View Full Version : AP & Blue Tack - Archive File

megalomania
June 10th, 2003, 02:00 PM
boobear
posted 03-14-2001 04:45 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my friend and I had a brain storm and we thought of mixing AP with blue tack and we mixed at a ratio 50-50. We had a ball of it about the size of a small marble, we used normal safety fuse to detonate it. We put the AP blue tack on the side of a bucket and it smashed the side of the bucket out.
PS if you try to mix to much AP in to the blue tack it will lose it's sticking ability. It is also a good idea to mix the AP 50-50 with smokeless gun powder before mixing with blue tack, it helps the AP take hold of blue tack.
CAUTION DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THIS STUFF IT IS STILL POWERFUL.

[This message has been edited by boobear (edited March 14, 2001).]

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted 03-14-2001 03:28 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People know that it's still powerful.

NightStalker
Frequent Poster
posted 03-18-2001 07:21 AM
What exactly is blue tack??
As english is not my first language i don't know the word and i can't find it in my vocabulary.
Could anyone explain what it is and where to get it from??
------------------
Death stalks silently....

zaibatsu
Frequent Poster
posted 03-18-2001 07:42 AM
Its hard to describe, its like plasticene. But the difference is that if you press it onto a wall it will stick, and is more elastic. People use it to stick posters onto the wall with. However, I have also seen white tack

NightStalker
Frequent Poster
posted 03-19-2001 01:03 PM
Thanx, that is all i needed, now i know where to get that stuff...
------------------
Death stalks silently....

Igenx
Frequent Poster
posted 03-27-2001 08:12 PM
Technically that stuff isn't blue tack, it's just called (generic stuff anyways) "Poster Putty." I didn't even read this thread until now cause blue tack is a type of large animal medication.

bryan_wilson65
posted 05-11-2001 12:19 PM
I actually thought about using blu-tack sometimes, but never tried it. I guess sanitary silicone would do the same job. Only smell worse. Are there other ways of making a plastic explosive out of AP? I mean like syrup, modelling clay or just fuel oil?

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted 05-11-2001 02:44 PM
AP doesn't have enough power to make a plastique with it,If you mix it with something it would only become more weaker unless you use NC or an other explosive,You really need a more powerfull and safer explosive for making a plastique and use it as a main charge
------------------
DarkAngel

For explosives and stuff go to Section1 http://www.section1.f2s.com And http://run.to/section1
sendtosection1@hotmail.com

CodeMason
Frequent Poster
posted 05-13-2001 06:56 PM
Actually, since usually people are too shit scared to pound AP on its own into a high density (and for good reasons!), adding an inert plasticizing material to it will serve to make the density higher, ergo, making it more powerful.
Thanks for the tip, boobear. I'll try it out when I dream about making my next batch of AP.