View Full Version : igniting naphthalene - Archive File

megalomania
June 17th, 2003, 08:45 PM
DBSP
posted 06-21-2001 10:04 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've got naphthalene witch I haven't been able to ignite. I've tried mixing it with black powder but the naphthalene haven't ignited. The package says it is naphthalene, but there is no sign saying it is flammable. Does anyone know what the problem is?

the freshmaker
Frequent Poster
posted 06-21-2001 10:51 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no problem. Napthalene isn't flammable. Im guessing you wont to use the napthalene for solidfuel fireballs.
When apthalene is finely powdered and mixed with air, its forming a flammable dust cloud, which will burn producing a nice fireball.- BTW SEARCH the forum there is alot of information on this!!

DBSP
posted 06-21-2001 11:20 AM
Erlier this day I tried making a fireball, the "dust cloud" formed but it didn't ignite.
how do i get it to work. Perhaps i should use more black powder.
------------------
¤monte¤

J
posted 06-21-2001 11:24 AM
It is obvious you haven't bothered to search. Take a look at NBK2000's latest post in High Explosives concerning newbies, I won't bother repeating it here.