View Full Version : Plastic explosive from HMTD - Archive File

megalomania
June 10th, 2003, 02:08 PM
HNIW
Frequent Poster
posted 05-27-2001 01:19 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've recently managed to make an plastic explosive from HMTD in the same way as C-1 using RDX. The main disadvantage of this explosive is that it is extremely flammable. Is there any simple way to make it non-flammable. The explosive is quite strong, I managed to compare it with ANFO and it ocured that it is far more powerful. It is very easy to produce in comparison with RDX.

simply RED
Frequent Poster
posted 05-27-2001 05:29 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you post the exact method you used, is it the same C-1 manufacturing method using mineral oil, lecithin and HMTD instead of RDX?
Hmmmmm, it is not wise to compare such explosive to ANFO since ANFO is not powerful and brisant. Plasticizing HMTD is not good since it's oxigen balance is negative. It's impossible to make it not flamable.
------------------
NO POLICE, NO SUMMONS, NO COURTS OF LAW
NO PROPER PROCEDURE, NO RULES OF WAR
NO MITIGATING CIRCUMSTANCE
NO LAWYERS FEES, NO SECOND CHANCE!
SEPULTURA

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 05-27-2001 11:15 AM
yes a "recipe" on how to make the plastique would be helpful. I am assuming it is moldable right? not the hard NC based AP putties people talk about making. The only way i can see that would come close to making it flame proof. is taking the finished block and coating it in wax. Mind you this poses two problems.
A) the wax itself would have to be molten, thus pretty damn hot. this might upset the sensitive HMTD.

B) this will provide a false sense of secutiry, because even though hard, it might not hold up to a flame for that long before melting away and exposing the actually putty.

------------------
"If you must, do it with intelligent people, at least they know how to talk to the cops."

HNIW
Frequent Poster
posted 05-31-2001 01:32 AM
Ok I used only mineral oil from cars and using hands I preapared some plastic explosive from HMTD. Although it is not a C4 but it is very simple to make and it is plastic so you can form it and put it for example on the door and blow them away. I compared ANFO with this explosive in a very simple way, I put them in the same kind if tree and found that this plastic explosive is stronger. The main disadvantage is that it can detonate from cord, even in small amounts(>20g in box or pipe) you don't need a detonator.