View Full Version : rdx...help - Archive File

megalomania
June 17th, 2003, 08:19 PM
mongo blongo
Frequent Poster
posted 06-19-2001 01:55 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
before u say it i have done a lot of searches!!
but still vague!!
i have aquired some lab standard hexamine (pure) and also have some conc nitric acid(not much though)and i have tried to make some rdx using a different method than the one at megalomania(although it is very simmilar). the method was from the terroist's handbook. it stated that letting the temperature rise over 30 degrees C (while nitrating)is verry dangerous!!! and that the rdx product is very
unstable!!! and should not be used for the main charge!!......this method didn't fucking work!! so i am going to try the megalomania's method. but i am concerned about this heating thing. How dangerous is this method really?
also the nitric acid (white)i have got, im not sure how concentrated it is (it fumes so it must be conc). i know for this method it is prefered that the conc should 98-100%
and that more dilute acid will give a different explosive product (cant rember the name...di- something) due to not being fully nitrated. i have no way of making it more concentrated (do not have the equipment).
does anyone know the concentration at which nitric acid starts to fume?
could i do this method with not exactly the right conc(by leaving it longer to nitrate or something)?
i am short on chemicals and equipment(they are not easy to get). so if there is any possibility of making rdx with the chemicals that i have then i would be verry thankfull!!!!!!!!!

------------------
i like blowing shit up

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 06-19-2001 02:29 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well first of all i want to say this: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING TAKING THE ADVICE OF A PIECE OF SHIT BOOK, OVER THAT ON MEGAS PAGE!!! you talk about not wanting to waste, and you also said that you have done alot of research. did you happen to stumble upon anything that said the terrorist handbook is shit. well it is! megas method works. If it doesn't then your acid isn't strong enough, or you messed up. plain and simple. if the page says to heat, then you heat, if it says to keep it cool then keep it cool. you follow megas page by the letter you will have your product.
------------------
"If you must, do it with intelligent people, at least they know how to talk to the cops."

mongo blongo
Frequent Poster
posted 06-19-2001 02:38 PM
yea i know it's a shit book and i know that mega's methods are verry good !! it's just that it said it and i don't want to take anr chances...
so do u know if the nitric acid is good enough?
would it help to leave the nitrating longer to fullly nitrate and not get that other explosive (oh i rember now, that explosive was dinitramine....not the trinitrimine).