View Full Version : AP putty with ping pong balls - Archive File

megalomania
May 24th, 2003, 02:23 PM
Mick
Frequent Poster
posted 03-19-2001 12:54 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the recipe i got for AP with ping pong balls said you needed atleast 30 ping balls (i think i got the recipe from Xinventions)
well, i just thought i might let you know you can do it with 6 ping balls.

what you do is cut the ping pong balls up into tiny little pieces, and then pour 30ml to 40mls of acetone into a small beaker, then put as many pieces as you into the acetone...and they disolve, add more pieces, and poke it with wooden stick to help break up the ping pong

what you will be left with is a really really thick goo, if you add a little bit more acetone to it(so it just sits on the top of the goo) then put plastic wrap, and a few elastic bands around the top of the jar, so it seals it off, let this stand for about 6 hours or more

after it has "rested" for a while, take the plastic off, and give it a bit of a stir if has gotten to hard, add a little bit more acetone to it to help it soften up - but don't have excess acetone floating on top of the goo
(the less acetone you have to use the better - of course, the acetone will eventually evapourate - but it quick if you use as little as possible)

then add your AP to this, i had about 50mls of ping-pong goo, and i added around half a film canister of AP (probably more)

stir it up, the goo will start get real strange and start to loose its "string-e-ness" once it starts doing this, scoop it out an put it into a mold or roll it into a ball(i don't advise touching this shit with bare hands...i got some kick ass headaches after i molded it in my bare hands)

then put it somewhere out of the way and let it dry.
depending on where you put it, it will prolly take a few days to completly dry.
you will notice as it drys, the edges will start to peal up from the edge of your mold, doing worry about this. If you press in the center(thickest) part of your AP putty, and it is still soft - it needs to dry for longer.
when i first put my blob in a mold, it was about an inch think in the center - by the time it had finished drying, the total blob had shrunk by atleast half.

i didn't really expect this to work, i mean, i expected it to go off, but i didn't expect it to have much of a bang.

well, i was wrong, it went off, and perforated my ear drum, and i was good 20-30 meters away from it.

i did have pictures of this, but when it popped my ear drum, i lost balance and dropped my video camera and fucked the tape up...

so yer, 6 ping pong balls, 40mls of acetone, half a canister of AP - you got yourelf some AP putty.

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted 03-19-2001 06:32 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you light a pingpong ball you see a vivid orange flame and alot of smoke,,I ones disolved some pingpong balls with acetone and when they where totally dry i try`d to light some but it didn`t burnd at all.
Does anyone know why?

------------------
--==DarkAngel==--

For explosives and stuff go to Section1 http://www.section1.f2s.com
sendtosection1@hotmail.com

Microtek
Frequent Poster
posted 03-19-2001 10:22 AM
I'd say you used plastic PPBs. the NC balls shouldn't give off smoke in any appreciable quantities. Most platics will dissolve in acetone, and many will also burn, so you can easily mistake them from the ones made of NC.
Actually you can use any number of ping-pong balls, even fractional; you just need to maintain the proper ratios of AP to NC
( 1:1 by weight is about right ).

Anthony
posted 03-19-2001 03:16 PM
I try to keep it more like 2:1 AP to NC as ping pong balls aren't free and you're not "cutting" the AP so much.
I ran out of acetone once and tried using 20% nitromethane (model fuel). It is a more powerful solvent and the NC went too gooey to handle easily and the stuff never really dries as the castor oil is left behind and can stop the AP detonating.

SATANIC
Frequent Poster
posted 04-03-2001 03:26 AM
is there any real 'test' for NC in ping pong balls ? should i just try a few different ones and hope that it would work?
Wait a minute ... this means you can detonate ping pong balls?

Anthony
posted 04-03-2001 01:19 PM
I doubt the NC from ping pong balls detonates since it isn't very nitrated, it is most probably consumed in the explosion though.