transmitted".
"Chemistry is all what stinks and explode; Physic is all what never works! ;-p :-) :o)"

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 03-08-2001 04:10 PM
I don't like the sound of mixing a primary explosive with a catalyst.

endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted 03-08-2001 06:15 PM
How exactly would p. permagnate make ap more powerful?, powerful is a word of wide definitions.
Briscance, Det/velocity,Expansion...
What would be p. permagnate improve, and why?

Jhonbus
Frequent Poster
posted 03-09-2001 11:36 AM
Mixing acetone peroxide with an oxidising agent like KMnO4 would improve the oxygen balance of the explosive (which is quite negative for AP)

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 03-11-2001 10:50 AM
AN would be better and safer. Not as oxygen rich, but produces a lot of gas upon decomposition.

PHILOU Zrealone
Frequent Poster
posted 04-04-2001 03:56 AM
Or even better hydrazine nitrate, hydrazine perchlorate, ammonium perchlorate.....