View Full Version : Silencer For The Irish - Archive File

megalomania
June 14th, 2003, 08:20 PM
Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 03-18-2001 01:58 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I heard that is is possible to make a Silencer from a Spud. Apperently all you have to do is get a large Spud make a hole straight down the middle of it(a bit bigger than the projectile). Then using a knitting needle stab holes all the way through the Spud. You may have to make the whole larger at the end so your sights and muzzel will fit. Then after your are done with it send it down the garborator.

------------------
A wise man once said:
"...I Am Not Much of a Dancer But,
Just Wait Till The Fucking Begins"

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

AR-15 Man
Frequent Poster
posted 03-18-2001 04:59 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually it will work for .22s. The IRA use to pop them in a .22 pistol. Shoot someone's knee then kidnap them. But in my dream last night I made one for a .22 rifle out of a 24 ounce Mountain Dew Bottle. Then later I made one out of a 2 liter bottle for a Tec-9. In my dream the bullet still made noise from going supersonic but you could not hear the gun that much. The biggest dissapointment is that they don't last too long.

Predator
Frequent Poster
posted 03-18-2001 05:50 PM
lol
No offence taken, AB

All a silencer does is to waste the expanding gases energy on something other then the immediate environment, hence stopping a 'crack' from the gas

You'll find a loaf of bread works much better then a potato though
In a dream I silenced a .22 down to the point that I couldn't actually hear it anymore, it was just the sound of the hammer hitting the rim of the shell, zero noise from the gas itself!

Loafs of bread rule
You have to actually stick about 2 inches of the barrel into the loaf of bread though.

c0deblue
Frequent Poster
posted 03-19-2001 01:26 AM
LOL never heard that one before - sounds good though. Now all that remains is for someone to write a specification for different weapons and calibres. Something along the lines of
.22 LR - Club Roll
.32 - Kaiser Roll
.380 - Whole Wheat loaf
.38 S&W - Rye or Pumpernickel
.357Mag - Sub loaf, large
.45 ACP - Italian loaf
.44 Mag - Baguette

Etc. etc. (but all with lettuce and mustard)

BoB-
Frequent Poster
posted 03-19-2001 01:41 AM
Never heard the potato one, I once dreamed about using a watermelon, it worked real well aside from the watermelon guts flying everywhere, I think the seeds may have slightly affected the bullets path.
Loaf of bread...I have to dream that someday.

Demolition
Frequent Poster
posted 03-19-2001 05:49 AM
In my dream a small plastic drink bottle(250mls)was taped to the muzzle of a .22 rifle.The result was extremely good.From a loud crack echoing off the hills to a small poof!The good thing about the slightly thicker plastic is that it can be used many times before shattering unlike the Coke or Fanta bottles.
Good for going hunting on other peoples property with them even knowing.
Demolition

PYRO500
posted 03-19-2001 11:44 AM
someone I know in a law studies class in our school told me he watched a pallidin press movie that showed them how to make a silencer, I think thaat movie may go missing...

Anthony
posted 03-19-2001 03:20 PM
BTW I tried a 2 litre plastic bottle on a pipe shotgun and it did *not* work - in fact there was very little of the bottle left

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 03-19-2001 04:54 PM
The pop bottle trick only realy works for a DUCE-DUCE.

------------------
A wise man once said:

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 03-19-2001 05:02 PM
the "duce-Duce" as you call it os easily silenced anyway. my step father told me about a guy who used to poach deer with a spotlight and a .22. he would put the rubber nipple of a baby bottle over the muzzle, spot light the deer walk up to it and cap it in the head. not alot of noise produced by the .22 and a deer to boot.
------------------
...Æ

Bubba
Frequent Poster
posted 03-23-2001 04:07 PM
I have a Paladin book on Practical Firearm Suppressors. Uses 2 sizes of pvs pipe and come steel wool to make a silencer. That was 1 of about 6-10 designs. Each was for a different caliber. I could scan it into a .PDF if anyone is interested?
Looking for Ragnars book on flamethrowers myself. my e-mail is: gunstuff@ais-usa.net

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 03-24-2001 12:36 PM
Bubba,
sounds good. DO you have any others that you could also scan in(ie.Rolling Thunder)?

------------------
A wise man once said:

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 03-27-2001 02:06 PM
Discs of corrugated cardboard rammed into a pipe that screw onto the end of the barrel works for high power pneumatic airguns, so it will also work for firearms, although it may need to be bigger.
Also, rubber discs with holes just slighlty smaller than the bullet will eliminate the sonic boom by slowing the bullet, although they soon wear out and decrease the accuracy greatly.