View Full Version : Best way of getting BP into cratermakers? - Archive File

megalomania
June 9th, 2003, 06:08 PM
mark
Frequent Poster
posted 03-07-2001 08:49 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whats the best and most efective way? Any special tools?

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 03-07-2001 10:23 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theoretically the best way to make a Crater maker is:
after you have a spent 1oz Gas cylinder you must widen the hole use either a nail or drill bit. I would recommend for loading your LE(Powder) using an Aluminum Funnel as discribed on Dan Williams' site(Soda Can).
http://www.ctel.net/~dwilliams/index.html
------------------
A wise man once said:
"...I Am Not Much of a Dancer But,
Just Wait Till The Fucking Begins"

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

mark
Frequent Poster
posted 03-08-2001 06:58 PM
Thanks, but that wont work with an 1/8 of an inch hole. Anyone else have any ideas?

Cricket
Frequent Poster
posted 03-08-2001 10:43 PM
Uuuhhh, I didn't want to have to type all this, but I will. Here is how I make them. I hit them with a nail and hammer (if it isn't already empty, the reason I said this is because I used to buy them by the box (25) and didn't have a gun to waist it). Just a tap at a time, til it goes ssssssSSSSSSS. Then throw it outside (if you do a whole bunch of them, it might fill up your room and deprive you of Oxygen). Then I drill them out, I forget what size, just about big enough to where the little ring comes off. Not too big, or it WILL just be a crappy rocket engine and not explode (doesn't matter with HE's). It has to be pretty big to do that, where the thickness of the nozle is pretty thin. Ahhhh, you will find the limits within about 25-50 of them. Anyways, after I drill it, I like to put them in the oven for a while to get all the sweat (the same stuff as on the outside of cold cups) off the inside. I don't know if their is any in there, but I cut one open and it was all rusted in there. Do it if you want, but I don't know if it makes any difference at all. Then I get a special straw that is sold at Braums and Sonic (these restaurants are only found in southern US as far as I know, but their might be a different store that sells these large diameter straws, also I get them for free be the hundreds so I can mail them to you if you cant' find them), and fit it over the cartrage. Then fill the straw with any small grained LE (powdered LE and all HE are untested by me, so proceed with caution and don't end up like atropine). I have used Pyrodex, double based smokeless (from .22 caliber, 12 gauge, and 20 gauge), and some unknown synthetic muzzle loading powder (it was a tad gooey, like it had some wax in it or something). So just fill the straw and use something, (I used bottle rocket sticks) long and skinny enough to fit through the hole in the nozzle, to poke the explosive in the cartrage. Just poke it in and pull it out, lather, rinse, repeat. If you understand, you should have emptied a cartrage, baked it for a while (if you want), fitted it with a straw, filled the straw with your explosive, and packed the explosive into the cartrage (the small stick should require constant twisting between your fingers). I averaged it out between like 10 of them and it took something like 8.5 12 gauge small game loads, and I think 4 minutes to fill excluding the time to empty and drill it out. Well I think that is all, if you don't understand, tell me and I will try to explain it better. Hoped it helped.
[This message has been edited by Cricket (edited March 08, 2001).]

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 03-08-2001 11:20 PM
atropine?
what happend to him?

------------------
A wise man once said:

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

Cricket
Frequent Poster
posted 03-08-2001 11:36 PM
He blew a chunk off his leg with a HMTD crater maker. He was walking along and it blew up. It was in his pocket. I wonder if he got into trouble and what he said to the hospital. I don't see how it even left his leg attached. I wonder (and hope) if he can still have kids?

mark
Frequent Poster
posted 03-09-2001 08:56 PM
Thanks! Um, I only filled it like half up. Do you think it will still explode? The hole I drilled is only 1/8" wide.

SATANIC
Frequent Poster
posted 03-09-2001 10:09 PM
i doubt the pressure buildup will be suficient to 'explode' the container

pete
Frequent Poster
posted 03-11-2001 03:10 PM
nasty, fuck i have nigthmares about that sort of thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 03-11-2001 11:07 PM
All you need for CM or any exploding device is 1/2-2/3 when dealing with low order. Much more than that and you are just wasting you powder; there is no sense in that. I deamt I tried one the other night; The shappnel was all jagged, ruff, and twisted. It fragged pretty evenly though. 1/8 will be fine for the hle size.

------------------
A wise man once said:

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 03-12-2001 01:19 PM
Atropine said it was an air bomb to the hospital people. I was speaking to him on MSN, and he said that the police were coming to interview him, so he had to get rid of EVERYTHING! Including 8kg of BP that he bought, at great expense. He must be really annoyed!

BoB-
Frequent Poster
posted 03-12-2001 07:54 PM
I've always used typing paper instead of aluminum, I just hold the paper into a 'spout' with my pinkys.

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted 03-13-2001 03:19 PM
It doesn't make much sense to get rid of everything, couldn't he just drop it off at a mate's house?

SATANIC
Frequent Poster
posted 03-13-2001 07:59 PM
even if he does get rid of everything, the cops can prove it through microanalisys of his clothing, on which trace amounts can be found, even after washing. They would need sufficient evidence to take samples though.

Cricket
Frequent Poster
posted 04-02-2001 07:03 PM
I hope I can hurry and type this before the BATF/FBI/CIA/anyone else can track me down and make me disappear, because I'm fixing to share with you the easiest, fastest, and newest (I invented it about 16 minutes ago) way to make Crater Makers (which will reek havoc on the entire world, hopefully ). You will need a 16 ounce bottle of Pyrodex (I assume that other bottles the company makes are the same size, but this is the kind I have). First off, you will most likely need to click
here to get a free funnel (totally free, shipping and all) unless you already have one (in that case, shame on you, you should have thought of this already). All you have to do is give them 3 e-mail addresses for them to send a message to saying something like buy our shit (I guess that's what they want the addresses for). Try it with your addressee and someone else's first and see if that works (because I'm pretty sure I accidentally clicked the ok button before I was done and had only typed in one addressee). It says to wait like a month for shipping, but I ordered mine 2 days ago and got it about 17 minutes ago (I live in northern Oklahoma and they mail it from Kansas). So, when you get it, screw it on your bottle of powder. You will need to open a CO2 canister also (note that the larger the hole, the quicker it can fill up). I drilled mine out to 11/64 in. I am pretty sure that this isn't too big (if it is, make it smaller, what ever floats your boat). Then fit the outside of the canister inside your new funnel/lid. Duct tape it on (about 2 times around is plenty). Now just turn your whole gizmo up-side-down and shake it (more back and fourth than up and down, or in a mix between the two) for about 20-30 seconds. It should be full. Just untape it (be sure you do this over a magazine or be careful, you might end up with more powder in your lap then in the canister). Well, that's about it. Have fun all, and to all a good night (it is daytime, but I really wanted to say that).
[This message has been edited by nbk2000 (edited April 20, 2001).]

YTS
Frequent Poster
posted 04-03-2001 05:45 PM
Ive made CM by cutting up to the shoulder then reaming the hole to a fair size to aid filling with bp then drill a hole the size of your fuze at the opposite end insert fuze & secure then fill with bp pack behind bp with cotton wool then put in a blob metal filler & retire a safe distance in case it explodes half hour later should be safe in my apinion but take my word for it someone will proberly give a good reason why its bad idea

Cricket
Frequent Poster
posted 04-08-2001 09:54 PM
Not to revive dead threads, but what, no one likes my new invention? You can fill a CO2 cartrige in under 30 seconds, if I didn't make myself clear. Maybe someone will like it when next new years rolls around . I know I will .

c0deblue
Frequent Poster
posted 04-09-2001 12:50 AM
Disposable otoscope (earscope) specula make wonderful miniature funnels for filling powders or liquids into tiny openings. These sleeves are thin but sturdy high-temperature polypropylene and can withstand most solvents. They come in orifice sizes of 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7mm, but the smaller sizes can be cut to increase the opening diameter. They're "available" in the exam rooms of most hospitals and doctors offices, or can be purchased at well-stocked pharmacies or medical supply stores. A supply of these is a must for any lab.

[This message has been edited by c0deblue (edited April 09, 2001).]

Anthony
posted 04-09-2001 03:01 PM
Well I've applied for my free funnel, wonder if they'll be stupid enough to ship it all the way to England?

Cricket
Frequent Poster
posted 04-09-2001 06:09 PM
Hopefully. I wouldn't doubt it, if they cant even tell how many e-mail addresses I gave. Oh well, good luck.

Igenx
Frequent Poster
posted 04-09-2001 07:47 PM
Just another simple way to make crater makers. Take an appropriate size (I use 7 mm) rifle shell, refill it with powder and hold it over the hole so that the necks (of the case and of the CO2 cartridge make a good seal. Shake and the powder is in quick. Just thought you guys might like to know, this provides a simple and portable method to make these things.
BTW- anyone know some place online that sells visco and doesn't have an age verification system?

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 04-09-2001 10:15 PM
www.pyrotek.org request a catalog. just make sure that if you buy chemicals that you don't by all the ingrediants to makea bomb in one fell swoop. this is a good way to get you marked. they sell visco. good prive too, (i tink )
------------------
...Æ

Igenx
Frequent Poster
posted 04-10-2001 06:33 PM
I used to get catalogues from that company. Guess cause I didn't order anything at the time they stopped sending.
Just looked through their stuff again and realized how much I've been missing by not getting my fuse online.

Anthony
posted 04-11-2001 04:12 PM
Guess what arrived yesterday? Yup, one free funnel which I have absolutely no use for, all the way from Kansas!

Cricket
Frequent Poster
posted 04-11-2001 09:01 PM
Order another and see what happens. Hehehe...hehe . Do they have Pyrodex where you are at? I got an extra bottle (empty of course) if anyone wants it. Although I don't recommend anyone trusting anyone else, I will mail it to anyone who wants it bad enough. You can/should (for your security) give me a friends addressee or something like that.

Anthony
posted 04-12-2001 02:37 PM
Yeah we've got it over here but they won't let me buy it unless I get a Black Powder license. I'll keep the funnel just for the sake of it though.

Cricket
Frequent Poster
posted 04-12-2001 05:23 PM
Well that's pretty fucked up man. In the states you are supposed to be 18 I think to buy BP. Shit, when I was 15 I bought Pryodex and .22 ammo. Hehehe. And I can buy guns (or have someone do it for me) at gun shows and fuse, BP, SP, ammo, and knives and so on.

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted 04-19-2001 07:27 PM
Thanks Cricket tomorrow i can get my free funel at the post office,,I didn`t heard the door bell so i need to go take it.
(Yes i got it now)
------------------
DarkAngel

For explosives and stuff go to Section1 http://www.section1.f2s.com And http://run.to/section1
sendtosection1@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by DarkAngel (edited April 20, 2001).]

richl261
Frequent Poster
posted 04-20-2001 11:14 AM
how small is the end opening? small enough for co2 cartridges?

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted 04-20-2001 12:04 PM
It`s 7.5 mm
So i don't think so but hey it's FREE
Try to do the trick with the homemade funel from a coke can it`s on Dan william's site

------------------
DarkAngel

For explosives and stuff go to Section1 http://www.section1.f2s.com And http://run.to/section1

[This message has been edited by DarkAngel (edited April 20, 2001).]

richl261
Frequent Poster
posted 04-20-2001 02:52 PM
yep, ive ordered it anyway so ill find out
i did the thing on dans site with a beer can, and it worked quite well, but some black' got stuck down the folds on the inside oh well!

ps, black powder is a precious commodity here in england

Demolition
Frequent Poster
posted 05-05-2001 11:11 PM
I just ordered myself a free funnel.Hopefully it will be here in a couple of weeks.

richl261
Frequent Poster
posted 05-06-2001 07:57 AM
i got mine!
mine came 5 days later from america! im in england!

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted 05-06-2001 09:11 AM
Hey yesterday i recieved my 2nd one!
But i ordered them on the same day
------------------
DarkAngel

Cricket
Frequent Poster
posted 05-06-2001 10:54 PM
Hehehe. I wonder why they ship it sooo quick. Nothing else to do, I guess. What a blessing . I kind of gave up that hobby though. I'll tell you about it in the Miscellaneous or where ever I find an appropriate thread.

A-BOMB
Frequent Poster
posted 05-06-2001 11:19 PM
Ah, crater makers I've found that the fastest way to fill'em is to take some round ball smokeless something like herculex or bullseye and a funnel and just dump it in and pack it and pack it till no more will go is and then remove some to put in your fuse and glue fuse in, then light and enjoy!

richl261
Frequent Poster
posted 05-07-2001 01:43 PM
pack it and pack it? i never pack it in, i always leave a 1/2" gap at the top, try it, it will probably work better

MacCleod
Frequent Poster
posted 05-09-2001 12:05 AM
I've never fooled with cratermakers,but i'm sure the funnel I made to make sticky match with would be ideal for filling them.I took a small plastic funnel (1/4 in. tip) and attatched the lower end of a two-piece retracting ball-point pen to it.The tip of the pen is 1/16th. wide,and would easily fit into the top of the co2 case; with 3F or 4F BP it would fill it in a matter of seconds.

richl261
Frequent Poster
posted 05-09-2001 02:31 PM
oh yeah, i see what you mean, but i use rocket powder i crush myself in my cratermakers, so i might get a big chunk stuck in the end...worth a try though i must say, because im using a piece of cardboard at the moment

mark
Frequent Poster
posted 05-09-2001 06:58 PM
Ive given up on trying to fill those little bastards. Im just going omake soda crackers from fullones. Much easier, and same efect.

Demolition
Frequent Poster
posted 05-15-2001 03:08 AM
Well,today in the mail came my free funnel,(I ordered just over a week ago).A bit to big for cratermakers but maybe I can find a place for it on my shell reloader.
Demolition

Cricket
Frequent Poster
posted 05-15-2001 05:20 PM
Too big? The crater maker is supposed to fit in the funnel (the nozzle part) and then wrap it once in duct tape. If you drilled your hole the right size, it should be full extremely fast (compared to conventional means). I was using it out of the bottle (Pyrodex) with the nozzle/lid screwed on, so it might be differet if you don't have a bottle. Understand?