View Full Version : Trinitroxylene - Archive File

megalomania
June 17th, 2003, 08:04 PM
Saiyan_Knight
posted 05-30-2001 10:09 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you please tell me if TNX can be made by using the same method that one would use to make TNT? Also, does TNX have the same properties as TNT such as the low melting point, stability and det. velocity?

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 05-31-2001 12:43 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Siayan Knight!?
are you originally from the Bravenet forum?
If so welcome back and you can email me at
agent_blak@yahoo.com

------------------
A wise man once said:
"...There Will Be No
Stand Off At High Noon
... Shoot'em In The Back
And, Shoot'em In The Dark"

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

PHILOU Zrealone
Frequent Poster
posted 05-31-2001 07:30 AM
TNX must have similar sensitivity and a slightly higher VOD (due to a higher density!).A higher volume of detonation gases!
------------------
"Life that deadly disease sexually transmitted".
"Chemistry is all what stinks and explode; Physic is all what never works! ;-p :-) :o)"

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 06-02-2001 06:49 AM
Is there a single stage nitration for it, like TNP, or does it have to be multi-stage like TNT and TeNN? I think it would probably be a three stage, since it's so similar to toluene, but I thought I'd check.

PHILOU Zrealone
Frequent Poster
posted 06-08-2001 08:36 AM
Yes multistage, a lot of accidents are reported due to oxydation of the methyl groups into carboxylic groups (heat --> runaway!)!

vulture
June 18th, 2003, 08:40 AM
Xylene is normally a mixture of isomers. Now I wonder, how would the para and ortho isomers be nitrated? The para would have atleast one NO2-group in an ortho position to another NO2-group and this is very unfavorable. Anybody who can shed some light on this?