View Full Version : Kclo3 + Mg powder - Archive File

megalomania
June 17th, 2003, 08:40 PM
Mr Explosi
posted 06-03-2001 05:22 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This should be a very good mix!
Have anyone done it? With how mutch of Mg?
An how powerful is it
thx

J
posted 06-04-2001 06:14 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chlorate flash is more sensitive than Perchlorate flash. The Mg is more reactive than Al, which will also make it more sensitive. From the PFP database, there are 3 formulae that I found, all with different ratios:

Fortunes in Formulas:
KClO3 67%
Mg 33%

Pyro-Tec:
KClO3 69% 43%
Mg 31% 57%

The 43/57 formula will be slower burning than the other two.

J

------------------
"If the aquarium water has to be drunk don't waste the fish. In fact they'll probably be the easiest to eat even if you don't need the water. The cat is next in the pot." - John 'Lofty' Wiseman

MacCleod
Frequent Poster
posted 06-05-2001 12:43 AM
KCl03-60%,Mag.-30%,antimony sulfide-10% works great.

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 06-05-2001 12:54 AM
I remeber reading in "Improvised Ninja Smoke Devices(an amazing book)" that if you mix SbS with KClO3 dry it will explode. is that not true?
------------------
A wise man once said:
"...There Will Be No
Stand Off At High Noon
... Shoot'em In The Back
And, Shoot'em In The Dark"

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

Mr Explosi
posted 06-05-2001 03:23 AM
Do you know a good mix with KNO3 and Mg
or with Al, S.........?

CodeMason
Frequent Poster
posted 06-05-2001 04:09 AM
This thread reeks of k3wlness.

J
posted 06-05-2001 04:59 AM
Antimony Trisulphide is used in compositions that are designed to be friction sensitive.
Mr Explosi, do some research, stop asking lazy questions.

J

------------------
"If the aquarium water has to be drunk don't waste the fish. In fact they'll probably be the easiest to eat even if you don't need the water. The cat is next in the pot." - John 'Lofty' Wiseman

MacCleod
Frequent Poster
posted 06-06-2001 12:33 AM
I've read that it can spontaneously ignite,but so far I havn't had it happen (doesn't mean it won't,though!).I only make up 10 grams at a time,mixing it in a yogurt cup taped to the end of a long pole.I snap the lid on,then lay the pole across something and roll the pole back and forth for several minutes.
I use KCl03 from Firefox (supposedly gov.surplus;maybe not as sensitive as fresh?).A 6/3 ratio without the sulfide works just as well;just burns a wee bit faster with it.

vulture
June 18th, 2003, 08:09 AM
KCl03-60%,Mag.-30%,antimony sulfide-10% works great.

Tired of your limbs??:eek:

Antimonytrisulfide in chlorate mixtures is extremely dangerous. These compositions have to be kept extremely dry! BTW, its underoxidized or overfueled. 40% Fuel is too much for a chlorate mix, certainly with a compound like Sb2S3 which consumes quite some oxygen:

2Sb2S3 + 9O2 ---> 2Sb2O3 + 6SO2