View Full Version : AP property's - Archive File

megalomania
June 18th, 2003, 03:38 PM
ANTI-SYSTEM
Frequent Poster
posted 06-09-2001 08:14 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One day i started to become concerned about maiming my self with an AP device. So i thought "there must be a way to stabilize these things." Then I figured well this is a crystalline heat sensitive peroxide thus (less heat = a more stable explosive) Right? So if I put the device (AP cracker) in a cooler with a zip lock around it to keep it dry, and some salted ice (salt + ice makes ice colder) on top of it WOULD it become much less, if any less sensitive to its surroundings? There for it would become available for transport in a safer manner. KEYWORD: safer. Would this cooling thing work? If yes what other property's could be used help to stabilize this device? EX: AP cracker cased in PVC with caps glued on.
THANKS! INFO could be a lifesaver.
By the way the search found nothing.

MacCleod
Frequent Poster
posted 06-10-2001 03:49 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know of only one way to help stabilize AP-thorough washing!.AP is heat sensitive,but is also very friction,shock sensitive as well,so I kinda doubt cooling would make much difference.An easy way to test,though would be to throw or drop an AP cracker a particular distance or height until detonation occurs,then do the same with one you had stored in the freezer.

simply RED
Frequent Poster
posted 06-10-2001 04:03 AM
I remember thet was on the new year eve(that year). I dropped AP crackers(about 20-30 grams) from about 35 meters(my flat). No cracer went off when it fall on the asphalt. The crackers were made taht day, they were closed in alluminium foil and were with fuses.
I read that it is possible to store AP forever if it is in fridge below zero degrees celsius(i don't remember the exact temperature below zero 0C)

PYRO500
posted 06-10-2001 05:04 AM
AP will not sublimate below a certain temp but I beleve weak hydrogen bonds can form at two low temps pulling the crystals together and making it more sensitive!

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 06-10-2001 08:57 AM
The safest way to store or transport it would be in a solution in acetone, preferably cold.

mrloud
Frequent Poster
posted 06-10-2001 09:12 AM
What about transporting AP in water? OK, AP is insoluble in water, but it is extremely unlikely to detonate and water is not flammable or likely to dissolve a plastic container like acetone.
[This message has been edited by mrloud (edited June 10, 2001).]

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 06-10-2001 11:43 AM
yes water would work but in order to get the AP back you would have to filter the AP again and then wait for the water to evaporate. With acetone the evaporation would happen quicker.
------------------
"If you must, do it with intelligent people, at least they know how to talk to the cops."

Anthony
posted 06-10-2001 05:35 PM
By putting AP in your cooler you are taking a huge risk. Just stop, and think what would happen to your beer is it detonated! It's just not worth the risk! Fingers grow back but the beer would be gone for ever. For ever.

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted 06-10-2001 06:21 PM
lol hahaha

whenever I transport my ap I always take it in a jar,and I add just enough acetone for all of the AP to dissolve. At the blast site I just take the lid off the jar and all of the acetone soon evaporates. A little shaking from side to side helps.

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted 06-10-2001 07:59 PM
If i dream about AP crackers/cap's i always pack them in alot toilet paper and putt it in a bag and carefully move it to the B-site.
What about mixing AP with a littly bit of oil,just enought to damp it a bit,
i think this will make it much more stable inside a cracker/cap

------------------
DarkAngel

For explosives and stuff go to Section1 http://www.section1.f2s.com And http://run.to/section1
sendtosection1@hotmail.com

ANTI-SYSTEM
Frequent Poster
posted 06-10-2001 09:41 PM
I dont realy c y chilling it wouldnt help. thats what they do to stabilize H2O2 in its higher consintrations for rocket launches. ya its propertys change when its mixed with other compounds. but alot of them stay the same so i figured this property may happen to stay the same.

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 06-10-2001 09:50 PM
i think dissolving the AP in just enough acetone so as all the AP is dissolved and there is no excess acetone is going to be your best bet. And the acetone will easily evaporate.
------------------
"If you must, do it with intelligent people, at least they know how to talk to the cops."

wantsomfet
Frequent Poster
posted 06-11-2001 05:40 AM
When dissolving the AP in acetone & evaporateing the acetone afterwards, what kind of crystals do you get? I would expect larger crystals that are more sensitive...
------------------
for best catfood visit:
kangaroooo.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by wantsomfet (edited June 11, 2001).]

ANTI-SYSTEM
Frequent Poster
posted 06-11-2001 11:19 AM
thanks for the suggetions. ill see what i can do.

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted 06-11-2001 02:54 PM
wantsomfet, that is why we stir it will help avoid large crystals and help facilitate evaporation.