View Full Version : 37 mm grenade launchers - Archive File

megalomania
June 14th, 2003, 08:24 PM
A-BOMB
Frequent Poster
posted 04-19-2001 02:30 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know where I can buy a cheap 37mm
grenade launcher for less than 100-120$ (not the barrel mounted one for m-16's), or may be even places that sell kits to make them?
Oh, ya I want it to launch smoke and paintball grenades and that like.
------------------
live by the bomb
die by the bomb

SofaKing
Frequent Poster
posted 04-19-2001 05:36 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.funammo.com look for the bantam it's a pitol grip 37mm for $100. There's also a stocked version for $150.
------------------
With Knowledge we find Truth - With Truth we find Freedom

SofaKing
Frequent Poster
posted 04-19-2001 05:43 PM
Crap I checked the prices and they are only when you buy 4 boxes of ammo. The bantam is $130 normaly.
------------------

BaDSeeD
Frequent Poster
posted 04-19-2001 08:57 PM
I looked at that site for the 37mm launchers. Not too bad, it shows some decent savings on the pistol version of the launcher when you buy 4 boxes of 37mm ammo, however... they don't have a page for the ammo!!!

------------------
BaDSeeD
Knowledge is the true power, ignorance will bring your demise.

A-BOMB
Frequent Poster
posted 04-20-2001 12:07 AM
I looked at that page good but go to
www.firequest.com for ammo for it but go to
the other for the guns (all ammo at firequest) costs less.
------------------
live by the bomb
die by the bomb

SofaKing
Frequent Poster
posted 04-22-2001 01:57 AM
Forget the ammo $70 for a box of ten !!! From their ad in an old shogun news.
I really like firequest but I perfer the break-open action.

The most economical thing would be the scaled up slam-bang (old archives) and maybe some used nylon 40mm shells.

------------------

SMAG 12B/E5
Frequent Poster
posted 04-23-2001 12:11 AM
Tapco, advertised in "Shotgun News". has carried several models that are functional and cheap. If you know any law enforcement personnel and are on good terms with them, "mooch" the spent 37 mm tear gas cartridges that are left on the firing range after qualification shots are made. I have gotten quite a few casings and even a few live out-of-date rounds. These fired casings can washed, deprimed, cut down and reloaded. They are much better than the cheap plastic casings.

Azazel
Frequent Poster
posted 04-24-2001 11:50 PM
hmmmm those shotgun shells look pretty dodgey
do they do any damage to your barrel?
i think launching a 6" chain out of a shotgun would... you certainly wouldnt want to use this shit on your old mans Silver Pidgeon Berreta !

A-BOMB
Frequent Poster
posted 04-24-2001 11:57 PM
Well forget paying for one I spend the money
on chemical from pyrotec so if anyone has plans for the action, I can make the rest.
------------------
live by the bomb
die by the bomb

A-BOMB
Frequent Poster
posted 04-25-2001 12:02 AM
You see i've got a 40mm and a 38mm pipes so I adapted them to my 12 gauge pistols barrel,
but I need plans for a new action for it (the main spring broke) so plans would help
(not anything that need welding, because my heli-arc is screwed). So plans would help.
And does anybody know where you can buy old dummy grenades?

------------------
live by the bomb
die by the bomb

kingspaz
Frequent Poster
posted 05-08-2001 05:48 PM
I know where to buy dummy deactivated grenades. If you live in the UK go to this site www.milweb.net and go to the dealers section under militeria. There are various links to sites selling various kinds of deactivated ammunition. If you live in the US try searching for militeria (not sure about the spelling because its not in the spell checker). They cost around £15 here.