View Full Version : Double-base - Archive File

megalomania
June 9th, 2003, 05:53 PM
Fallout85
Frequent Poster
posted 05-22-2001 05:52 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is there any, feasible, way to seperate the nitroglycerin and nitrocellulose? Perhaps with a solvent that only one is soluble in and is a stronger solvent than the nitroglycerin is in disolving nitrocellulose.
If it is possible it would be an easy source of nitroglycerin. It would still be very dangerous.

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 05-22-2001 05:57 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What would be the point as double based powder detonantes already, Nitro just causes head ache and is the leading cause of dismemberment. Read Ragnar Benson's "New and Improved C-4" The Smokeless(SP/Al/PJ) explosives is more powerful than the ANNM. I believe it is avaible on the net somewhere thats where I got mine form.
------------------
A wise man once said:
"...There Will Be No
Stand Off At High Noon
... Shoot'em In The Back
And, Shoot'em In The Dark"

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

PYRO500
posted 05-23-2001 08:45 PM
HA! nitro is just a headache! how true!

ALENGOSVIG1
posted 05-24-2001 12:58 AM
i believe you could just use H20. Im not sure of this though. You could always make some NG, its not too difficult. You can download new and improved c-4 from my site http://on.to/explosives
------------------
technology is a wonderful servant, but a bitch of a master.

Explosives Archive

[This message has been edited by ALENGOSVIG1 (edited May 24, 2001).]

YTS
Frequent Poster
posted 05-24-2001 05:18 PM
I was wondering how you could do this my self a couple of weeks ago but havent worked out to do it yet

ezekiel
Frequent Poster
posted 05-27-2001 07:23 AM
Nitroglycerin is miscible with ethyl ether, highly soluable in acetone, souable in ethanol, and insoluable in water.
Fck knows about cellulose and nitrocellulose.
They are both ploylmers: and I think both acetone soluable, wiht cellulose being water insoluable.
ONe thing that i think would be effective is crushing the double base into a fine powerder, mixing into a paste wiht water, then adding alot mroe salty water...
the centrifuging - seperating the three layers.