View Full Version : Simple Black Smoke - Archive File

megalomania
June 9th, 2003, 06:11 PM
ALENGOSVIG1
posted 04-24-2001 10:07 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heres a simple smoke mix that does not call for materials such as Hexachloroethane and other exotic chemicals. Its cheap, easy to prepare, and does not seem to be sensitive to shock or friction but that is up to you to decide. I did not weigh the materials bacause i was just expermementing. I measured all materials in volume. All granulated materials also. Te mixture calls for 1 part granulated potassium chlortate, 1.2 parts Naphthalene, and a substance to make the mix burn more violently. Potassium chlorate and Naphthalene alone burns so slowly that it can be extinguised by blowing on it. I used Ascorbic acid to make it burn faster. about 1/4 a unit a will suffice. Im sure other Materials will work.
Here is a picture of 1/2 a film canister of
the mix burning:

The mix burned for a good 8 seconds also.

To download the entire video goto

http://24.78.209.165

[This message has been edited by ALENGOSVIG1 (edited April 24, 2001).]

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 04-24-2001 11:53 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like:
6 KClO3
2 Charcoal
2 Sucrose
2 Napthalene
(Parts by weight)
she burns fierce; like pyredex. very nice an recommended

------------------
A wise man once said:
"...There Will Be No
Stand Off At High Noon
... Shoot'em In The Back
And, Shoot'em In The Dark"

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

-A-
Frequent Poster
posted 04-25-2001 02:11 AM
hey alengosvig1, I was trying for about a month to enter the explosives archive using
on.to/explosives, when did you change the url??

PHILOU Zrealone
Frequent Poster
posted 04-25-2001 04:10 AM
Burning a rubber car wheel will do also a nice black smoke, you can use it as shredded pieces or cutted pieces inside a suggar/chlorate mix to light it!!
------------------
"Life that deadly disease sexually transmitted".
"Chemistry is all what stinks and explode; Physic is all what never works! ;-p :-) :o)"

PHILOU Zrealone
Frequent Poster
posted 04-25-2001 04:12 AM
BTW don't stand in the fumes you will be black of lamped...your white clothes will be full of it, don't breath it eather!
------------------
"Life that deadly disease sexually transmitted".
"Chemistry is all what stinks and explode; Physic is all what never works! ;-p :-) :o)"

DaRkDwArF
Frequent Poster
posted 04-27-2001 07:39 AM
May I suggest Gas masks this evening men, it's a tad bit noxious outside =)

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted 04-27-2001 03:22 PM
Alen you sayd that you used Ascorbic acid to make it burn better,Can someone tell me more about that stuff?
Is it a powder,liqued?
------------------
DarkAngel

For explosives and stuff go to Section1 http://www.section1.f2s.com And http://run.to/section1
sendtosection1@hotmail.com

zaibatsu
Frequent Poster
posted 04-27-2001 03:34 PM
Ascorbic acid = Vitamin C I think

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 04-27-2001 11:56 PM
Yep it sure is. It is Vit C Crystals(Mine was).
------------------
A wise man once said:
"...There Will Be No
Stand Off At High Noon
... Shoot'em In The Back

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 04-28-2001 11:18 AM
Very nice.
For white smoke, melt some KNO3/sorbitol, very slightly damp, in a 65:35 ratio (rocket fuel. Making it damp allows it to melt at a lower temp, so salty water can be used in your heating bath). When molten nicely, stir in NH4Cl until it just starts to get a bit "crumbly". It's not really crumbly, but you'll see what I mean. A i=bit of fine zinc dust is also a good addition.
ALENGOSVIG1: are there any special things you need on your computer to see your site? Because I get a very nice title and nothing else when I click on that link below the pic!

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 04-28-2001 11:27 AM
If you don't have the brand new Netscape use explorer. you will see everything fine.
------------------
A wise man once said:
"...There Will Be No
Stand Off At High Noon
... Shoot'em In The Back

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

zaibatsu
Frequent Poster
posted 04-28-2001 06:46 PM
Hey thanx Mr Cool, I made that!

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 04-29-2001 08:40 AM
Was that a "thanx for the recipe" or "thanx for stealing my recipe"? It's a bit ambiguous...
If you made it first then sorry, I didn't realise.

zaibatsu
Frequent Poster
posted 04-29-2001 02:37 PM
No, I meant thanx for mentioning the banner, I made that! Sorry for the indistinct post.

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 04-29-2001 05:05 PM
Oh, I see.
Yes, it's very nice!

Alchemist
Frequent Poster
posted 04-30-2001 10:23 AM
Hello all,
Another black smoke/gray smoke is to use PITCH or TAR with a oxidizer like a chlorate or nitrate. Just play around with the quanities. A friend got some tar from some a guy taring a roof. He mixed some with a Potassium Chlorate / Sugar mixture and boy did it give off a lot of black smoke. Bye for now then.....................................

------------------

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 05-01-2001 01:27 PM
The reason for it is entertainment, because we enjoy pyrotechnics for what it is - playing with fire You don't need to use it for a useful purpose to enjoy it.

Anthony
posted 05-01-2001 02:19 PM
How many people walk around with a thermal imaging system!?

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 05-02-2001 12:42 AM
I would imagine that the thermal imaging device would be un-effective against a pyrotechnic smoke screen. Wouldn't the particles in the smoke be hot and would not allow for enough of a difference in temperature for the thermal-imaging to be effective. That is just what I suspect.
------------------
A wise man once said:
"...There Will Be No
Stand Off At High Noon
... Shoot'em In The Back

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

SATANIC
Frequent Poster
posted 05-02-2001 03:03 AM
I have never orgasmed over pyrotechnics, but i think it is challenging to set a goal (a particular effect) and then devise a device to produce it. Not only is it challenging, it is extremely fun to watch (even when it does something totally unexpected)

BoB-
Frequent Poster
posted 05-02-2001 08:50 PM
I'm seeing a pattern, can any petroleum product be burned to produce black smoke?

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 05-02-2001 11:44 PM
When using HydroCarbons as smoke producing agents you must use a base(Powder that is) that will produce CO2 otherwise the HydroCarbons will burn almost clean and very little smoke will be produced. Also sometimes it is the impurities in the HydroCarbon(Rubber, Plastic, Tar, Pitch, etc.) that produces the smoke. Just something to consider.