View Full Version : Is it a full detonation? - Archive File

megalomania
June 17th, 2003, 08:11 PM
HNIW
Frequent Poster
posted 06-04-2001 12:22 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People usually thing that to set off ANFO there is need for great booster like 50g of RDX. My test have shown that if you make blasting cap using 2g of pressed HMTD in Al pipe it will set off ANFO ( 90% of agricultural amonium nitrate + 5% of powdered Al + 5% of acetone ). What is the most interesting this blasting cap doesn't want to set off the same composition as above using oil or petrol instead. Recently I managed to set off 3,5kg of this composition in the forest. It blew up everything in range of 3m even trees were "flying". I wonder if it is full detonation or only fast burning? It is very difficult to recognize. For example if you put 2g of HMTD in Al pipe that is opened on one side it won't detonante therefore it won't set off KClO3 + naphtha, the same pipe stacked from both sides will do it without any problems. The noise of the explosion will be almost the same.

Mr Explosi
posted 06-04-2001 07:30 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think also that detonating ANFO is not hard es many says. my first test was 1,4Kg ANFO with 1/2 gallo Al ( when you work with Alu, drill a hole in it, then something accrues. it dosnt burn, but it s good, i hope you understand me)
So i made a hole with was only 1 feet deep (because there was very hard rock), put the ANFO into it, an in the middle of it a 500ml coce bottle wit 300g AP an 300g NH4NO3.
The Detonation was great!! very loud and powerful, stones flew 75- 100m higt....
The hole was 1m deep, and with a diameter of 2M, very mutch little stone ware in it, it was great, but such a bottle is also VERY powerful, you can easiy destroi trees or big stones!
mr. x

eNt0n
posted 06-04-2001 08:04 AM
1)
Mr. Explosiv, please check you're english. It's even as worse as my english

2)
HNIW, I hope you know, that HMTD will react with the Al. It can cause an explosion of the HMTD.

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 06-04-2001 10:17 AM
Unless he used the method described in
"Improvised Homeade Detonators" by Ragnar Benson; It was a good read and I reccomend it for anyone who wishes to make detonators...It also has nice little section on how to employ them in boobtrap style devices. over all, to much Icing for my liking but still a good read(He is really bad for pumping his other books).
------------------
A wise man once said:
"...There Will Be No
Stand Off At High Noon
... Shoot'em In The Back
And, Shoot'em In The Dark"

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

Mr Explosi
posted 06-04-2001 10:52 AM
sorry, i know that s bad, but i will learn it, and hope you all understand me.
thx

Cipolla
posted 06-04-2001 11:26 AM
Oh, Mr. Explosive that's not the right Forum for you. Hmmm should I tell that you don't have Chemistry in school and don't know the formula of nitric acid? How often have I told you, first learn what chemistry is, then blow up anything.....
Or in my best german: Lern erstmal Chemie du Eumel!!!
Excuse me but he wouldn't understand that in english....

Mr Explosi
posted 06-04-2001 12:07 PM
I ve leard much about chemistry.
Why are you thinking that i don t know the formula of nitric acid? Everybody know it!
Who are you? I tink you know me from GCIC ore ICQ?

HNIW
Frequent Poster
posted 06-05-2001 01:56 PM
I know that HMTD couse corrosion of Al, but after 1 month the blasting cap was only covered with Al2O3 which won't set off HMTD but such HMTD is weaker than new one. I can use lead azide but it is more expensive and it needs a charge of TNRPb that in my situation would be replaced by HMTD. Nevertheless I need HMTD in my blasting caps. Now I am working with HMTD pressed using NC ( nitrostarch ) and acetone. But thanks for suggestions.