View Full Version : Improved creatermaker! - Archive File

megalomania
June 17th, 2003, 08:48 PM
DBSP
posted 06-26-2001 06:21 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I was reading the makeshift arsenal yesterday, I saw that double base SP would be more powerful if detonated.
I usually make my creatermakers with double base SP. So today I thought I would try making a CM with a detonator. I made the detonator out of a 22 Magnum case filled to 3/4 with Lead Styphnate and an electrical ignator. I will try it tomorrow.
Has anyone tried detonating double base SP.

------------------
¤monte¤

zaibatsu
Frequent Poster
posted 06-26-2001 09:43 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think TheReal was a big fan of DB smokeless, but he never posts anymore, does anyone know if he still posts in totse?

ANTI-SYSTEM
Frequent Poster
posted 06-26-2001 10:50 PM
yes it does, i set one off with a primmer. and IMO it was louder and more destrutive than all the others i had done. its probibly because all the powder has caught fire befor the case breaks = more gass pressure

PHILOU Zrealone
Frequent Poster
posted 06-27-2001 04:25 AM
That's the difference between low detonation rate/deflagration and high detonation rate!
The mecanical/destructive power produced is higher in the upper VOD.
------------------
"Life that deadly disease sexually transmitted".
"Chemistry is all what stinks and explode; Physic is all what never works! ;-p :-) :o)"

DBSP
posted 06-27-2001 05:58 AM
Thanks guys! I'll try it today. Have any of you got a clue about wich explosive that would work better with double base SP.
Is there anyone else who is a great fan of double base SP?

Cricket
June 18th, 2003, 08:58 AM
Hmm, DBSP, did you ever try this? I also was thinking of this. I don't know if there would be enough explosive or confinement for it but I would still like to try. Many times :D . Also, maybe there is some way to make the transition without the use of a detonator. Someone could put a bit of AP to fill the top. That is sort of a detonator I guess. And would it be best for it to be a solid or leave it in a 'powder' or what I wonder? I am not that familiar with the transitional characteristics of DBSP. Thanks.

DBSP
June 18th, 2003, 09:23 AM
Yes I did, somehow half of that topic seemes to have vanished.

If I remember correctly (it's allmost 2 years since I posted this) I belive I wrote that it was about 1/3 more powerful than the usual cratermaker I had done at the time.

I haven't done any further tests with it since I soon got better things to play with.

A-BOMB
December 4th, 2003, 03:47 PM
I've been trying to clean out my lab lately and have been disposing of the old comps and pyrotechnic that I had laying around and I came by a big bag of empty C02 carts and a bit of flash powder and a jar of already disolved thin DBSP laquer that I had for coating fuse connections. Then I got to thinking, so I mixed a bit of the flash with the laquer, just enough flash and laquer so it stayed liquidy enough that I could just squirt some out of a needle into the C02 cartridge I put about 1.5ml of flash liquid into each cart then laid them on there side in a line and rolled them so it coated the inside making it dry faster. I made about 20 this way in about 10 mins just mix, squirt, roll, fuse.