View Full Version : Slurry explosives used as a binder for RDX - Archive File

megalomania
June 9th, 2003, 05:59 PM
Teck
Frequent Poster
posted 05-30-2001 01:58 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have some slurry explosives, I dont know what their composition is but its, gray and looks like plastique and is very moldable also its one solid texture.
It has to be confined in order to detonate so I was wondering if I mix RDX into it will it explode unconfined? I want to do this beacuase I havnt found a good plasticizer for my rdx.
------------------
-------------------------
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let people have guns ...why should we let them have ideas?
--Joseph Stalin
(and thats what todays governments try to do is brain wash everyone)

CodeMason
Frequent Poster
posted 05-30-2001 05:16 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slurry explosive general composition (by weight):
45% finely powdered PETN
27% ammonium nitrate
18% water
9.5% ethylene glycol
0.5% guar gum
Hope that helped.

cutefix
Frequent Poster
posted 05-30-2001 06:02 AM
Hello Teck, I think you have a watergel type,if its gray it might contain some aluminum(similar to tovex,type).The question is how would you disperse the RDX in it.Do you have to chop it in into small pieces, or use a blender to mix the explosive.I'm a bit perplexed by it,it may not be the safest way to bind the RDX with the plasticizer.

Teck
Frequent Poster
posted 05-30-2001 10:09 PM
Thanks for the info I never thought it would have PETN, also its so soft you could mold AP into it and it wouldnt go off. Also I dont think it has Al.
Also watergells are more of a liquid type.