View Full Version : For all you Brits - Archive File

megalomania
May 25th, 2003, 04:46 PM
c0deblue
Frequent Poster
posted 04-04-2001 12:51 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copied this from an e-mail that's making the rounds. Don't know if it's just spam, but you be the judge. It makes sense and sounds like it could be good info. No way of knowing how long it'll last since they're bound to fix the loophole as soon as abuse becomes widespread, but it might help in the meantime.
=============================================

Just thought I would share this with you. I work in the speeding fine department in Swindon's Magistrate's Court and in the course of my investigation into "fines, their payment methods, and how points are automatically added against drivers licences" we discovered something very interesting "If You Get a Speeding Fine." This has been tried and it works.

We discovered that this procedure works nationwide. Read it and try it, you have nothing to lose but the points on your license. This is how it works:

If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, and you are going to get points on your licence, then there is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get any points.

When you get your fine, send in the cheque to pay for it and if the fine is say, 40, then make the cheque out for 41 or some small amount over the fine. The system will then have to send you back a cheque for the difference, but here is the trick!

DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHEQUE!!! Throw it away!!

Points are not assessed to your licence until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the refund cheque, then the transactions are NOT complete and the points are not assessed. However, the system has gotten its money and is happy and will not bother you any more.

=============================================

Happy Motoring!

[This message has been edited by c0deblue (edited April 04, 2001).]

Aggy
Frequent Poster
posted 04-04-2001 07:34 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw this one on the thoic.com forums apparently its meant to work ,pobably not for long though.

skunkdude
posted 04-08-2001 11:13 PM
That's pretty cool, gotta try that one day...

megalomania
May 25th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Here ya go Anthony, you had some recent trouble along these lines, yes?

Anthony
June 1st, 2003, 06:50 AM
Unfortunately, popular opinion now is that trick no longer works :(

Thanks for the thought though :)

Sonny Jim
June 19th, 2003, 02:58 PM
Sadly, this does not work anymore. My mam is a magistrate and was telling me a story about that trick once. The guy who tried it was found out and got an even worse fine for 'attempting to pervert the course of justice'.