View Full Version : ANFO...holy mother of god. - Archive File

megalomania
June 8th, 2003, 12:45 PM
atropine
Frequent Poster
posted 02-05-2001 01:27 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rite...I have had about 50% success rate with ANNM. And the times it goes boom, it goes ka fucking boom. I have demolished trees and made large craters.
I have had an interesting idea. Just recently i have come across an old abondened building about 3 miles from any where. I plan on making it destictly level. Im thinking half an oil drum of ANFO with ANNM detonator (bean can). If Any one has any advice on the best places to put it in the building then reply. This thing is gonna be massive. I have made huge craters with just normal ANFO in a pipe.

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted 02-05-2001 02:09 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This sound`s like that you gonna have a very cool dream soon!!
How big is the building?
What whas the building in the past?
Can you give a diagram of the building?

Tell me when you have done it,,Ok?

------------------
--==DarkAngel==--

Go to Section1 http://www.section1.f2s.com Alot off Bombs/Explosives and Homemade Weapons!!,,,Plus a <<Forum>>!!!

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 02-05-2001 02:24 PM
this sounds fucking awesome. a few questions though.
how volumous is the first level of the building?

is it wider than it is tall?

how many support beams on the first floor?

if it is a small building the oildrum of ANFO directly in the middle of the first floor of the building should take it out. you have to make sure you get all the support beams and you will have no problem. the support beams are the key. it is easy to blow out walls but that doesn't mean the building is going to come down.

------------------
...Æ

kingspaz
Frequent Poster
posted 02-05-2001 04:28 PM
that sounds cool. theres a place i know of but its got no road to it. is it a sort of old stone building? the one i know is. these sort of buildings would probably be easier taken out with smaller charges on the inside corners. thos would blast the corners away from the building leaving it unsupported and it would fall flat.

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted 02-05-2001 04:40 PM
well the building is an abandoned gatekeepers cottage. The AN is coming from a 500kg bag im gonna nick (some how). It is gonna use: HMTD----->ANNM------->ANFO. I need encouragement or i may back out. This thing os gonna be so noisy, it dont matter where it gonna be.

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted 02-05-2001 04:57 PM
oh i see....I dreamt bought this one night. And i will dream it in a few weeks properly.
I was wondering why ppl were having so many dreams.

Anthony
posted 02-05-2001 05:35 PM
Sounds good! You *have* to get it on video!
One question though, how exactly do you make off with half a tonne of AN? How are you going to mix it on site? Cement mixer?

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted 02-05-2001 06:04 PM
Wicked!
Will you use electrical detonation or a massive fuse?

How much HMTD will you use? How much is required?

I know that the building is 3 miles away from anything, but still, you better make every effort not to get caught, because they will search your house and find the forum on your computer!

I'm gettin excited!

ALENGOSVIG1
posted 02-05-2001 06:46 PM
black: not much hmtd is required to set off annm. a 2" long 3/8" i.d. copper pipe is definate detonation. please get this dream on video man, please!

PYRO500
posted 02-05-2001 06:59 PM
with your brain interface device, or you can make each high resolution image by hand and animate it, you probably are a good artist

Pyroboy
Frequent Poster
posted 02-05-2001 11:49 PM
Sounds good mate!
I think you should use at least 800 grams of ANNM. Because if the ANNM doesn't go off its going to be a big waste of time.
good luck!

ALENGOSVIG1
posted 02-06-2001 02:00 AM
Kingspaz: are you crazy?!? who want to see an implosion? i would wanna see pieces of the building 50 meters away in tiny pieces. I think this is a recreation thing, so you dont have to use just enough explosives..half an oil drum...that should be fun...45 gallon 0r 55 gallon drum?

Microtek
Frequent Poster
posted 02-06-2001 03:48 AM
If you are going to do this then as you say, regardless of the 3 miles, someone is going to notice and probably report it to the police. The police will send a car, and when they see the extent of the devastation they will most likely launch a serious investigation. They may think that it was done by terrorists to test their bomb-designs. For this reason I suggest you bear in mind the abilities of modern forensic technicians...
Just in case I haven't made myself clear enough:
Assume they will find any fingerprints you leave on the device or in the building, they will know the composition of your explosives, both the ANFO and the ANNM ( perhaps even the detonator ). Then they will look in their records for AN purchases or thefts in the recent past, and cross reference this with NM purchases ( they will know whether the NM is from racing fuel or whatever ). Maybe someone will have seen you in the vicinity, and being reminded by the media, will report to the police.
Maybe I'm much too paranoid, but if so all you will be doing is taking unneccesary precautions, whereas if I'm not.....

Well, chin up! I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

hodehum
posted 02-06-2001 04:22 AM
i dont want to sound like a drag but in your first post you said you had a 50% success rate? what are you going to do if it dosent go off? i think that most *sane* people wouldnt go in there to see what went wrong.
but anyway it sounds like a hell of alot of fun and i hope you do it without getting in to much trouble. but i am still wondering how you are goning to nick off with a 500kg bag of AN?

megalomania
Administrator
posted 02-06-2001 08:20 AM
I once had a engineering demolitions book that briefly described the best place for putting charges to blow a building in a hurry. I think, as CragHack suggested, the charge should go directly against the wall in the center of the bottom story. I also believe this placement is good for up to 4 stories. You may also consider piling up sand bags on the outside of the drum to help channel more of the blast towards the building.
I would also carefully consider the advice of microtek. For all you know the blast will bounce off the wall sending a sonic boom shattering every window for ten miles and making the national news! If you live in a sleepy small town, it will more than likely be overlooked.

------------------
For the most comprehensive and informative web site on explosives and related topics, go to Megalomania's Explosives and Stuff at http://surf.to/megalomania

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted 02-06-2001 01:17 PM
well, a local farmer has 5-6 of these massive bags of AN. The brand is nitroprill or something.
Oh yeah, i have just successfully set off another ANNM batch. But it was not to impressiv due to the fact that the tin container was a no-frills, mil thick bean tin. So on this oil drum i intend on finding some heavy gauge mild steel pipe as the primer.

endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted 02-06-2001 05:32 PM
OK, this is all just a great fantasy, but in reality, this is a very bad idea, Microtek was not just being paranoid, that is probably what will happen, this would be an explosion so loud you would hear a sligt thud for 40+ miles. And have you overlooked the fact that you will most likely kill the 10 homeless people that you didnt notice who were slleping under old newspapers on the top floor.

ALENGOSVIG1
posted 02-06-2001 07:20 PM
If i knew of a building such as this, i wouldnt think twice about destroying it,if you choose to destroy it, be very cautious. Wear gloves at all times. and always burn the gloves. It wont do you any good when the police find the gloves ans turn them inside out.Aso, have a planned escape route. I'd burn the remaining building if any personally, but with such a large amount of explosives, i dont think there is gonna be a remaining building. Although, anfo has low brisance so there may be lrage piced of wood thrown about, so watch out. If you plan on demolishing the building, be an appropriate distance away. you's be supprised to see how far shrapnel will go. Like setting off a gun in every direction really.
------------------
Explosives Archive

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 02-07-2001 07:03 AM
To Megalomania: Unless you have thousands of sand bags, I'm pretty sure the added containment and blast-directing effects will be negligable with a 55 gallon drum of ANFO. But I've never tried it, so I might be wrong.
Personally, I think this is a bad idea, but if you do it then you REALLY, ABSOLUTELY MUST GET IT ON VIDEO!!!!!!

Mick
Frequent Poster
posted 02-07-2001 08:41 AM
i reckon, its a fucken CHAMP of an idea...
but only if you do it properly...

the general rule of thumb when taking out a building, is you blow it from the center, so find the center, and thats where you blow it from, there should be a "corner" wall in the center, if theres not chances are it won't calapse(spelling?) properly

secondly cops, FBI, NSA? will be fucking everywhere after the bang...
cause i mean, its gunna be a BIG fucking bang..HUGE!

you don't tell anyone your doing it, and you don't get anyone to help you
you wear gloves when you do anything remotly related to this project

really, its all rather obvious stuff you have to becareful of - if you do it sensibly, then you'll have no probs at

oh, and of course the most important thing is TAKE A VIDEO CAMERA!!!!

even if you don't have one, or a friend can't lend you one
just go to a store that sells them, buy one.
then go buy a capture card for your computer

film the bang, capture on to your computer

then take em back for a refund =)

[This message has been edited by Mick (edited February 07, 2001).]

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted 02-07-2001 01:11 PM
well i absoloublty have to blow it up. And if i can i will get it on video. will a before and after picture suffice?

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 02-07-2001 02:44 PM
yes a before and after picture will due. try and get pictures of the AN, the NM, the detonator, the ANNM in the drum, the whole explosive all set up... shit like that to corroberate your story. but if you are becoming paranoid, the before and after pictures will do because anyone that is interested can take an after picture of the explosion. reporters... regular people... so you will have an excuse for possesing one. get a before picture from an old paper too, not one of your own. you can use the excuse that you were interested in what the building looked like before the explosion so you did some digging. but it would be big of a coincidence if you just happened to take a picture of the building, in tact right before the big boom. get the after picture a few days after too. so as to avoid even more suspicion.
------------------
...Æ

endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted 02-07-2001 03:33 PM
if you do it, you bettert take pictures of everything, id love to see what this shit looks like all put together,But this is a very bad.... you know what! Screw it!Dont worry about it! If you pull this off and dont get caught this will probably be the greatest thing youve ever done in your life if your a hardcore pyro.

Anthony
posted 02-07-2001 05:47 PM
Just imagining the guy cheeking the prints watching that series of images running through the machine...
A video would be the coolest though - the sound would be half of the effect!

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 02-07-2001 06:16 PM
oh god, use polaroids!
------------------
...Æ

Anthony
posted 02-07-2001 07:20 PM
Oops, forgot to mention about using a digital camera, I'm sure we wouln't have sent them off for processing anyway!

endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted 02-07-2001 09:03 PM
On the discovery channel(for real, this isnt like a "I had A dream thing", i saw them actually detonade an oil drum full of ANFo, to show like the power of explosives that can be made by terroirists and stuff,it was awesome, it had a mushroom cloud that was about the size of the white house but like 80 feet taller, i say the white house just because it is the best reference i could think of,on the same show they also blew out car doors with "easily" made claymore mines they had a bomb technician go to the hardware store, and buy everything he needed to blow up like 10 cars..for under $20, I would love to know what he madfe..any ideas??

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 02-07-2001 10:06 PM
if he just went to the hardware store and he only blew the doors of a car with a claymore, i am going to go out ona limb here and say it was AP.
------------------
...Æ

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 02-08-2001 07:38 AM
He could have made dynamite from a hardware store, or RDX if he really tried and found a good store.
If you pull this off, you will get roughly the same amount of respect as God. (not wishing to offend any Christians here! I was (half)joking!)

I'm sure that everyone here will be glad to offer any help/advice/encouragement(and legal aid!) you might need.

P.S. You live in England, right? If you steal/"borrow" that half ton of AN, would you sell me some? Around 10kg? I don't want to order 25kg of KNO3 and 10kg of AN from the same agricultural supplier!

Cricket
Frequent Poster
posted 02-08-2001 08:05 AM
Well... holy shit! You should use a electrical delay. Yikes. I just dont know if I could light the fuse if there was one. I get a rush from CO2 cartrages (wich isnt a tenth as powerfull as your detonator). Another fun thing to do would be to pull out a FAE (good for enclosed places). You better have a fast car. Also, I would rid my house of everything that isnt normal for where you live. Just to be safe.

Cricket
Frequent Poster
posted 02-08-2001 08:13 AM
Oh yea, are you sure it will detonate? I read (by Anthony I believe) that ANXX wont detonate in its over 6in. in diameter (because the shock wont be enough for detonation). I must be missing something though because most commercial ANXX detonations are more than 6in. in diameter. Well, just didnt want to see you waist any AN. Good luck, and bring a voice recorder if you can (if you cant get a Video recorder). Cant wait!

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted 02-08-2001 01:15 PM
Yeah that deal sounds fair MR COOL. ! have access to 3 tonnes so i should not have trouble getting 10kg of ammonium nitrate. Remember this is fertiliser grade. It still seems to work however. And if you get it dry it out cos i will be nicking off with it in a bucket and posting it direct. Same for any one else i you want any i can try. But move to Brity first. Postage is gonna be huge and customs may rip it open.

Anthony
posted 02-08-2001 05:39 PM
That 6" minimum bore size is just for ANFO, ANNM is considerably smaller (under 2" IIRC).

frostfire
Frequent Poster
posted 02-08-2001 09:41 PM
Let's start betting here.....
who bet the man will do it?
I bet he won't
( for good sake, at least search for the building value.........it's fun to see you do it....but aren't we "too" free here? )

blow 10 cars under $20?
are the cars' tanks full?

[This message has been edited by frostfire (edited February 09, 2001).]

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted 02-09-2001 06:47 AM
common betting me to do it is practicaly forcing me to do the same thing.
Well i have to now.

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted 02-09-2001 03:19 PM
Yeah, it seems like you are in a position where everyone is waiting for you to do it, and if you don't, it looks like loads of people will be dissapointed!

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted 02-10-2001 03:22 AM
well it may not be for another 2 months untill i have planned everything prefessionaly. I need to get the AN first. The oil drum i already have. The annm i allready have and the diesel i allready have. So making the thing is not gonna be the problem.
"preparation, preparation, preparation"

Teck
Frequent Poster
posted 02-10-2001 04:00 AM
some one said they saw on TV a guy went to the hardware store and bought some stuff to blow up 10 cars for under 20 dollars,
well I bet I know what he got: a
5 gallon gas can $5.00
roll of rags $4.00
matches $1.00
some gasoline for the gas can $10.00
equals=$20.00

wet some rags in gas stick them into the gas tank hole, light and run

hell I can probably blow up more cars with 20 dollars worth of stuff than him

but still seriously I think he used AP my friend said he saw somthing like that on TV where they said and showed what kind of bombs you can make from store bought and houshold chemicals. but left out the good part the formulas and directions.

I bet atropine will blow the building to splinters but i also bet they will track you down with dogs and shit man they probably will consider that a threat to whole England and take measures to put you in jail for a while where you will get ass raped and some other shit like that

Has anyone seen Blown Away starring Tommy Lee Jones, they actually showed him making AP or HTMD and filtering it through coffee filters. So censorship isnt all that bad in U.S. or they just think the public will think he just made some rock candy.

(Please don't refer to anything in a movie, especially not that piece of shit called "Blown Away" which should be referred to as "Blowing Chunks", as fact. I have yet to see any movie that had a bomb scence that was technically accurate. NBK2000)

[This message has been edited by nbk2000 (edited February 11, 2001).]

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted 02-10-2001 04:28 AM
what did he use the hmtd/AP for then. And really this is in the wrong section. Try explosive peroxides.

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 02-10-2001 06:39 PM
dude, don't feel preasured to blow the building right away. like you said yourself it is all about prepration. you only get one shot to get it right. a partial detonation in this case would suck. or only brining down half the building, leaving the other half to sway in the wind and possibly crashing down to kill someone. plan plan plan. and in late april, early march when you are ready. do it, then tell us about the experiance.
------------------
...Æ

sealsix6
Frequent Poster
posted 02-10-2001 08:48 PM
I know someone else mentioned this before but I will ask again is there any chance of you putting up blue prints of the building all the floors (however many there are) and each room I want to know what it looks like and maby someone can help a little bit more of charge placement

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted 02-11-2001 07:10 AM
yeah ill try and get some done today.

sealsix6
Frequent Poster
posted 02-11-2001 10:03 AM
ok thanks

Donutty
Frequent Poster
posted 02-12-2001 05:27 PM
This may help:
http://www.sasol.co.za/smx/products/anfo.htm
Better safe than sorry!

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted 02-16-2001 01:19 PM

[This message has been edited by atropine (edited February 16, 2001).]

Mick
Frequent Poster
posted 02-16-2001 02:59 PM
your gunna wanna place it in the hallway in between the living room, and storage room
(at the coner of the living room)
you really can't take a structure down with just 1 explosive...well..if it was a big ass explosive, i guess you could..

i dunno, i have never seen ANFO detonate before, so i don't know what its capable of..

but, assuming a quater of a ton would be enough to take down a house of this size, my placement would be where i said at the begining of my post..

PYRO500
posted 02-16-2001 03:42 PM
well, have a fire in a barrel near your site, start a fire in it and keep it goin and after the blast throw your gloves in it and if you hear sirens throw the pic's tape or data disk in there too, they'll have a hell of a hard time convicting you on circumstantial evidence

sealsix6
Frequent Poster
posted 02-16-2001 09:00 PM
Instead of blowing the building to pieces why dont you make it some sort of lab put up a false wall in the storage room then make a blast site outside of the house and make and then you can make a TON of explosives and not have to worry about having them in your house you can make little brick boxes like put up small brick houses 3ftx3ftx3ft and blow thoes up I think you can get more fun outta that but it wont be one BIG bang you can keep makin them and blowin them up as fast as you can make them and then if you get bored of the house blow that up and have the room rigged in case someone finds it you can tourtch the place and as long as there are no finger prints any where you should be safe

Anthony
posted 02-16-2001 09:26 PM
If it's anything like the abandoned buildings I've been in it'll be trashed and have piss and shit everywhere. Not a place where you want to set up a lab.
I'd say the corner of the living room too, take that out and the floor above it will loose a lot of support. If you do it on the ouside of the corner then the blast could take out the storage room wall too, which would help a lot.

When exiting the scene, you'll want to head in the opposite direction of where the police could turn up. They're likely to access the site the same way you do, (from the nearest road) so you'll want to head in the opposite direction. You might have to do a big loop to get home, but you don't want to meet the cops half way back.

Mick
Frequent Poster
posted 02-17-2001 03:42 AM
atrophine, where bouts are you?
i think i remember you saying you were from OZ or something?

if so, what state?

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted 02-17-2001 04:31 AM
UK. I cant say where.

Mick
Frequent Poster
posted 02-17-2001 07:51 AM
thats fine...i can understand that...
for some stupid reason i thought you were in OZ..

oh well..doesn't matter

Pyroboy
Frequent Poster
posted 02-17-2001 11:35 AM
I also thought he was from OZ.
For the same reason too.

BaDSeeD
Frequent Poster
posted 03-02-2001 01:37 PM
This may be an amazingly simple question. But how are you going to get 55 gallons of explosive to your site?
You can't exactly haul it on your back, and running down the street with it on a hand truck is bound to raise suspicion.

Just curious... sounds like you'd need a person to help with the placement. Which means you'd have to trust another person to remain silent afterward.

------------------
BaDSeeD
Knowledge is the true power, ignorrance will bring your demise.

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted 03-03-2001 04:43 AM
Atropine: Do you now when your gonna dream? you said in Feb that it would take about 2 months,,Still the same time?
------------------
--==DarkAngel==--

Go to Section1 http://www.section1.f2s.com Alot off Bombs/Explosives and Homemade Weapons!!,,,Plus a <<Forum>>!!!

richl261
Frequent Poster
posted 03-26-2001 02:23 PM
have you done it yet, atropine?
come on make the national news

ps, i understand why u cant say where in england u live but is it in the north or south etc?

im in the south so if its near southampton say so and ill listen out

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted 03-27-2001 03:07 PM
I suggest that the mods delete this topic after they hear about it on the news, or after atropine has done it (he will tell us).

richl261
Frequent Poster
posted 03-30-2001 01:57 PM
yeah, that might be a good idea lol

Tim2133
posted 04-11-2001 08:08 PM
Hey atropine, are you gonna have this dream or what? I would really like to see it.

Mick
Frequent Poster
posted 04-12-2001 12:51 PM
anyone notice how atropine hasn't been posting on any of the forums???
/me thinks someone got busted

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 04-12-2001 01:11 PM
or he craeted alot of hype about this and doesn't want to show his face cause he didn't even attempt to pull it off. i don't really care if he did actually do it, it is the effort that i look for. he got us all excited now show us some evidence!
------------------
...Æ

Anthony
posted 04-12-2001 02:03 PM
...Or he's still in hospital having his leg reconstructed...Remember his accident with the HMTD COB?

richl261
Frequent Poster
posted 04-15-2001 12:58 PM
oh yeah his cratermaker accident... nasty
has anyone seen him on icq, msn, aol, whatever?

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 04-19-2001 05:54 PM
I've spoken to him on msn.

richl261
Frequent Poster
posted 05-06-2001 03:04 PM
is he ok?
and has he uploaded that picture of his scar yet?

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 05-06-2001 03:08 PM
He seems fine, but has kinda given up on explosives until he can find a primary that's safer than HMTD.

richl261
Frequent Poster
posted 05-06-2001 03:11 PM
hahaha i bet

(wow, what a speedy response, 4 mins!)

Foodos
Frequent Poster
posted 05-07-2001 01:02 AM
Funny how keeping a HMTD crater maker in his pocket blows out his leg, methinks he needed to do more research, especially since he wanted to blow 50gallons of ANFO, thats just a tad more dangerous anyway.

richl261
Frequent Poster
posted 05-07-2001 01:38 PM
yea...i'd never even consider keeping a black powder crater maker in my pocket, let alone hmtd... anyway, anfo is a lot more stable than hmtd (as you probably know) so i wouldnt worry about that..

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted 05-07-2001 02:16 PM
Hi again. Sorrey to keep u in suspense but ive had difficulty with...well life. Police who i think are monitoring me. So im going to be brief. The ANFO is still on but preparation and discretion are in immediate order. No Fucking dreams of HMTD, anything else is welcome. Suggestions?
------------------
all wize men have unwize fantasies <

^
>

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted 05-07-2001 02:22 PM
oh yeah. During questioning i was asked where i got the recipe for hmtd from. In response i said "well i think, umm TOTSE.COM" which i was then told would be yunder investigation.

------------------
all wize men have unwize fantasies <

^
>

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted 05-07-2001 02:24 PM
Hey welcome back man,
TOTSE HEHE now there busted
Good that i told you the virtualave url those V3 urls canbe quite shitty

------------------
DarkAngel

For explosives and stuff go to Section1 http://www.section1.f2s.com And http://run.to/section1
sendtosection1@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by DarkAngel (edited May 07, 2001).]

Anthony
posted 05-07-2001 05:41 PM
Welcome back
I take it they didn't buy the "It was a firework" BS? You're not in any trouble with the law over this are you? It must have been pretty scary getting interorgated and having to confess all this shit...

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 05-08-2001 04:04 PM
did you have a lawyer and all that shit? or did you go in deaf dumb and blind to the law, so to speak?

Arthis
June 8th, 2003, 02:06 PM
What has finally happened to Atropine ? I would be interested in what happened really with the cops (though I didn't search it, I guess he would have made some replies here if there were some). Anyway, I guess too he didn't destroy the building.

Here are the photos of AN explosions. This may be less powerful than ANFO (oxygen balance +20 if I remember), there are 2 tons.
This may give an idea of the explosion that would have made (imagine it since Atropine wanted to use 500 kg ANFO only).
http://membres.lycos.fr/arthis00000/2tonan1.jpghttp://membres.lycos.fr/arthis00000/2tonan2.jpghttp://membres.lycos.fr/arthis00000/2tonan3.jpg

I'm sorry there is no scale with the photos, and I really don't remember where I found them. The general view may give an idea of the size, I would guess at least 120 m high fireball.

Axt
June 8th, 2003, 03:28 PM
That is not AN, Av-gas most likely.

Arthis
June 8th, 2003, 03:49 PM
What is Av-gas ? A type a fuel for planes, it seems. How do you guess it ? Is it like kerosene ?

EP
June 8th, 2003, 04:12 PM
If I remember correctly, those pictures are actually of an open burn of 2000lbs of solid rocket propellant at Desert Blast.

Arthis
June 8th, 2003, 04:33 PM
You may be right, I really don't remember where I got them from. Where did you find them ?

2000 lbs ~= 1 ton so this would confirm the great explosion that would have been made by Atropine.
You're right to the point that mustn't be AN in fact, I would guess the fireball is due to an defficience in oxygen (0<oxygen balance).

Mr Cool: I think even implosion would have been great to see, especially filmed by a member, with improvised HE.

I know an abandoned house, but it's in the middle of a forest so I don't think it's a good idea (poor trees burning despite they haven't done anything bad to me). Moreover some friends tend to put some marijuana pots there, that would be bad...

A good place to make your charge explode would be, I think, in the WC, as it would concentrate the shockwave. Still WCs need to be in the center of the floor.

50% success rate should enough: just put 3 charges in the building, an the probability for all of them not to explode would be only 1/8. 4 charges -> 1/16 probability.
Charges do not need to be big, as if one explodes the shockwave will be enough to make the other charges explode too.

knowledgehungry
June 8th, 2003, 06:12 PM
Unless you were using an FAE to blow down the house i dont think you would have to worry about a fire, the shockwave would blow any fire out, and many explosives dont have a nery high temparature of detonation.

jfk
June 9th, 2003, 05:20 AM
personaly i would shave my head, buy some cheap ass shoes and burn all my clothing and shit.

i dont think you can possibly get too paranoid, when you ocnsider the consequences.

im intending to do something like this soon, not that big tho.

ill prolly set it up at night and give it a times delay of a decent time, so im got a good alibi for the crime, which i bet they will think it is.

however gotta make sure the timer i blown to miniscule pieces so they dont suspect it was timed !

rooster
June 9th, 2003, 07:00 AM
jfk, if you intend to do a real big blast, and take something valuable down, the pigs will most likely bother. The bomb squad can identify almost anything used in the bomb, from the casing to the explosive to the timer. So blowing it to pieces will not be efficient to hide it from the piggies.

I don't know how, but maybe some pyrotechnic device to burn the timer away will be better, like NBK does in his story.

Arthis
June 9th, 2003, 08:35 AM
You should re-use old transistor, resistors, etc from old toys or whatever you would not buy. Like that it will be much more difficult to trace you. And excepted if you have already had problems with the pigs why would they suspect you in particular ? Local police do not come on this forum.

btw I guess it would be somewhere far from your home...

It would be fun to use a tamagitchi or something like that: at a fixed hour, the puppet awakes and says 'Mama' and BBOOOMMM ! :)

jfk
June 9th, 2003, 09:27 PM
that would be............fucking halarious !!

i wasnt intending on a valuable structure ATM, and ive got alot more tests ect... to do before im well learned in the ways of ANFO, RDX and MEKPAN...and the likes.

plus got alot of school work on these days, and nitric + paraformaldehyde are extremely scarce in this country.

Desmikes
June 9th, 2003, 11:03 PM
I think you would do much more damage to the building if you were to split your ANFO into two smaller piles and place them where they will take out most of the structure support. I would think that setting them off simultaneously shouldn't be a problem if you use electric igniters. The downside is that it is possible that only one may go off (this is ANFO afterall) in which case people from further away will be deprived from experiencing shitting-in-your-pants experience.

jfk
June 9th, 2003, 11:24 PM
yeah i reckon

what do you guys think about simultaneously detonating 5 charges?

4 in the corners of the building and a larger one in the corner of a wall smack in teh center of the first floor ?? i think it would work heaps better than just a single one in the center.

however ive not got a PHD in demolition, so...........

Arthis
June 10th, 2003, 08:32 AM
There is no use dispersing the charges at the corners of the building. It would be better to make several charges not too dispersed at the center.
For several reasons (I think): first, the different shockwaves will add themselves, so you need globally less ANFO to destroy a main infrastructure. second point is concerning the size of your building. As it may be more difficult to make it fall down, it would be more effective to put one single major charge on a central point for the building, if not blown up, at least to implode.
Several charges at the corners may be great for projections to long distance, like wanted Mr Cool, but should be less effective is terms of destruction.

But this is of course depending of the quantity ANFO you use. You can afford dispersing charges if you use 20-30 pounds ANFO for each. But you need several detonators (as I don't think you're going to make meters and meters of PETN detcord). I think you encounter too many problems, though it would be interesting to see the differences afterward. We need too identic buildings for tests.;)

jfk
June 13th, 2003, 03:17 AM
*sigh*

a lack of PETN detcord, and suitable buildings that no one would care if they were suddenly gone.

Anthony
June 14th, 2003, 07:55 PM
I wouldn't use a timer and leave the scene for two main reasons:

1) I wouldn't see the explosion, so what's the point?

2) A homeless guy/crack head might enter the building between the time you leave and the time the charge goes off. Now you've added a possible charge of manslaughter to your charges of destruction of property and reckless and illegal use of explosives...