View Full Version : Tetracene and aminoguanidine bicarbonate. - Archive File

megalomania
June 8th, 2003, 01:19 PM
FadeToBlackened
Frequent Poster
posted 05-06-2001 10:20 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems to me that with the exception of getting the above-mentioned precursor, making this stuff would be almost painfully easy. The procedure at megalomania's site uses about a 2% (i think) solution of acetic acid. A little GAA with a lot of water. You could get a lot of vinegar, water it down, and use that, given the vinegar didn't have any impurities. It would have to be white vinegar of course.
Does anyone know how to get/make aminoguanidine bicarbonate? I have seen websites that mention it (chemical companies and such). But does anyone know how to make it? Megalomania's site is a bit.. not working... and i don't think he even had the synth for it posted. Anyone?

CodeMason
Frequent Poster
posted 05-07-2001 12:55 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dunno. Maybe amination of guanidine (from bird shit?) with pool-grade ammonium hydroxide, then bubbling through some CO2?

PHILOU Zrealone
Frequent Poster
posted 05-11-2001 07:30 AM
Usually guanidine salts are made by fusing cyanamide with ammonium salts;
NH2-CN + NH4NO3 --> NH2-C(NH)-NH3NO3
NH2-CN + NH4Cl --> NH2-C(NH)-NH3Cl
so maybe
2NH2-CN + (NH4)2CO3 --> (NH2-C(NH)-NH2)2.H2CO3