View Full Version : Prescription Nitroglycerine - Archive File

megalomania
June 8th, 2003, 12:58 PM
endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted 04-13-2001 10:40 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is this prescription drug which is basically just nitroglyecerine, the scientific drug name is nitroglycerine. It is used as some sort of a pill for a heart condition, are these small, hard, brownish, pills explosive, or can they be made explosive If so it would be a miniscule amout of nitroglycerine, but i was just curious.

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 04-13-2001 10:48 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the stuff you get prescribed is in pill form i believe. the pill i doubt is just NG and a binder. too much room form bad things to happen. no need to have you swollow it and then have you stomach explode. just on a side note, NG thins the blood. makes it easier for the heart to pump it.
------------------
"If you must, do it with intelligent people, at least they know how to talk to the cops."

endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted 04-13-2001 10:50 AM
Crag, that reply was faster than lightning, but do you think they add stuff to make it non-poisinous(acceptd by the body), or stuff to make it non-explosive, is NG posinous?

Cricket
Frequent Poster
posted 04-13-2001 03:31 PM
I don't think NG is poisonous, it will just thin your blood out too much, and give you some good headaches.

fightclub
posted 04-13-2001 07:31 PM
Non-poisonous? Nitroglycerin is a mutagen!

endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted 04-14-2001 11:38 AM
can you enlighten me on what a "mutagen" is?

endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted 04-14-2001 11:47 AM
Craghack- i just realized what you said in your first post, "the stuff you get prescribed is...", not like it matters but i don't get it subscribed, i was just curious about it

Predator
Frequent Poster
posted 04-14-2001 04:34 PM
I thought the prescribed chemical available in chemists/pharmacists was glycerine/glycerol which is used to treat a heart condition, not NITROglycerine ?
you have to process glycerine to get nitroglycerine out of it

Anthony
posted 04-14-2001 04:53 PM
Nitroglycerine was originally used as a medicine - a vasodilator I think. I think it's still in use today but probably only in special cicumstances.

YTS
Frequent Poster
posted 04-15-2001 12:37 AM
It is nitro glycerine its only 1% or less nitro & its usually in a spray liquid form i havent seen tabs its been used for donkeys years for heart conditions to thin the blood just the same as rat poison

-A-
Frequent Poster
posted 04-15-2001 05:11 AM
Excuse me, but what the hell do you mean by saying that ng thins the blood???.
What I know:
-It is generally in patch form, it is absorbed by skin.
-It is a vasodilator.
-In pill form?! Only if you want to kill yourself!

Well
posted 04-15-2001 07:33 AM
ummm, that medicine you get from the pharmacy is only glycerin, not NITRO-glycerin, my grandfather had heart problems and he got this stuff from the pharmacy, so think u still would have to nitrate the glycerin to get NITRO-glycerin

endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted 04-15-2001 10:55 AM
Damn! I was not sure what it was, if I was sure i would not have posted. The bottle Says !!!!"Nitroglycerine"!!!! OK it says Nitroglycerine, whether it does or does not contain nitroglycerine was my question. I never actually said that it did, but the name is conclusive enough for me. And -A-, i don't know what it is, but it is a pill, i can assure you!
[This message has been edited by endotherm (edited April 15, 2001).]

the_wingman
Frequent Poster
posted 04-15-2001 11:40 AM
Nitroglycerine is still used as a medicine to treat angina pectoris. But a bottle of this stuff won't even contain one gram of NG.

wantsomfet
Frequent Poster
posted 04-15-2001 12:32 PM
In germany "Nitro-Spray" is very common in treating angina pectoris. I saw old people having up to 10 bottles placed in their rooms, to reach them at every time if necessary. It's basically alcohol with a very tiny amount NG dissolved, menthol for the flavour and "langkettige triglyceride".
The bottles say something like: a spray of 0.x ml contains X mg trinitroglycerine (think its around 1mg).
The pills contain almost the same compound but more jellylike.
I had about 500ml of the spray stuff, but getting it out of the bottles and handling it is not so cool. I had *bad* headache from the NG and NG-headache is a real pain.
I don't know how old people can stand that... perhaps it is that they know that i could save their lives...

------------------
for best catfood visit:
catfood.tsx.org

rjche
Frequent Poster
posted 04-15-2001 01:34 PM
Nitroglycerine will not explode if it is diluted too much. The weakest dynamite I have seen is 10% and that has other explosives such as fgan with it.
The medical NG is the same as in explosives.

The medical stuff will not explode because of its great dilution.

NG is a severe poison.

The only thing it does well is cause the blood vessles to open up wide. This has the same effect on the heart as everyone in the city turning on all their faucets wide open.
The pressure drops drasitcally.

Many organs of the body cannot get the flow of blood they need to live unless the pressure is above a certain amount. The brain is one of them.

Dialating the blood vessels in the brain cause them to expand. When they expand they sense that as a dangerous condition and react with their headache pain. The brain itself feels no pain. dialating vessles in the brain usually indicate a blowout is imminent hence they contain pain nerves.

Other veins in the body do not cause pain as they dialate but just do it.

Most organic nitrates act similarly to nitroglycerine. They must be handled so the fumes are not breathed, nor any dust inhaled, and none gets on skin though which it can travel rather well.

If you want to test the above, take a nitro pill, lay it on an anvil, and whack it a good one with a steel hammer. When I did it nothing happened except the pill squirted out from between the anvil and hammer.

Remember a stick of dynamite has a bit about 200 grams of nitroglycerine in it if its 75% straight dynamite. That's 200 thousand mg.

A pill with ONE mg is not very impressive. It would take 200 thousand such pills to have the same stuff as a single stick of dynamite. As much as they cost you would need a wheelbarrow to carry the loot to pay for them. They would make a pile large as an oil drum or more, and they would not explode unless you whacked them with a wrapping of dynamite sticks to compress them to the volume of a gallon bucket or so.

To answer the man's question, that is not a useful source of NG. That's why there are no shipping restrictions on them etc. A match is much more explosive, as is a cap buster cap.

endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted 04-15-2001 06:03 PM
Exactly rjche,Right to the point, thanks man

HMTD Factory
Frequent Poster
posted 04-16-2001 02:54 AM
The NG is absorbed in a medium and made into a pill. The patient place it under the tongue so the NG gets into the body via membrane.
Like rjche said, it dialate the blood vessel to temporarily change one's blood circulation
system, thus oppress the symptom.

Guess who needed NG treatment? Alfred Nobel,
he invented dynamite, and ironically, needed NG to save himself.

Teck
Frequent Poster
posted 04-16-2001 03:01 AM
My grandma has a vial of these small round pills that are about 3-5mm in diameter and containing only .0005 g of Nitroglycerine and she says that's the strongest you can get. So I think its not work bothering with.
------------------
-------------------------
"When I think of all the victims killed during nitroglycerine explosions, and the terrible havoc that has been wreaked, which in all probability will continue to occur in the future, I am almost ashamed to admit to be its discoverer." Ascanio Sobrero mid 1800s

[This message has been edited by Teck (edited April 16, 2001).]

Anthony
posted 05-01-2001 06:49 PM
Anyone got a cure for a nitro headache? I'm thinking I need a vasoconstrcitor of some kind? I remember someone mentioning Vix nasel spray helped so I've been shooting up on that - it's either helped a bit or it is just a placebo.
I shouldn't have got a headache since I havn't touched any NG and it's alwayd been under water so I can't have breathed the fumes. Maybe it was when I was washing the equipment it had touched?

Teck
Frequent Poster
posted 05-02-2001 03:51 AM
Anthony- get yourself some 151 bacardi and take like 7 shots of it and see if that helps.
Always helps me with my headaches

[This message has been edited by Teck (edited May 02, 2001).]

Anthony
posted 05-02-2001 03:20 PM
Hadn't thought of that cure
Might not be able to type too sharp though

Cyware
posted 05-02-2001 07:36 PM
The NG headaches can be treated with a aspirin tablet and a cup of strong cofee. This works with most of the headaches (at least for me).

Anthony
posted 05-02-2001 08:20 PM
I usually take aspirin for headaches but it didn't help at all in this case. There must be some medication or product that increases blood pressure or has "do not take if you suffer from high blood pressure" on it?