View Full Version : easy to make moderate to high explosive - Archive File

megalomania
June 8th, 2003, 12:57 PM
Tim2133
posted 04-08-2001 05:50 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I need to make some explosive that is moderately to high powered, safe store, and easy to make. I'm new here so I was hoping I could could get some suggestions and instruction or links to instructions to make some. How about a plastic explosve like potassium chlorate/vaseline/kerosine? How powerful and safe is this? Thanks

Anthony
posted 04-08-2001 06:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your criteria for an explosive contradicts each other, easy to make explosives are not safe, nor are they particulary powerful.
KClO3/vaseline is a low powered explosives DV approx. 3200m/s and very difficult to detonate.

nbk2000
posted 04-08-2001 06:34 PM
Let me guess....the very first post you ever made here was in the form of a new topic about a question that has been answered many times before, the answers which you would have found if you've read some of the previous posting here.
Don't post anymore topics on the forum until you've posted some replies to other peoples posts that show some intelligence and willingness to learn.

PS. Mention the anarchist cookbook or &TOTSE and you'll be summarily deleted. This is refered to as HED (Hot Electron Death) here and means not only deletion of every post you've made, but banning your IP and any further posting by you. So read around and see what's acceptable here and what isn't if you wish to stay.

------------------
"The knowledge that they fear is a weapon to be used against them"

Go here to download the NBK2000 website PDF.

Go here to download the NBK2000 videos.

Tim2133
posted 04-08-2001 08:34 PM
I can't post replies to topics that I don't know the answer too. I've been reading information files for two years now, making small explosives, and trying not to kill myself. Now I want to make larger more powerful explosives. I did read about 50 posts before making this one. I learned a lot, but there were still questions remained unanswered. If you want a new member to stay and learn how to do these things safely you should not get angry with them for asking these questions. Maybe you should make a forum sub category just for discussing how to obtain and how to synthesize chemicals. This is the one thing I've found very little information on that is quite nesseccary.
[Duh, mabe you should look at meglomania's site.ALEN]

[This message has been edited by ALENGOSVIG1 (edited April 08, 2001).]

John456
Frequent Poster
posted 04-08-2001 09:31 PM
Haha, he mentioned the anarchists cookbook in his post in miscellanious NBK

Tim2133
posted 04-08-2001 10:01 PM
Actually, I'm sorry you can't read, that was anarchist's handbook. Besides, how am I supposed to know what a book contains when there are no posts about them and I've never read them.
[if you keep stepping on everyones feet your going to be banned. If you read any posts you would quickly realize that anything with "anarchist" in the title is laughed upon here at the forum]

[This message has been edited by ALENGOSVIG1 (edited April 08, 2001).]

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 04-08-2001 10:35 PM
well, the A. Handbook ain't too much better timbo, (don't know why i capatilized it, doesn't deserve that kind of respect.) both the handbook and cookbook are rewrites of the same BS. no need to mention any of it. or even try and gather info from either sources. both are tantamount to suicide.
------------------
...Æ

Rhadon
Frequent Poster
posted 04-08-2001 10:45 PM
Tim, your idea to discuss how to obtain chemicals will not be to anyone's advantage: If you know a source for a chemical and everybody uses it, this source will soon be retired. Exceptions are chemicals with very common uses, but these have been discussed very often and thus can be easily found.

Tim2133
posted 04-08-2001 11:10 PM
When I spoke of finding chemicals, I didn't mean a store where everyone can buy them. I meant, for example, if you are looking for KNO3 you can go to a hoe and garden store and buy stump remover or try pharmacies. Like that, I need to know what kind of products contain these chemicals. I know a lot of them can be synthesized. I've tried this, but the product yield is usually low and unpure.

Microtek
Frequent Poster
posted 04-09-2001 06:13 AM
OK if you need an explosive with those characteristics I'd suggest ANNM which is quite powerful, very safe to store when keeping the ammonium nitrate and nitromethane separate and very easy to make as you just need to mix the two in the proper amounts. Initiation can be done with acetone peroxide.
This explosive is not really suited for small devices with light containment.
Try not to draw attention.

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted 04-09-2001 11:09 AM
Tim, what's with those damn numbers in your name! If it's not too much trouble, re register with your name "Tim" please. When you put those idiotic annoying numbers in your name it makes the forum look trashy. This isn't bloody IRC you know!

Tim2133
posted 04-09-2001 05:42 PM
Thanks for that info Microtek. I'll research some on that. As for my name, does it really matter if there are numbers in it? Man who really cares. I use it for my e-mail, instanst messagers and all my other forums. I'm sorry I don't have a name that sounds all dark and cool to you.

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 04-09-2001 06:04 PM
Tim it is best to chat with some of the veterans. If you wish to contact myself to gain more ground you can do so via ICQ(UIN=48423121). This can help quite a bit for learning the ways of the forum.
as for anything with anarchist being always crap... not true for example the Anarchist Arsenel and the Advanced Anarchist Arsenel. both very decent books.
For easy to make powerful explosives look in the "New And Improved C-4" by Ragnar Benson; look at the SP/PJ/Al plastique towards the end of the book. supposedly better than AN/NM

------------------
A wise man once said:
"...There Will Be No
Stand Off At High Noon
... Shoot'em In The Back
And, Shoot'em In The Dark"

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

Frank_Green
posted 04-09-2001 08:25 PM
"so you say you want a revolution...fine, I'll spin around on your dick."

[This message has been edited by nbk2000 (edited April 29, 2001).]

Teck
Frequent Poster
posted 04-10-2001 02:42 AM
Couple of days ago a friend of mine came up to me and asked if its true if he mixes Drano with bleach and pour it down the drain in school the pipes would burst. I was like "what da hell you been smoking man? and where did you read this bull shit?"
That was an example of what you learn from the cookbooks.
When I first started reading literature about explosives and stuff like that the first thing I read was, anarchist crap book. Anyone can atest to that beacause the net is littered with bullshit on making explosives the easyway. And 99.9999% of the stuff in the crapbooks doesnt even work.
This is an exerp of what I remeber from reading few years ago:

"Take a beer bottle put few drops of gasoline in it, evaporate put some potassium permanganate, close, throw against somthing
hard."

The assholes that wrote the books dont even know the difference between High Explosives and Low Explosives in one section I remeber Exodus or what ever the guys name was said one ounce of flash powder equals half a stick of dynamite. Now he was either doped up on crack and smack or really brain damaged to make that satement, and post it on the net.

Well anyways chill everyone.

------------------
-------------------------
"When I think of all the victims killed during nitroglycerine explosions, and the terrible havoc that has been wreaked, which in all probability will continue to occur in the future, I am almost ashamed to admit to be its discoverer." Ascanio Sobrero mid 1800s

Anthony
posted 04-10-2001 03:34 PM
First thing I ever read was the anarchists crapbook, it was obvious that some of the stuff was very dangerous, just from a common sense standpoint. It was also obvious that the "author" hadn't actually done a lot of the stuff. I thought the small section on fireworks was interesting so I went online in search of pyro sites. I learnt so much on these sites and realised how dangerous the stuff in the Acrapbook was. I moved onto HE's after finding the Makeshift Arsenal and soon after a friend showed me this forum which is the best thing the web has to offer on explosives.
I don't think I ever tried a single thing from the Acrapbook.

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 04-10-2001 03:49 PM
unfortunetly the first thing i read was also the anarchists cook book. i always wanted to make the shit in there but i am SO SO SO glad i didn't. i still have my eyes arms and dick and i am very thankful that i didn't have the balls to make anything go boom a few years ago.
to answer the assholes question above, the reason why the moderators here are nazi's is because of losers that post shit and misinformation. the field we all study is dangerous and a strict attention to detail and accuracy needs to be payed. any slip up could cost a finger, an eye, an arm, a leg or even a life. you see where i am getting at? if you do not like it i can point you to a website called "the temple of the screaming electron." they will love you there. and i am sure you will love it. anything goes there and 99% of the shit posted is crap. pick one:

1) Nazi moderators coupled with real, accurate and above all SAFE information

or

2) slack moderators coupled with crap, inaccurate and unsafe info

no one is keeping you here. you don't like it, you can leave. and that goes for all the people that think this is a place for bitching and moaning, where people are nice. nice, what the fuck is that...

------------------
...Æ

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 04-10-2001 05:46 PM
The quote Heard for the lash powder was 4 oz. which will indeed make a very large firecracker and powerful. but I doubt it would be close to that of a 1/4 stick.
I made the KNO3/Sucrose Smoke bombs they work decent that is about it.

------------------
A wise man once said:
"...There Will Be No
Stand Off At High Noon
... Shoot'em In The Back
And, Shoot'em In The Dark"

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

Demolition
Frequent Poster
posted 04-11-2001 03:49 AM
I have read somewhere(can't remember where)that 250 grams of flash powder is equal to one stick of dynamite.However I do not believe this information is correct as 1 stick of dynamite can weight between 180-250 grams and that's of high explosive,not a low explosive like flashpowder.(however that is being debated at the moment)
Any thoughts??
Demolition

sadsakjoel
Frequent Poster
posted 04-11-2001 07:37 AM
yes, one thought: Gale, Big hill, 20KG ANFO?
I got 5 metres of fuse, thats 500 secs, email me.
------------------
All there is to fear is your own co-ordination

Anthony
posted 04-11-2001 03:03 PM
Mere flashpowder cannot be compared to the power of a proper HE.
However, the guy might be talking about the amount energy the flash contains compared to NG rather than the power.

For example: 1 gallon of petrol(gasoline) contains the same amount of energy as 28 sticks of dynamite!

Donutty
Frequent Poster
posted 04-28-2001 05:06 PM
What he means is that Petroleum has more stored energy than the nitroglycerin in Dynamite, the only difference being that, as you know, NG releases the energy almost all at once, whilst the petroleum doesn't (that's why our cars dont blow up!)

Anthony
posted 04-28-2001 06:18 PM
Exactly

Jumala
Frequent Poster
posted 04-28-2001 10:27 PM

I would suggest 76% AN + 18% NM + 6% Trichlorethane. It is out of a patent from 1981. It has the same power like kinestick and can be detonated with a No. 6 cap.
Every component alone is absolute safe.

To demolition:
I have heared and seen the same about flashpowder. But I think flashpowder isn´t the right name for this mix.
Explosivepowder would be a better name.

Flashpowder for theatres and effects contains often sulfur which slows down.

At german TV they showed a distroyed telephonebox. The job was done by firecrackers of Perchlorate and AL-powder.
(Much less then 250g)

PYRO500
posted 04-29-2001 01:40 AM
I Don't think Donutty and Anthony would like to be associated with you in the manner you stated:
"we should leave al those theoritical speculations to Physicists.
We consider ourself as hardboiled applied explosive chemists, this is where the fun exist.we study explosive information and see how we can improvise it,learn form it and enjoy seeing things go BOOM! in a safe manner."

I know for one I would be annoyed if you said that to me, just to let you know without all those "Theoretical speculations" are what our hobby is founded upon and what seperates us from T.O.T.S.E.

Anthony
posted 04-29-2001 03:55 PM
I wasn't offended but Pyro500 does have a good point, we do have to try and understand the fundementals behind what we are doing so that we can make things work, get the best performance and most important be safe.

JB
posted 04-29-2001 05:18 PM
Donutty, when you said that Petroleum has more stored energy than the nitroglycerin in Dynamite, is it possible to release that energy all at once, maybe with the addition of another chimical? I'm guessing for certain it would be detonated. I'm not using this idea because it was in the A.crapbook, but what would the addition of KMnO4 do to influence a reaction/energy release ?

Anthony
posted 04-29-2001 06:36 PM
There is a way - nitrate the petroleum

PYRO500
posted 04-29-2001 06:40 PM
stick that stuff in your car!
(wow a milenium post!)

[This message has been edited by PYRO500 (edited April 29, 2001).]

JB
posted 04-30-2001 01:25 PM
Anthony, would this be called 'Nitro Octane' or 'Octane nitrate' or something along those lines? What methods would be used to make this and would it be stable? Also could it be atomised to create an even more powerful explosion? (bet you are all getting fed up with all these questions, heh. sorry)

Anthony
posted 04-30-2001 02:33 PM
It seems to go by the name of just "Nitrated Petroleum".
There's a procedure for synthesis on Mega's site:

http://nettrash.com/users/megalomania/nitrated_petroleum.html

It might well be an excellent choice for an FAE creating a truely detonatable vapour cloud.

PHILOU Zrealone
Frequent Poster
posted 05-03-2001 08:39 AM
Sometimes mixing a fuel or an explosive with an oxydiser bring you to a much performing HE than the components appart.... a bit obscure to you?
OK watch this:
*Benzene (or nitrobenzene)+ HNO3 conc can be detonated with much power and a higher VOD than TNB.
*nitrotoluene (or toluen) + HNO3 conc better than TNT
*Diaminotrinitrobenzene (VOD=7.8km/s) + NH4ClO4 (VOD=4.5km/s) has a VOD of 9.7km/s
*tetranitromethane (VOD=6.2km/s) + nitrobenzene/or nitrotoluene has a VOD of over 8.0km/s
*HNO3 + CH3-CN has the power of NG the same sensitivity to shock and the same VOD 7.7km/s
------------------
"Life that deadly disease sexually transmitted".
"Chemistry is all what stinks and explode; Physic is all what never works! ;-p :-) :o)"

Alchemist
Frequent Poster
posted 05-03-2001 02:56 PM
Hello gang,
The Germans used liquid Nitrogen Dioxide and Carbon Disulfide. They where keep in separate containers till used in a bomb that mixed the two as it was dropped by a small propeller on the noise. It exploded on impact.

------------------

-A-
Frequent Poster
posted 05-04-2001 02:17 AM
Jumala
You mean Trichloroethane? 1,1,1 or 1,1,2 Trichloroethane?. I must say that both of them ARE dangerous, 1,1,1 especially.
Philou
I don't know the abbreviations you are using but TNB is trinitrobenzene, isn't it?
HNO3 + benzene more power than TNB?. Wow. Why isn't this mix used more often then??

PHILOU Zrealone
Frequent Poster
posted 05-04-2001 07:33 AM
TNB is indead trinitrobenzene!
Those mixes are unused now because they are much more shock sensitive or reactive than the final product.
HNO3 is an oxydant and corrodes metals!
Usually military explosives must be powerful, detonable only with a powerful detonator (fire or shock shouldn't detonate them unless in very very big amounts).Stable towards metals,...!Displaying stable performaces ability under various circumstances (time, T, humidity,...).