View Full Version : Ap ping pong ball putty first time heard of - Archive File

megalomania
June 10th, 2003, 02:02 PM
YTS
Frequent Poster
posted 04-11-2001 05:47 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i was just wondering when ap&ping pong ball putty was first widely known about any ideas ive known ap & sp putty for while but i never heard about using ping pong balls until i joined this site & how does it compare to ap & sp putty i guess it doesnt but we cant all get sp very easily in some countries cheers

Anthony
posted 04-11-2001 06:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PP ball AP putty isn't as powerful as SP AP putty since the NC isn't as nitrated. If using double base SP you also have the added benefit of the NG which no doubt boosts power quite a bit.

Pyro
Frequent Poster
posted 04-11-2001 09:55 PM
Yeah,the nitrocellulose base makes it more powerfull by the nature, the ping pong balls are shitty grade SP and alittle bit of camphor. If in a pinch use the PP method but, i would always go with SP if i had the option.-Pyro

Mick
Frequent Poster
posted 04-12-2001 12:34 PM
well, i tried the PP method a while back
altho the "general" recipe for AP + PP says to use 30 PP balls,
i only had 6 PP balls - i posted my recipe a little while back...search for it

and i must say i was quite impressed with the reasults
i would say maybe, 30 times more powerful then AP unconfined

YTS
Frequent Poster
posted 04-12-2001 03:16 PM
I new it wasnt as powerfull but id still like to know when people had themselves first had heard of pp putty i just wanted to know if it was anew idea or been around a while just amatter of interest cheers

Anthony
posted 04-12-2001 03:45 PM
I think it's been around for a while, certainly when I first started reading about HE's.
[This message has been edited by Anthony (edited May 11, 2001).]

bryan_wilson65
posted 05-11-2001 09:56 AM
How about NC laquer, which is used in pyro a lot. This thing is about the same as PP but better and cheaper?

Anthony
posted 05-11-2001 07:44 PM
I think it's pretyt much the same thing except you get considerably less NC in acetone with the laquer. The PP balls in acetone form a layer of stringy NC goo at the bottom of vessel rather than a solution.

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted 05-12-2001 12:30 PM
That NC lacquer is useful shit!
All you need to do for a fuse is dip some string in it, and let the string dry. Instant fuse.

CodeMason
Frequent Poster
posted 05-13-2001 06:46 PM

quote:
i would say maybe, 30 times more powerful then AP unconfined

So its DV is 112.5 km/sec?! Holy shit!!

PHILOU Zrealone
Frequent Poster
posted 05-14-2001 08:59 AM
CTAP unconfined has not a high VOD!
The maximum VOD reach 5.3km/s!
So be more careful when you say 112km/s...that totaly wrong! You only reach 6-7km/s with NC when confined and in large pipes!
The fastest known explosives have "only" VOD arround 9-10-11km/s and that's twice faster than CTAP!
------------------
"Life that deadly disease sexually transmitted".
"Chemistry is all what stinks and explode; Physic is all what never works! ;-p :-) :o)"

YTS
Frequent Poster
posted 05-15-2001 07:41 PM
I posted subject about nc from laquer on may 6th its in miscellaneous after extracting the nc from laquer and letting go hard it only takes a small amount acetone to make it go to a paste in a bout half hour & get quite a bit from liter of laquer which is cheap to buy