View Full Version : A Big charge of Ap - Archive File

megalomania
June 17th, 2003, 08:50 PM
MasterMayhem
Frequent Poster
posted 01-04-2001 07:28 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To get the real feeling of the power of ap, you make a batch with 200 ml 30% peroxid, 150 ml aceton, and 40 ml hcl acid. With this recepie you get a coke can full of ap.
After its dry you poor all the ap in a plastic container/pipe, insert a fuse. light and run like hell. I did this yesterday in my backyard. and the shocwave rattled all the windows in my neigbourhood, god damn what a great feeling you get when you feel the ground shake under your feet, better then sex.
And i was just wondering if there's anybody here who have or know's anybody who have detonated big charges of ap.

NightStalker
Frequent Poster
posted 01-04-2001 08:13 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The biggest charge i ever used was about 50g it was electrically ignited. we digged a small hole about 15cm in diameter and 30 cm deep, put the charge in and filled the hole with earth...
when igniting we were about 60 metres away and still felt a slight vibration of the ground... The crater left was about 20-40 cm in diameter, conic formed and 90 (!!!) cm deep...
Another big one was a 20mm cartridge filled with HMTD. we put about 15 empty beer cans and one other heavier can around it forming two rings around the charge and ignited..
We felt the shockwave in our faces although we were about 50m away... searching for traces there were beer-can-fragments (biggest about 5cm) in two rings of about 20 and 45 metres... The heavier can was not destroyed but chucked away for nearly 100m... this was fun

------------------
Death stalks silently....

[This message has been edited by NightStalker (edited January 04, 2001).]

PYRO500
posted 01-04-2001 04:02 PM
the biggest charge that I set off was one pound! (450 g.) it actually made the newspapers (local) ans semi-state enough said I will go deeper into the woods next time! I herd 3 car alarms go off!
[This message has been edited by PYRO500 (edited January 04, 2001).]

NightStalker
Frequent Poster
posted 01-04-2001 06:44 PM
Anyone got pics taken from such explosions?
I'd like to see such pics cause each time i regret i took none...
------------------
Death stalks silently....

SofaKing
Frequent Poster
posted 01-04-2001 07:33 PM
A side note is that your formula is acetone defecient. For 200ml of 30% H2O2 there is 60ml of H2O2. Using the ratio 1:6 you should be using 360ml of acetone ! Think how much more you'd get !
------------------
"ARE YOUR PAPERS IN ORDER" -- Jack Booted Thug

MasterMayhem
Frequent Poster
posted 01-05-2001 08:25 AM
Ok, so i should use more aceton then peroxid, I just used the standard recepie in the makshift arsenal, but insted of 3% i used 30%. I think it's the first and last time i detonate such amount's of ap, I almost shit my self when i was pouring the ap in the container (thinking that it could detonate by it's own weight).
I've got many good detonations of ap, hmtd and other explosives on videotape, when i get around to it, i'll get it onto the computer an out on a website.

green beret
Frequent Poster
posted 01-06-2001 08:19 AM
Holy fucking shit MasterM!!! A whole coke can amount in your yard! I would so love to see a video of that. Do you live in Australia? If you do can you tell me where to get the 30% H202. Thanks bud, oh and can you let us know when you upload the vid/pics please. A whole bloody coke can....

MasterMayhem
Frequent Poster
posted 01-06-2001 08:40 AM
I live in Norway and i get my 30% H202 from paint/hardware stores, it is sold in 2 litre cans, and is used for bleaching furniture and wooden floors. The price is 250 norwegian kroner, witch is about 35 us dollar. Not espesially cheap for u guys, but i live in a very expensive country.
I'll let you know when i've uploaded the videos.

Stone
Frequent Poster
posted 01-09-2001 09:19 PM
I had a dream last night...
That the largest i've done was about 2/3 of a coke can, but it was in a plastic container. This was done down on rock/mud flats, it was placed ontop and just had a fuse to it. It created a hole about 30cm wide and 15cm deep into rock and mud.

ALENGOSVIG1
posted 01-09-2001 09:32 PM
IF YOU think about it, it a prettty big waste. A whole coke can with annm with an ap det would cost less than a dollar. And it is more powerful, just something to keep in mind..Although the ap explosiions you guys described must have been sweet!
------------------
Explosives Archive

radar
Frequent Poster
posted 01-09-2001 09:36 PM
Oh yeah! I've done two coke cans of ap putty taped together. I did it in a huge field in the middle of knowhere, when i set it off i was about 300 meters away and the noise it made made my ears ring (i did it above ground) and it had a slight metallic ring to the boom. Rocks and mud flew everywhere, it was great.

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted 01-10-2001 05:11 PM
I have bought 200ml of Acetone + some Pvc pipe im gonna make a shitload of Ap Crackers with it i use 30% H2O2 ,,I will make this a few day`s before 20Jan because ad that day some friend`s with camera`s are gonna come to my place i will putt the movie`s+photo`s on my site http://www.section1.f2s.com
I have some ideas to blow up:A pile of brick`s/A Pay Phone/Putting the Ap Cracker in a gap from a tree,,More ideas are welcome

------------------
--==DarkAngel==--

Go to Section1 http://www.section1.f2s.com Alot off Bombs/Explosives and Homemade Weapons!!,,,Plus a <<Forum>>!!!

SATANIC
Frequent Poster
posted 01-11-2001 06:42 PM
DAMN!!! i always used the original method, (lowreys) and i get a film container full or so. what have i been missing? a whole lot! i'm off to find 30% h2o2!!

MasterMayhem
Frequent Poster
posted 01-12-2001 06:56 AM
I've got an idea DarkAngel, just drill a hole in a big trea, insert a 100g charge of ap, and watch it go! That would make some nice photos/movie.

Foodos
Frequent Poster
posted 01-12-2001 01:39 PM
And watch a sliver of wood shoot out at 200mph and gouge your eye out

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted 01-12-2001 01:51 PM
Oh god thank you that you give us the "ZOOM" function on camera`s
------------------
--==DarkAngel==--

Go to Section1 http://www.section1.f2s.com Alot off Bombs/Explosives and Homemade Weapons!!,,,Plus a <<Forum>>!!!

SafetyLast
Frequent Poster
posted 01-12-2001 03:40 PM
Hey Dark Angel,
you can some of your AP crackers on old appliances like TV's, refigerators, and washing machines.
you can find them at the dump, but it might be hard to transport them
(im lucky i have a pickup truck)
I found these big trailers out in the middle of the woods about a mile away from the road and I might have to do something about them 2 or 3 kilos of ANNM might do the trick

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted 01-13-2001 10:53 AM
Yeah cool!!
------------------
--==DarkAngel==--

ALENGOSVIG1
posted 01-19-2001 12:16 AM
im gonna blow up a monitor (without glass) tommorow in the woods...Im gonna use up all of bad ap i made awhile ago when the solution boiled...And i forgot to wash it so i gotta get rid of it fast, its turning green on contact to metals in like 3 seconds!..IM gonna set the ap off with a det because the ap is barely flame sensative! (thats a first) Ill take pictures of the remaining pieces if any. Ill try to get a mid-explosion pic which might be difficult, but well see..Im thinking on placing the monitor in a hole to collect debris.
------------------
Explosives Archive

radar
Frequent Poster
posted 01-19-2001 01:44 AM
How many grams you using to blow it up?

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted 01-19-2001 07:02 AM
Im gonna blow stuff up to tomorrow,,Fuck i need also something special,,I wil find something i think
Ps this fish that im eating now is delicious!!

--==DarkAngel==--

Go to Section1 http://www.section1.f2s.com Alot off Bombs/Explosives and Homemade Weapons!!,,,Plus a <>!!!

[This message has been edited by DarkAngel (edited January 19, 2001).]

ALENGOSVIG1
posted 01-20-2001 06:07 PM
well, i blew up the monitor today, but i dont have a pic of it blowing up because the betteries ran out when a lit the sparkler fuse! But i have a picture of the remains
------------------
Explosives Archive

radar
Frequent Poster
posted 01-20-2001 07:28 PM
How much AP did you use to blow up the monitor?

ALENGOSVIG1
posted 01-20-2001 09:17 PM
about 1/8 a pop can full..not much but it totaled it..there was pieces of it like 40 meters away! Once i get the film developed, ill scan in all the pics...im gonna do more experements like this..i might put a coke can full of ap in a stove..that should be great fun! OH, btw, has anyone ordered from pyrotek? i ordered some fuse about 4 weaks ago, i live in canada, about how much longer will it take? Its probally at the boarder or something stopped by the stupid customs
------------------
Explosives Archive

SafetyLast
Frequent Poster
posted 01-20-2001 09:49 PM
I ordered 20ft. of waterproof fuse and a from Pyrotek and it took about 10 days to get delivered, but that is because I live about 200 miles away from where they are located (no stupid customs)

radar
Frequent Poster
posted 01-20-2001 10:17 PM
Hehhe, how'd you use it, did you put it underneath the monitor or in it? That's pretty cool though.

ALENGOSVIG1
posted 01-21-2001 12:14 AM
i put it in the monitor
------------------
Explosives Archive

radar
Frequent Poster
posted 01-21-2001 12:30 AM
Can you pretty please with a cherry on top post the pcitures sorry if i sounds stupid im just wasted right nowhehehee

ALENGOSVIG1
posted 01-21-2001 12:35 AM
hehe..ok..i just have 2 pics..1 or the aftermath i guess u could say, and one of the "device"
------------------
Explosives Archive

MasterMayhem
Frequent Poster
posted 01-21-2001 08:02 AM
I've got some pretty cool pictures too, pictures of what a copperpipe filled with ap does with a steel breadbox. Before an after pictures. My dream is to blow up a toilet, and get it on film.

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted 01-21-2001 01:41 PM
Post those pic`s here i wanna see them,,I will have also some pic`s later this week i hope
------------------
--==DarkAngel==--

ALENGOSVIG1
posted 01-21-2001 02:07 PM
MASTERMAYHEM: i blew up a toilet when i was 12. My toilet. Can you belive that one lady finger firecracker would shatter a toilet bowl!?!? Needless to say, my mom was extremely pisses off!
------------------
Explosives Archive

radar
Frequent Poster
posted 01-21-2001 03:03 PM
I used to modify firecrackers, by filling them with a bit of mercury fulminate then the rest of the space with dynamite!! One of those would absolutely shatter a toilet!

MasterMayhem
Frequent Poster
posted 01-22-2001 04:14 AM
ALENGOSVIG1: I Have a dream of totaly destroying a toilet with, say a 400-500g charge of ap, film the detonation, and watching it in slowmotion over and over again...
I'll develope the pictures me and my buddie took in the weekend probably this or the following week.

ALENGOSVIG1
posted 01-22-2001 11:36 AM
great!
------------------
Explosives Archive

Donutty
Frequent Poster
posted 01-22-2001 04:46 PM
Not sounding impatient...but where are the pics!?
My college has like drawers full of digital (still) and motion (DV) cameras that they lend out without a fuss, so I'll borrow one of those (with my own tape of course!) and when I get my new TV-capture card I'll put some pics up. Fortunately for me, my dad has a garage full of monitors and I live in the middle of no-where. I have a place, about 1 mile from my house called 'The Destruction Zone' that looks like a bomb has hit it (oh yeah, one kind of has!) so I'll be using my AP + ANNM + monitor.

Also, what do people have against toilets. I'd rather get a cheapo RC car, strap a AP charge to it, light it, and set it off down the road Madness!

radar
Frequent Poster
posted 01-22-2001 05:52 PM
You gotta destroy a junked up car, that would be the ultimate.

SafetyLast
Frequent Poster
posted 01-23-2001 06:19 PM
two words, tool shed
either that or a piece of construction equipment like a bulldozer or a backhoe or something to that effect
(might take a lot of ANNM).
more rules apply to this kind of thing though
(destruction of private property)
like:
1. make sure that it is in the middle of nowhere
2. make sure nobody sees you
3. make sure there is no people around
(do it around 1-2am)
I am lucky because I live in the middle of nowhere and I don't have any neighbors for about 1/2 a mile
I also live right next to a lot of orange groves and those go back about 5 miles and every couple hundred meters there is a shed (about 500 cubic feet in size) that controls the sprinkler system in the groves.
I need to do something about these!

SafetyLast
Frequent Poster
posted 01-30-2001 05:58 PM
scratch the tool shed idea, they are usually too close to houses.
Four days ago I blew the hell out of a pota potty
I used half a coke can size ammount inside of a thin walled plastic container
(centrum pill bottle)
with an eight inch fuse. The AP was pressed using some paper towels and part of a toilet paper tube.
I placed the container on top of the closed toilet seat.
The fuse was about 15 seconds, which gave me enough time to run about 50 yards.
the detonation was extremely loud my sister said she heard it and she was about a mile away! the device nearly demolished the porta potty, there were fragments of thick plastic toilet seat about 30 ft. away from it, a large burn mark about 10" across was made on the ceiling, the walls inside were badly scarred, and the metal vents on the sides were blown out. and there was the thick odor of detonated acetone peroxide in the air
(what the hell is that gas? it really reaks) this was the biggest charge I have detonated so far, and next week I am planning to use twice this ammount on the porta potty!
I'll make those damn walls blow off of it and send the door into orbit!

ALENGOSVIG1
posted 01-30-2001 06:53 PM
if it is th kind of porta potty with the hole dug below the toilet, mabe you can get a gas explosion going in there.

ALENGOSVIG1
posted 01-30-2001 07:06 PM
im going to blow up a dishwasher :-)
------------------
Explosives Archive

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 01-30-2001 07:51 PM
aren't dreams great, you can do so much in them and still have your fingers the next morning. i love deaming up cool shit, shit that would actually pass muster in the real world my cousing blew the shit out of a porta potty with a fairly large BP filled pipe bomb. i wasn't there but he said it was a pretty big explosion that demolished the thing. i would suggest putting the bomb in the actual toilet for added confinement.
------------------
...Æ

PYRO500
posted 01-30-2001 08:18 PM
that would be real floater! ha

endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted 01-30-2001 08:36 PM
If one of you guys blows up a porta potty, a shed, or dishwasher you better get it on tape or at least have a before and after or explosion pic, if you didnt it would be a selfish crime to keep such an extrodinary event from us, so next time, you do sumtin like that get videos or pictures, think of how cool it would be if everyone took pictures of there awesome ap explosions and we had a whole thread for them, 30 pictures would keep me interested for like 7 hours

PYRO500
posted 01-30-2001 08:52 PM
yeah it would be awsome getting the forum closed down and all and some of us going to jail!

MasterMayhem
Frequent Poster
posted 01-31-2001 06:07 AM
Just put up a webpage with the pictures, and let us know.

MasterMayhem
Frequent Poster
posted 01-31-2001 11:11 AM
I just blew up a old washing maschine with a 60g charge of the best quality AP, and oh my god that was awsome, I just regret i didn't take pictures or film, it was great.

SafetyLast
Frequent Poster
posted 01-31-2001 02:11 PM
BP pipe bombs are too KeWl for me I made them when I was 14-15 then I got bored of them.
If I had used something like copper for the bomb container insetead of thin plastic it would have absolutely demolished the porta potty, and the door (or fragments of it) would have decapitated me seeing as it was a half soda can sized ammount.
[This message has been edited by SafetyLast (edited January 31, 2001).]

endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted 01-31-2001 02:30 PM
why would we all go to jail, the pics would just be pics of regular, legal firecrakcers, that we were pretending were ap bombs, or pics from frinds that gotta from their uncl who found them on the floor of his friends house, who just died

MasterMayhem
Frequent Poster
posted 01-31-2001 05:19 PM
I'm putting up a webpage when i get around to developing my pictures

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 01-31-2001 09:39 PM
we would not go to jail for looking at the, but it is a potential hazard for the person posting. (not a bighazard, no one can really prove it is actual AP) the only people that can get in trouble are people that actually do the shit that we talk about.
------------------
...Æ

Anthony
posted 02-01-2001 11:08 AM
The problem isn't just you're using AP, but the fact that you're blowing the fuck out of a porta potty - criminal damage, setting off explosive devices in a public place/without permission etc etc

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 02-01-2001 03:33 PM
but as long as you are not the one who does it, then you are fine. just looking at the shit, through pictures off the web isn't going to get you into trouble.
------------------
...Æ

Mammut
posted 02-01-2001 04:22 PM
Hi
i had taken 20g Ap in a 200cm3 bottle
then stand the bottle on a fall tree.
After the *KAAAWUUUUMM* explosion there
WAS A BIG HOLE in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PYRO500
posted 02-01-2001 04:37 PM
no, there was another post before mine, probably was deleted

ALENGOSVIG1
posted 02-25-2001 07:00 PM
Today, a large charge of acetone peroxide was detonated. I didnt weigh the charge, but the tube was 6 inched long, and 2 inches wide. The acetone peroxide was prepared with 3 batches of 60ml h202 + 48ml acetone + 20 ml of HCl. The charge was placed in a pile of logs, branches and large rocks. I lit the charge at retreaded 200 meters. The detonation threw shrapnel 20 feet away from me. I felt it on my face and heard it echo for atleast 6 seconds. A bit better than my last clacium hypochloare naptha explosive.
------------------
technology is a wonderful servant, but a bitch of a master.

Explosives Archive

Sgt_Starr
Frequent Poster
posted 03-05-2001 11:44 AM
My dream is to set off a a paint can (1 gal) full 2/3 way with annm and 1/3 ap and set if off in this old well that is like 12 miles out of town!!! This would take the well out of the ground wouldnt it?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? I can imagine it now .....300 m away with ear plugs in and BWAM Im on my back from the shockwave!
------------------
"Oh Sh".::BOOM::((later
in front of saint peter))
"it"

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted 03-05-2001 03:29 PM
good to see you back, Sgt_Starr.

Sgt_Starr
Frequent Poster
posted 03-05-2001 06:09 PM
::sniffle sniffle:: I was missed ?!? lol
------------------
"Oh Sh".::BOOM::((later
in front of saint peter))
"it"

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted 03-06-2001 04:18 PM
hehe, just wondered where you were all that time

Ezikiel
Frequent Poster
posted 05-23-2001 12:38 AM
Hey guys/gals (don't wanna be sexist here). But anyways I filled up a coke can with AP and with other stuff (just to make it more sensitive) so basically I had a big catapult made of pipes and bunsun burner tubing (a very powerful catapult)I have launched bricks, accurately, over 30 mts. So I put my Ap filled can in it and aimed it at a 2 brick thick wall. It was some old beside a closed bridge. No habitation for a 3 mile radius.So I let her rip ......and boy did it rip. It not only blew the shit out of the target wall but the bunch of bricks that were directly in contact with the coke can were projected back at such a high velocity that they crushed the bricks the hit. The distance between the walls was about 15 feet and like I said earlier .....it was a 2 brick thick with cement and was 12X12 feet.
The shock wave would have probably blown my eardrums from 70 mtrs. Thank God for ear plugs. I really felt the shock wave hit me on the chest. Unfortunately ...no pics but feel free to ask me for as detailed a narration as anyone would like...
------------------
"Go out in a BLAZE OF GLORY"

PYRO500
posted 05-23-2001 03:33 PM
you know the acceloration of a catapult that size is enough to set off AP. be very careful when putting shock to ap

Anthony
posted 05-23-2001 06:14 PM
"and with other stuff (just to make it more sensitive)" - Err, good plan batman!

Ezikiel
Frequent Poster
posted 05-23-2001 09:08 PM
Well guys u don't actually u don't need a very larg accleration ....It would have blown up even if I had just thrown it like a baseball. I used the catapult so I could throw it from a safe distance. Well its basically not making the AP sensitive but the whole can as a device is sensitive to shock. All u have to do is to pack the AP thightly with gravel (Not a lot. A handful is enough for a coke can). And u don't wanna press to hard so as to cause the stones to rub together while u r packing it. I used miniature versions of that in gelatine capsules. But u need a catapult to set them off from a distance as they r quite light. For those u need small gravel chips or if u don't find them small enough or have the patience to make them....U could roll up AP with bigger chips in Al foil. The ones made in Al foil detonate on hand throwing...so be careful....the capsules seem to be quite safe but need to be protected from H2O. In this sort of application, HMTD is about 1.5 times more powerful than AP.
*Note* >>> The capsules or the small Al foil rolls can kill a human. If they r made to detonate on the head or the sturnum.
I have played around with AP and HMTD a lot .. And I have extensive knowledge on their power and behaviour in different conditions. Mixing them with different fuels, explosives etc. I would be happy to share with anyone who is intereasted.

------------------

YTS
Frequent Poster
posted 05-25-2001 06:39 PM
When you guys are talking about filling acoke can 2/3 full of ap do you lightly press it in by hand or just leave it loose because to be honest i shit my self if i press hmtd in to a small tube .ive only made ap once & i didnt think it was as good as the hmtd i made i find hmtd pretty safe so i havent bothered with ap but ap is cheaper & is easier to make youve got be mad or insane to press that much ap in container.i might try it if i dont shit MYSELF to late

PYRO500
posted 05-26-2001 12:00 PM
also people say the detonated a large amount of AP (in weight) well you might have but chances are you measured it wet, to get alot better results dry the AP thouroghly before using and weighing.

Mekap
posted 05-30-2001 03:11 AM
A news report about 2 weeks ago reported:
A teenager building a pipe bomb severly injured. A closer inspection of the article revealed he had a pipe in a vise on his workbench, the pipe was full of acetone peroxide (estimate 150 grams). As the young man was carefully tamping the explosive it detonated. Most of the shrapnel struck him in the abdomen.
In fact anyone on this site would be shocked at the number of maimings this explosive has caused. I wrote this so those uninformed who must experiment with this paticular explosive, at least treat it with the respect it deserves.

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted 05-30-2001 07:09 PM
http://home.t-online.de/home/pyrotec/texte/aufl.htm
I also can't read it all but only a few words and the cross say enough to understand it

------------------
DarkAngel

For explosives and stuff go to Section1 http://www.section1.f2s.com And http://run.to/section1
sendtosection1@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by DarkAngel (edited May 30, 2001).]

ftsman
Frequent Poster
posted 05-31-2001 03:08 AM
Damn so sensitive. would i be able to set off say 1 coke cans worth with a crossman air rifle fully pumped(10x). if it makes a differance pointed tips

PYRO500
posted 05-31-2001 03:44 AM
Uh, yeah a pellet gun will set it off at 10 pumps without pointed pellets, I make bb/pellet gun targets with acetone peroxide.
I fold it up in Al foil and put behing the target. crossmans 1077 (I beleve) sets off the ap with 2 measly pumps with a bb or a pellet. don't underestimate AP, it is extremly sensitive. also I wouldnt recomend shooting a pellet gun at a coke can of ap mainly beacause soda cans fragment damn easy and can throw out little razor sharp metal slivers. if your gonna set it off with a weapon use a 22 cb pellet& scope. that way you can do it from a distance

Mr Explosi
posted 05-31-2001 03:55 PM
@ dark A.
I can read it, and it say that someone have made a pipebomb and a splitter hit his head! that is all! Noting with AP, maybe BP was in it!

wantsomfet
Frequent Poster
posted 05-31-2001 05:39 PM
@mr.explosiv. You should read it again.
"...einer meiner Besten Kumpels in folge einer Explosion von TCAP draufging..."
TCAP=AP=acetoneperoxide

------------------
for best catfood visit:
kangaroooo.cjb.net

Dracul
Frequent Poster
posted 05-31-2001 11:49 PM
Go to http://www.dictionary.com/translate/
Enter the URL in the box down the bottom then set the translation from German to English.
------------------
"By the power of Grayskull, I HAVE THE POWER!" He-man

Check this out www.stileproject.com

Mr Explosi
posted 06-01-2001 08:01 AM
yes is true!
But, i know that it was a wanted explosiv, but he wanted to look at the pipe, an then...

Ezikiel
Frequent Poster
posted 06-01-2001 07:22 PM
Hey I think ..the guy who blew himself up didn't coat the pipe with wax and so it is possible that a crystal might have rubbed itself hard on the coarse inside which caused the detonation. There is a possibility that his AP wasn't washed properly or was made from impure acetone which probably contained compounds that form a more sensitive peroxide. Pure AP is relatively safe to handle but treate it with respect. It might be easy and cheap to prepare but it certainly has a lot of power for is simplicity and is very sensitive (not highly).
------------------

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted 06-01-2001 08:15 PM
Ezikiel it could be anything so it doesn't matter to think what could be wrong with his AP,Maybe even his AP whas perfect
but it's very simple "Don't use AP as a main charge" or even better to take a whole new primary explosive for your caps if you can make it,I still dream about AP for caps but if i can dream about a better one i would use it.
------------------
DarkAngel

For explosives and stuff go to Section1 http://www.section1.f2s.com And http://run.to/section1
sendtosection1@hotmail.com

Ezikiel
Frequent Poster
posted 06-02-2001 12:53 AM
I have mostly used Pb Picrate in my detonators especially when my secondary explosive is Picric acid. Never Use a peroxide primary explosive with an acidic secondary explosive. I have used Cu2C2 also but in quite small quantaties. Pb styphanate is also one of those compounds that r frequently used by me. Anyways don't use a primary explosive as a main charge in quantaties over 50 gms. The coke can experiment was an exception as I wasn't crimping or stuffing anything. I basically use HMTD now instead of AP but AP forms really cool Pyrotechnic effects unlike HMTD.
I use HMTD in my capsules and in small shaped charges.