View Full Version : Enneaheptite Pentanitrate - Archive File

megalomania
June 17th, 2003, 08:21 PM
Jumala
Frequent Poster
posted 06-19-2001 08:55 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I donīt know if it is the correct english term. I have read in an old patent about this HE and Iīm interested to know more.
It shall be a little less sensitive than PETN
and it has a little higher brisance.
enneaheptite alcohol ( original name in the patent is Anhydroenneaheptite) is made from formaldehyde and aceton. The nitration is done by mixed acid.

Has anyone heared about this stuff?

wantsomfet
Frequent Poster
posted 06-20-2001 07:28 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The pentanitrate of anhydroenneaheptite hasn't proved to be very usefull, although you're right in saying it has a greater brisance than PETN and is less sensible, the yield of the alcohol production is very low. Acetone & Formaldehyde form mostly polymers like CH2=CHCOCH3.
I'll mail you the whole text.
------------------
for best catfood visit:
kangaroooo.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by wantsomfet (edited June 20, 2001).]

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 06-20-2001 08:07 AM
Could you please send it to me as well?
Thanks.

PHILOU Zrealone
Frequent Poster
posted 06-21-2001 09:00 AM
Formol has the hability to add itself to various activated hydrogenated carbon... thus in alfa of a ceto group a nitro group!
Basically thus
1)CH3-CO-CH3 + OCH2 --> CH3-CO-CH=CH2 + H2O
And then partially CH3-CO-CH2-CH2OH after water addition and a little polymerisation.
The beta cetoalcool is now more activated than the first aceton and can capt two more CH2O what is in exces in the process:
CH3-CO-CH2-CH2OH + 2CH2O --> CH3-CO-C(CH2OH)3
The other side can do the same after a long time of reaction to lead to (HOCH2)3C-CO-C(CH2OH)3 an hexol containing 7 carbon is thus synthetised.
This hexol can be hexanitrated to lead to a brother of PETN!
2)CH3-NO2 + CH2O --> CH2=CH2-NO2 + H2O
Polynitrovinyle can be made from that monomer (nitrovinyle) here again following experimental conditions you get the alcool
HO-CH2-CH2-NO2 that reacts further to (HO-CH2)2CH-NO2 and finally to (HO-CH2)3C-NO2.
This last one can be nitrated to another PETN brother with a higher power, about the same sensitivity!

Enjoy the discovery of the nearly infinite world of organic chemical reactions.....